Members: Login | Register | Feedback

3 of 5
NYC Meetup July 18, 2008, Yankee Stadium.
Posted: 09 June 2008 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]

And here we are, June 9. Here’s the final list:

Myself
SJ
AZ
MHS
Scoriano
Ace1412
HCO
Dial
GGC
rLr (90%)/Larry’s Cousin (10%)
Larry

I’ll see what TicketMaster/StubHub has for 11 seats under $50

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
AZ - 09 June 2008 01:07 PM

We have, what, 11 or 12 people coming?  Aside from SABR, that’s a huge concentration of baseball nerdery.  Are we painting out chests or anything?  I suggesting T-H-I-N-K-F-A-C-T-O-R-Y or something like that.  Maybe W-W-W-.-B-B-T-F-.-O-R-G.

Have you seen the chests that tend to be attached to we devoted followers of baseball nerdery? For everyone’s sake, I say let’s keep the shirts on.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]

Yes, but we could be proper and spell out baseballthinkfactory.com.  I know some of these chests can fit two, maybe even three, letters.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]

And we have tickets. LF Bleachers (nothing in our price range in RF, sadly), Section 57, Row K. It’ll come to $54 per ticket—actually, $53.88, if everyone is going to want their 12 cents let me know so I can bring some pennies—which includes shipping, StubHub’s fees, etc.

Tickets are being mailed to me, so once I get them, we can decide on who wants theirs mailed and such.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]

Thanks for handling the logistics, RB.  We’ll buy your beer at the game.

Posted: 09 June 2008 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
AZ - 09 June 2008 01:29 PM

Thanks for handling the logistics, RB.  We’ll buy your beer at the game.

Actually, we’re in the no-booze bleachers, so you’ll buy me a beer after the game.

Posted: 09 June 2008 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]

I have never sat in the bleachers, do they attach to the main stadium?

Signature 

“I like the words you use. Words in general”. - Juan Pablo.

Posted: 09 June 2008 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Sometimes it Rains (sj) - 09 June 2008 02:28 PM

I have never sat in the bleachers, do they attach to the main stadium?

If I understand your question, there is no through access. There may be an electrified fence separating the bleacher creatures from the rest of society. No Monument Park access, either.

For the lawless, I suggest flasks.

Signature 

AMML
4.11.13—4. 16.13

Posted: 09 June 2008 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]

I bring a flask with me everywhere I go.  I even shower with one.  It is why I prefer Cargo shorts.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2008 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]

We can meet at Stan’s beforehand and enjoy some refreshments.

Posted: 09 June 2008 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
AZ - 09 June 2008 07:08 PM

We can meet at Stan’s beforehand and enjoy some refreshments.

This is a good suggestion. We can even go bowling next door.

Signature 

AMML
4.11.13—4. 16.13

Posted: 10 June 2008 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]

I don’t know about Stan’s, but I’ll be hitting El Molino Rojo for alcapurrias before the game.

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Posted: 10 June 2008 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]

Must pregame.

Posted: 10 June 2008 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]

Tickets came today, although through a series of circumstances, I won’t be getting them until this weekend. In any case, that still leaves more than enough time to mail ‘em. So anyone who wants theirs sent should send me an e-mail through Primer with the desired address.

Posted: 11 June 2008 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]

I am getting into Penn Station around noon.  I have to take my sticks to AZ’s doorman.  from then on, I am free, and I have no idea what to do with the time.  I have no idea what to do with the 4 hours, I was going to walk to Central Park, but if someone wants to meet up, I would be willing to.

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2008 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]

I have noticed that my spam filter seems to be catching some of the e-mails from Primates. So far the only people who have asked to have their tickets mailed at HCO and Larry. If you have, but not heard from me, please post it here and send me another e-mail so I can be on the lookout. Thanks.

Posted: 17 June 2008 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
RB in NYC (Now with an Apartment!) - 16 June 2008 03:12 PM

I have noticed that my spam filter seems to be catching some of the e-mails from Primates. So far the only people who have asked to have their tickets mailed at HCO and Larry. If you have, but not heard from me, please post it here and send me another e-mail so I can be on the lookout. Thanks.

Well, are you going to pregame?  I get in at noon, but if you aren’t going to pregame, I should probably get them mailed.

Signature 

Posted: 18 June 2008 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Sometimes it Rains (sj) - 17 June 2008 05:32 PM

Well, are you going to pregame?  I get in at noon, but if you aren’t going to pregame, I should probably get them mailed.

How are we defining pregame? I get off work at 5, which means I can be up at the stadium by quarter to six, assuming the train is running without trouble. But if you want to be there the second the gates open, I’ll mail you the ticket.

Posted: 18 June 2008 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]

Pregame, as in, go to the bar before the game.

Signature 

Posted: 18 June 2008 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]

Why don’t we meet at Stan’s, which is right across from the bleacher entrance?  People can filter in, no later than 6:45 if RB is holding their tickets, and then we can go in together at that time.

Posted: 19 June 2008 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
AZ - 18 June 2008 08:25 PM

Why don’t we meet at Stan’s, which is right across from the bleacher entrance?  People can filter in, no later than 6:45 if RB is holding their tickets, and then we can go in together at that time.

Indeed. I will be at Stan’s (or a similar bar-type place, if that’s the consensus) by quarter to six the day of the game. At that time, I will have everyone’s tickets. If you desire your tickets before that time, I will mail them. At the moment, the only takers for that are GGC, HCO and Larry.

Incidentally, I had to go and buy stamps to mail these—which is fine, I need stamps anyway—and I forgot the ####### machine gives dollar coins as change. So if anyone wants a handful of John Adams dollars, I’ll bring those too.

Posted: 19 June 2008 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]

dollar coins

They’re perfect for vending machines, NJT bus fareboxes, and HBLR TVM’s.  If you still have them on 7/18, I’ll be happy to buy them.

Posted: 22 June 2008 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RB in NYC (Now with an Apartment!) - 18 June 2008 03:41 PM
Sometimes it Rains (sj) - 17 June 2008 05:32 PM

How are we defining pregame? I get off work at 5, which means I can be up at the stadium by quarter to six, assuming the train is running without trouble. But if you want to be there the second the gates open, I’ll mail you the ticket.

Email sent.

Signature 

AMML
4.11.13—4. 16.13

Posted: 23 June 2008 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]

Alright, all the tickets are sent. They went out in a couple of sets, so some might get theirs before others, but they should all arrive easily before the game.

Oh, and yes, I did nick the envelopes from my office, which is why they have the seal of the City of NY on them.

Posted: 23 June 2008 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RB in NYC (Now with an Apartment!) - 23 June 2008 01:32 PM

Alright, all the tickets are sent. They went out in a couple of sets, so some might get theirs before others, but they should all arrive easily before the game.

Oh, and yes, I did nick the envelopes from my office, which is why they have the seal of the City of NY on them.

Did you pay the postage with tax-exempt bonds?

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

3 of 5