You are here > Home > Blogpen

14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Blogpen
— Our Blogs and Nothing But Our Blogs

Hall of Merit: Right Fielders

Here are the right fielders. Jim O’Rourke should be a LF, his stats are now over there.

Joey Numbaz (Scruff) Posted: July 17, 2002 at 10:17 PM | 123 comment(s)
  Related News:

Hall of Merit: Center Fielders

Here are the center fielders. A much better bunch than the LF’s.

Joey Numbaz (Scruff) Posted: July 15, 2002 at 03:34 AM | 106 comment(s)
  Related News:

Hall of Merit: Left Fielders

Here are the left fielders.

Joey Numbaz (Scruff) Posted: July 15, 2002 at 03:22 AM | 39 comment(s)
  Related News:

Hall of Merit: Catchers

Here are the catchers, I’ve updated this thread 9/19/2003. I’m going to remove anyone who isn’t a new eligible, or hasn’t received a vote from these threads; unless he has 175 WS (145 for the catchers), so these threads don’t get too cluttered.

Joey Numbaz (Scruff) Posted: July 13, 2002 at 04:03 AM | 148 comment(s)
  Related News:

Hall of Merit: Shortstops

Here are the SS’s. Pebbly Jack Glasscock is by far the best candidate here. George Wright may have a case on peak value once we have some NA data. Ed McKean has a case he may get in before the next generation’s big guns start hitting the ballot.

Joey Numbaz (Scruff) Posted: July 10, 2002 at 05:52 PM | 360 comment(s)
  Related News:

Hall of Merit: Third Basemen

Here you go . . . Patsy Tebeau has been added at 1B, he’s not a serious candidate though.

I considered Tom Burns a SS as opposed to a 3B, despite the 48%/44% numbers (48% 3B). Burns prime was as a SS, and a bad half-season late in his career that pushed him a little bit ahead on PT as a 3B. It’s a judgement call, and it means nothing, since WS take position into account already.

Ezra Sutton is by far the best candidate at 3B IMHO.

Joey Numbaz (Scruff) Posted: July 10, 2002 at 05:49 PM | 124 comment(s)
  Related News:

Hall of Merit: Distribution list test

I sent an email last night to all ‘registered voters’, who are basically anyone I have in the address book for the Hall of Merit.

If you didn’t get one, and you want to be on the correspondence list, please let me know, by sending an e-mail to me at this address, which is different than the one below; you can copy the .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) address (the one below) as well. I haven’t been checking that one below for some time, it had slipped my mind. Copying my regular home email will remind me to check the other address and get you in the address book . . .

You can also just post to this thread, leaving your email in the appropriate spot on the form.

I guess we can use this thread if someone wants to bring up an administrative issue, or anything else not related to discussing the merits of players.

Joey Numbaz (Scruff) Posted: July 09, 2002 at 11:04 AM | 118 comment(s)
  Related News:

Hall of Merit: Second Basemen

Click on the discussion link for the summary of 2B.

Joey Numbaz (Scruff) Posted: July 08, 2002 at 11:54 PM | 91 comment(s)
  Related News:

Hall of Merit: First Basemen on the opening ballot

This will be the first of many threads to discuss players at each position on the first Hall of Merit ballot.

A gigantic thank you to David Jones, John Murphy and KJOK. They ran the numbers through the spreadsheets for me and it was a major help. Without their help it would be two months from now before this thread would have been posted. Thanks guys!!

I’m going to list the player’s career WS, top 3 seasons, top 5 consecutive and a few other things, like % played at each position (based on seasons, not games, very important w/shifting schedule length), etc. All WS numbers are adjusted to a 162-game season, based on team games. Hopefully the formatting works . . .

The players are listed here alphabetically. Let me know if anyone was overlooked.

Later in the week, I’ll be adding offensive W-L records that I’ve computed, as well as a total of Stats retroactive MVP, all-stars, etc., so check back here as well. This is just a beginning, these numbers aren’t meant to be a criteria, just a starting point for discussion. I’ll be adding NA WS by the end of the month I hope.

Coming up with reasonable adjusted pitching numbers are still in the works, hopefully in the next two weeks or so.

Let me know what you think of this format. More will be coming . . . The resumes will appear when you link into the discussion, you’ll have to scroll back up.

Joey Numbaz (Scruff) Posted: July 08, 2002 at 07:36 PM | 149 comment(s)
  Related News:

Hall of Merit: Seasonally Adjusted Win Shares for First Ballot (1906 induction) Canditates Update

I’ve received the spreadsheets back from the volunteers (David Jones, John Murphy and KJOK, thanks much!!).

I’ve been swamped and spent the last week at the SABR convention. All data should be posted by Monday morning next week, hopefully sooner.

What I’m planning to do is write up a summary of the data, I’m looking for suggestions on the format.

I see two options. The first is to create a separate thread for each position. The second is one long thread for everyone. I like the first option, but I can be persuaded otherwise.

In addition to the summary, I’ll set up links to the spreadsheets so people can do whatever they want with the data.

We’re getting close to an actual vote here . . . maybe by the end of the month?

I should have similar pitcher info by the end of the week of July 20. The only thing I need is some pitcher/defense split info from 1871-1900 (and some time/volunteers to use this to adjust some numbers, similar to the position player project). Charlie Saeger has been working on this, and I plan to drop him an email later today.

One other thing, I’m hoping to have a preliminary constitution up by the end of next week, so we can discuss it, modify it, and finalize how all of this will work.

Joey Numbaz (Scruff) Posted: July 02, 2002 at 11:59 AM | 4 comment(s)
  Related News:

Page 131 of 133 pages ‹ First  < 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 >  | Features Archive | Site Archive

Los Angeles El Hombre of Anaheim