Members: Login | Register | Feedback

scotto in DC, Friday, September 21
Posted: 17 September 2007 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]

That’s THIS Friday!

The plan for this meetup may be in the Lounge from days past - if so, could someone kindly lay it on me?  If we don’t have a plan yet, how’d everyone like the Elephant and Castle last time?  That seemed to work out just fine, but we are still past due for a NOVA meetup, so anyone with a better idea, post it here.

I don’t know what your schedule is like, scotto, but I can be downtown around 6ish and down to the Old Dominion later.

Posted: 18 September 2007 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

i have to work early saturday, so I might not be able to make it.

Signature 

“I like the words you use. Words in general”. - Juan Pablo.

Posted: 18 September 2007 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I am in, though maybe only for happy hour.  DC or Northern Va work fine for me.

Posted: 18 September 2007 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

Gents:

Thanks for posting this.  I should be out of my meeting at 5ish and ready to travel.  I just need to end up at my hotel in Old Town when all is said and done, and I figure the Metro can handle that.

SJ, it would be a bummer if you couldn’t make it.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 18 September 2007 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

I can make it ‘til about 8.  I guess Damascus is out?

What’s Old Town?

Signature 

l-0-l (-0-) l-0-l
We’ll have to destroy them ship-to-ship.

(){[][][]}<()===========

Posted: 18 September 2007 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

Name the time and place, boys, and I’ll get there. If people end up wussing out, here’s my offer, scotto: Come out to Bethesda, will go to a bar or good restaurant, and I’ll drive your white ass back to Old Town(e).

Signature 

RIP A.D.

Commitment to Excellence

Posted: 18 September 2007 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
scotto - 18 September 2007 02:06 PM

Gents:

Thanks for posting this.  I should be out of my meeting at 5ish and ready to travel.  I just need to end up at my hotel in Old Town when all is said and done, and I figure the Metro can handle that.

SJ, it would be a bummer if you couldn’t make it.

I would be more likely to be able to do a happy hour.  Late night is out.  and I will definitely not be drinking as much as I did at the Werr/shannon meetup.

Signature 

Posted: 18 September 2007 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

I am open to visiting the ‘burbs, or to meeting in the city.  JC, that is a very generous offer and thank you.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 19 September 2007 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
scotto - 18 September 2007 07:53 PM

I am open to visiting the ‘burbs, or to meeting in the city.  JC, that is a very generous offer and thank you.

Well, let’s settle the damn thing. My wife leaves for die Schweiz the next morgen, so I need to know the plans.

Signature 

RIP A.D.

Commitment to Excellence

Posted: 19 September 2007 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

Why don’t we go with the original suggestion and hit the Elephant and Castle at around 6PM.  Then if people feel like moving elsewhere to eat or something we can do that.  I’ve got nothing special planned for Saturday - unless it is to visit my niece - and so am flexible.  Of course, I’ll have my freaking small suitcase with me but that’s a minor impediment.

Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2007 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

I’ll probably not be there, but things have a way of changing.  Much depends on whether I will travel to Tampa for work.

Signature 

Beware of this and that.

Posted: 20 September 2007 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

Splendid - this came together.  I’ll meet everyone at the E&C;probably a little before 6, since there are people who have to leave early.  I’m mobile too, so if we want to bug out after a while, that’s fine.

Posted: 20 September 2007 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

All right. I’ll be there around 6, possibly earlier.

Posted: 20 September 2007 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]

Not looking good for a 6 PM arrival for me, I put the chance at less than 10%.  I surely won’t be there before 8.  Scotto, if I don’t meet up, I would like to say hello before you checkout on Saturday morning.  I will be in at nine.

Signature 

Posted: 21 September 2007 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

I should be there, possibly before 6. I have to leave at about 8.

Posted: 21 September 2007 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]

Didn’t see this until tonight, but I’m out unfortunately. Have fun, folks.

Posted: 21 September 2007 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]

Ok, I’m in, but I won’t be there until about 7. So, “Otto”, drag your butt over there for a bit.

Signature 

RIP A.D.

Commitment to Excellence

Posted: 21 September 2007 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]

Of course, my meeting let’s out at 1540 and I actually have access to a computer.  I guess I’ll sightsee a bit and then head up, ETA around 5.

Signature 

Posted: 21 September 2007 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]

Awesome.  I’ll try to head over a bit early then.

Posted: 21 September 2007 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]

Of course, I’m still stuck here, got word about 30mins ago they’re doing an emergency procedure on someone, might need emergent bypass tonight, so we’ll see.

Signature 

l-0-l (-0-) l-0-l

(){[][][]}<()===========

Posted: 21 September 2007 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
pv nasby - 21 September 2007 08:19 PM

Of course, I’m still stuck here, got word about 30mins ago they’re doing an emergency procedure on someone, might need emergent bypass tonight, so we’ll see.

Good luck with that, still hope to see you there.

Posted: 21 September 2007 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]

And off to the OR we go!

Signature 

l-0-l (-0-) l-0-l

(){[][][]}<()===========

Posted: 24 September 2007 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]

Thanks to those who turned out, and those who tried but were unable due to the president or other work related matters.  It was nice seeing old friends and the faces of old friends whom I’d not seen before.

Who knows when next I’ll be back, but hopefully in the not too distant future.

Signature 

Posted: 24 September 2007 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]

Quality meet up.  Good to meet you scotto.