Members: Login | Register | Feedback

NYC Meetup April 3rd
Posted: 08 March 2008 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]

So, my gf and I are going to New York in April.  We fly in on Thursday the 3rd, and I thought that this might be a nice night for a meetup.  We’ll probably be a bit tired and not up for anything too crazy, but having some drinks somewhere decent should be fun.  We’re staying around the Empire State building and 5th avenue (note:  I have no idea what this means).  If anyone’s interested, let me know and propose a place.  I thought we could also pick the collective brains this night, and see if we can get any good recommendations for what to do while we’re in NYC (although we’ll be looking into this before then, obviously).

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 08 March 2008 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

I’m game for a meet-up. I don’t know exactly what kind of venue you have in mind, we’ve had success here before as a sports bar type place, games will have started by then so that could be fun.

Open to suggestions though.

Posted: 11 March 2008 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

That bar looks like Pacino’s place in DePalma’s nutty Scarface remake…

Posted: 11 March 2008 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

I’ve been a shmuck with respect to attending meet-ups in the past, so I will do my best to attend.  As far as a place, my preference is close to Grand Central (which is close to where Paul D. is staying) and a low noise level.  One suggestion I have is O’Casey’s 22 E 41st btw 5th and Madison Aves.

Posted: 13 March 2008 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

I should be able to make it.

Posted: 17 March 2008 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

So that’s Friday night?  I can probably stop by briefly.

Signature 

The rhetorical oracle sings.

Posted: 20 March 2008 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

I have just realized I have tickets for a Yankee game that day, so I’m out. Sorry.

Posted: 21 March 2008 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

Paul,

If this is Thursday night I may be able to get tickets to the Yankee game that night if you prefer that to a meetup. Game is 7:05 p.m. so you would need to be in the City earlier to pick up the tix and dump your luggage, etc. I can check my ticket situation on Monday if it is of interest.

Signature 

But, I digress.  54-46 was my number, jail guitar doors, right now someone else has that number.

Posted: 23 March 2008 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Scoriano Flitcraft - 21 March 2008 04:55 PM

Paul,

If this is Thursday night I may be able to get tickets to the Yankee game that night if you prefer that to a meetup. Game is 7:05 p.m. so you would need to be in the City earlier to pick up the tix and dump your luggage, etc. I can check my ticket situation on Monday if it is of interest.

That’s a great offer, but we’ve got tickets for the Friday night, and I don’t think I can convince my gf to go to two Yankees games.

And for everyone else, I wasn’t clear in my original post, but we’d be up for something on Thursday night.  I don’t want anyone to feel obligated though.

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 23 March 2008 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Paul D - 23 March 2008 12:55 AM
Scoriano Flitcraft - 21 March 2008 04:55 PM

Paul,

That’s a great offer, but we’ve got tickets for the Friday night, and I don’t think I can convince my gf to go to two Yankees games.

And for everyone else, I wasn’t clear in my original post, but we’d be up for something on Thursday night.  I don’t want anyone to feel obligated though.

I believe Thursday night would be a go for me. The wife usually has to work late anyway on Thursday.

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Posted: 25 March 2008 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

I’m probably in for whatever.

Signature 

who the hell wanna battle the ill mathematical - my ############ brain is IBM-compatible

Posted: 30 March 2008 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

If I don’t go to the Yankee game, I’m up for it. The Ginger Man is very close to the ESB area, and there is a Heartland Brewery in ESB, but I don’t recall if either place show sporting events. There are only two other night games scheduled, TB at Baltimore, and Pitt at ATL, so as long as the Yankee game, and perhaps the NIT championship, is on I don’t think we need to go anywhere w/Extra Innings or any special sports packages.

Paul should suggest a time he would like to get started.

Signature 

But, I digress.  54-46 was my number, jail guitar doors, right now someone else has that number.

Posted: 31 March 2008 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Scoriano Flitcraft - 30 March 2008 01:11 AM

If I don’t go to the Yankee game, I’m up for it. The Ginger Man is very close to the ESB area, and there is a Heartland Brewery in ESB, but I don’t recall if either place show sporting events. There are only two other night games scheduled, TB at Baltimore, and Pitt at ATL, so as long as the Yankee game, and perhaps the NIT championship, is on I don’t think we need to go anywhere w/Extra Innings or any special sports packages.

Sorry for not saying something earlier. 

Sometime between 7 and 8?  I assume that most of you don’t want to be too late. 

We’ll be staying in the Murray Hill area, if that helps determine a place to stay.

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 31 March 2008 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Paul D - 31 March 2008 03:34 AM

We’ll be staying in the Murray Hill area, if that helps determine a place to stay.

A colleague today suggested Bar XII. He watched some NCAA action there and said it was terrific.

Link: Bar XII  34th Street b/w 3rd and 2nd Aves.

Beware, annoying flash entry and disco music. But 20 plasmas and all the games will be on. It is very close to the ESB.

Signature 

Posted: 01 April 2008 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Scoriano Flitcraft - 31 March 2008 10:16 PM

A colleague today suggested Bar XII. He watched some NCAA action there and said it was terrific.

Beware, annoying flash entry and disco music. But 20 plasmas and all the games will be on. It is very close to the ESB.

You know, I talked to my gf, and we were thinking that Tonic might be fun.  We could see Times Square at night, figure out the subway back to the hotel.  So what about Tonic, arriving between 7 and 8?

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 01 April 2008 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Paul D - 01 April 2008 03:14 AM
Scoriano Flitcraft - 31 March 2008 10:16 PM

You know, I talked to my gf, and we were thinking that Tonic might be fun.  We could see Times Square at night, figure out the subway back to the hotel.  So what about Tonic, arriving between 7 and 8?

You could even walk back to the hotel. Tonic it is.

Signature 

Posted: 02 April 2008 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]

Okay, so how will I know BTFers?  Do we get a table?  Wear baseball hats but not have women?  What’s the sign?

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 02 April 2008 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Paul D - 02 April 2008 02:27 AM

Okay, so how will I know BTFers?  Do we get a table?  Wear baseball hats but not have women?  What’s the sign?

I should be able to make it for awhile and am notable as the bespectacled pale-face with the large red ‘fro.

Signature 

Posted: 03 April 2008 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]

Glasses, jeans, blue sweat shirt with a collar, girlfriend.

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 03 April 2008 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Paul D - 03 April 2008 10:59 AM

Glasses, jeans, blue sweat shirt with a collar, girlfriend.

Boy, that last bit makes you stand out like no other at a Primer meet-up.

Posted: 04 April 2008 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]

A fine time was had by all, once Paul and his lovely lady friend got out of Jersey, with all the corpses that entailed.

Signature