Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Chicago April 19th meetup
Posted: 01 April 2008 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]

Quite a few of the Chicago folks have tickets to the Cubs/Pirates game this afternoon.  I’m going, Charles S is going, Jack V is coming down from Madison, and other like retro most likely have tickets as well.

So, where shall we have the post-game meetup?  12:05pm start, so the meetup could potentially go all evening.

Signature 

“Alcohol makes you feel better and then makes you feel worse and then remorselessly very bad indeed, but then alcohol will make you feel better again. It is the cure for the dog that bit you, and how easily you forget it is also the dog.”  - Roger Ebert

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” - Finley Dunne

Posted: 01 April 2008 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

Patriot’s Day! I don’t believe that I have Mini-Manny that weekend - maybe I will for one night, but it would most likely be Friday night.  I’ll give VG a head’s up as well.  He doesn’t come around here anymore.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 01 April 2008 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I have an extra ticket for Saturday’s game for any primate who is interested. The only drawback is that you have to sit with me. I am definitely up for a postgame or evening get-together. My wife might even join us. I’m not too fussy about location because I’ll be driving in from the ‘burbs anyway.

Signature 

Laying down The Law for the swinish multitude.

Posted: 01 April 2008 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

Can’t make it, I’m afraid—I’ll be in DC for the weekend.

Posted: 01 April 2008 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

Indeed, Jill and I will be in town.  We are going to the Hopper exhibit on Friday and baseball all weekend.  I look forward to freezing my ass off.  I’m not quite sure at this junction where our tickets are.  They just arrived today, and Jill has them.

Posted: 01 April 2008 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

I should have mentioned that we will be celebrating my birthday 4-15 that weekend, as well, so there is that.  I expect some free drinks. ; )

Posted: 02 April 2008 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

Consider it a guarantee, JV.  By the way, MMM and Mini-Manny hope to see you as well.  They both would be mightily pleased to do so, and the rest of the crew.  Delilah’s might not be the optimal venue, but breakfast, brunch or dinner would work.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 02 April 2008 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

Count me in.  I’ll check for details as they pop up.

Posted: 02 April 2008 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute - 01 April 2008 07:22 PM

Ah, the demands of male whoring.  ;-)

Posted: 02 April 2008 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
retro-shiite - 02 April 2008 04:24 PM
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute - 01 April 2008 07:22 PM

Ah, the demands of male whoring.  ;-)

It’s his big break, being called up from the Quad Cities to the nation’s capital.

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Posted: 09 April 2008 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

Does anyone have a suggestion for this?  Maybe there’s some sort of restaurant or something that we can meet at right after the game, and then could move to a bar.  The first meetup I went to we did Pat’s then Delilah’s.  Would that work for people?

Signature 

“Alcohol makes you feel better and then makes you feel worse and then remorselessly very bad indeed, but then alcohol will make you feel better again. It is the cure for the dog that bit you, and how easily you forget it is also the dog.”  - Roger Ebert

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” - Finley Dunne

Posted: 10 April 2008 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

Wiener Circle!

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Posted: 10 April 2008 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

I don’t have a suggestion, but I’d look for places near the red line and far enough from Wrigley that they won’t be mobbed with post-game chads & trixies.

Signature 

Posted: 15 April 2008 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]

Good News! Babysitting has been arranged. Mrs. S will be joining us for post-game festivities. Now we just need to pick a place.

Signature 

Posted: 15 April 2008 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

Excellent.  Unfortunately, I’m going to have to leave during the post game shindig.  I’ll meetup right after the game somewhere, but I have to leave for a dinner.  I should be back later that evening for more drunkenness. 

How about Trader Todd’s right after the game?  I’ve gone there a couple of times after the game, and it’s never been too crowded.  It’d be a good place to grab a beer and proceed from there.  It’s on the way towards Delilah’s, which I assume is still the after dinner plan (and where I’ll meet back up with everyone).  Thoughts?

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2008 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]

I’m thinking that I should probably skip bringing the car north on Saturday.  Too much hassle given the amount of movement that seems afoot, especially parking and the high likelihood of my being inebriated when it comes time to head home.

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2008 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
scotto - 16 April 2008 03:29 PM

I’m thinking that I should probably skip bringing the car north on Saturday.  Too much hassle given the amount of movement that seems afoot, especially parking and the high likelihood of my being inebriated when it comes time to head home.

Good idea.

Signature