Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Boston Meetup August 2008
Posted: 02 May 2008 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]

I’m going to be in the Boston area for a significant chunk of August this summer.  Hoping to catch at least one game at Fenway if anyone’s interested.  Right now, I’m trying to get tickets for the August 14th game against Texas since some friends from Seattle will be at that one.  I’m open to attending multiple games while I’m in town, though.  Or just meeting up for drinks someplace.

Posted: 02 May 2008 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

I can’t get up there around that time. I will be up for the game on 8/3, but also have family obligations around then.

My now-publicized absence should be a boon to meetup attendance. So there’s that.

Posted: 02 May 2008 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I might be in the area. I can’t commit right now, but it’s a possibility.

Posted: 02 May 2008 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
villageidiom - 02 May 2008 12:02 PM

I can’t get up there around that time. I will be up for the game on 8/3, but also have family obligations around then.

My now-publicized absence should be a boon to meetup attendance. So there’s that.

If vi doesn’t come, I guess I’ll have to Connecticut represent.

Signature 

Designated Sitter: Occasionally brilliant, always astigamatic.

Posted: 02 May 2008 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

I’ll be in New England from August 7th through the 23rd.  So I can be reasonably flexible.

Posted: 03 May 2008 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

Y’all should try for Aug. 9th, the “Futures at Fenway” games. Single-admission doubleheader: First game is Lowell vs. Hudson Valley, second game is Pawtucket vs. Charlotte. Top ticket price is $30, with pretty decent seats for $10.

That is, in addition to whatever Mattbert’s plan was.

Posted: 04 May 2008 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

That sounds like an excellent plan!

Posted: 28 May 2008 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

I have my tickets to the August 14th game.  Anyone interested in meeting up for that game and/or the futures game(s) on the 9th and/or drinks before either one?

Posted: 03 August 2008 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

As an added enticement/entertainment, there are rumors that Joe Bivens will try to get a hit off me if we can find a vacant ballfield somewhere and arrange some free time in common.

Posted: 05 August 2008 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Mattbert - 03 August 2008 06:04 PM

As an added enticement/entertainment, there are rumors that Joe Bivens will try to get a hit off me if we can find a vacant ballfield somewhere and arrange some free time in common.

He just won’t hit it very far.

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Posted: 06 August 2008 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
rLr Is A Special Person With Needs - 05 August 2008 11:00 PM
Mattbert - 03 August 2008 06:04 PM

He just won’t hit it very far.

Straight as an arrow, though.  Little dribblers back to the mound…all day long, baby!