Members: Login | Register | Feedback

NYC Ballgame Meet-Up
Posted: 25 April 2008 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]

Hello All. Since there are several NYC-area based prominent Primates (myself, MHS, rLr, Cowboy Popup, ACE1242, Repoz among others). As such, I thought a meet-up would be in order, perhaps centered around a ballgame. Since the closing of the stadia means Yankee and Met tickets are hard to come by, and the Brooklyn Cyclones sell out quickly, I was thinking of a game watching the Staten Island Yankees.

The SI Yankees (2005 and 2006 Penn League Champions!) have a number of packages availible including an All-You-Can-Eat option, which might appeal to some, like say, me. The ballpark is like a 2 minute walk from the Ferry, so it is not all that hard to reach. The season doesn’t begin until June so we have some time to arrange things, and could even aim for a game aganist the Red Sox-affliated Lowell Spinners.

Anyway, I’m open to other suggestions but I wanted to put that out there.

Posted: 25 April 2008 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

What about a Wednesday afternoon game at the Stadium?  There are 3 such games in July

Signature 

“I like the words you use. Words in general”. - Juan Pablo.

Posted: 26 April 2008 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I can go pretty much anywhere, any time.

Posted: 28 April 2008 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

Even if the price would be higher, I’d prefer a night game at the Stadium.  Otherwise a weekend night game on Staten Island.

Posted: 01 May 2008 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

Whatever you guys want to do I’m in.

Posted: 21 May 2008 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

AZ and SJ have come through where I have failed:

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/forums/viewthread/1339/