Members: Login | Register | Feedback

4 of 5
NYC Meetup July 18, 2008, Yankee Stadium.
Posted: 25 June 2008 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]

I got mine.

Signature 

I don’t want to take your car.

Posted: 27 June 2008 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]

My ticket has arrived.  I got a good price for it on eBay, too.  Hope you and “Bob” have fun!

Signature 

Chariots chariots

Posted: 02 July 2008 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]

So I changed my bus, taking the 9:00 AM bus out, schedule to land at Penn Station at 2:15 PM.  I suppose I will head right to the bar.  Someone want to give me subway directions from Penn Station?

Signature 

“I like the words you use. Words in general”. - Juan Pablo.

Posted: 02 July 2008 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]

take the e to 51st: transfer to the 6:
take the 6 to 51st to 59th transfer to the 4:
Take the 4 express to yankee stadium.

Might be a more direct way, but that should be about 40-50 minutes in terms of time.

Posted: 02 July 2008 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Mister High Standards - 02 July 2008 05:20 PM

Might be a more direct way, but that should be about 40-50 minutes in terms of time.

From Penn Station:

1 Train uptown to 59th, change to D train, ride to 161st Street Yankee Stadium. The D runs express for much of the route. Shouldn’t take more than half an hour.

Edit: And you’re required to root for the train you took to the stadium during the scoreboard subway race.

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Posted: 03 July 2008 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
rLr Has A Structured Settlement, Needs Cash Now - 02 July 2008 11:20 PM

From Penn Station:

1 Train uptown to 59th, change to D train, ride to 161st Street Yankee Stadium. The D runs express for much of the route. Shouldn’t take more than half an hour.

Edit: And you’re required to root for the train you took to the stadium during the scoreboard subway race.

I’m rooting for Teddy.

It’s not like he’d do any better if he was actually there!

Signature 

Chariots chariots

Posted: 03 July 2008 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
rLr Has A Structured Settlement, Needs Cash Now - 02 July 2008 11:20 PM

From Penn Station:

I’m torn on this issue. I’m a lifelong 4 guy, but now I ride the D/B a good deal. I guess I’m sticking with the 4, but I can no longer revel in its victories like I once could.

Posted: 08 July 2008 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]

Upon further reflection, if everyone shows up with cash, I’m going to end up walking around NYC, probably with a few drinks in me, with like, a thousand dollars. As such, I would like to change my request to checks, if possible. $54. Thanks.

Posted: 08 July 2008 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]

So, I sent RB and the golfers an email.  I injured myself this past weekend, and I will be unable to make it up for the game and the golf.  I feel really bad, but things happen.  Maybe I can make it up for a game at the end of the year, because I really wanted to see the stadium again.

Anyway, if you know someone that can purchase my ticket, that would be great.  Obviously full price would be great for me, but whatever price you guys can get, I will just send RB a check for the difference.  I am very, very sad about this development, and I apologize to everyone.  My own drunken stupidity got me into this mess, thus preventing more drunken stupidity, but in NYC.

Once again, I am sorry.

Signature 

Posted: 08 July 2008 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Sometimes it Rains (sj) - 08 July 2008 01:15 PM

So, I sent RB and the golfers an email.  I injured myself this past weekend, and I will be unable to make it up for the game and the golf.  I feel really bad, but things happen.  Maybe I can make it up for a game at the end of the year, because I really wanted to see the stadium again.

Anyway, if you know someone that can purchase my ticket, that would be great.  Obviously full price would be great for me, but whatever price you guys can get, I will just send RB a check for the difference.  I am very, very sad about this development, and I apologize to everyone.  My own drunken stupidity got me into this mess, thus preventing more drunken stupidity, but in NYC.

Once again, I am sorry.

I’m sending Dave Nieporent an e-mail giving him first shot at the ticket, since I believe he has the spot as first alternate. Once I hear back from him, I’ll update this post and possibly throw it open to first-come, first-serve.

Posted: 08 July 2008 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]

Looking forward to this.  RB sent my ticket a while back and I have it on my fridge.  Ten days to go!

Signature 

Designated Sitter: Occasionally brilliant, always astigamatic.

Posted: 08 July 2008 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]

The no-booze bleachers?  WTF?

Signature 

You’re not qualified to talk about this topic.  Sure, you can say whatever you want, but you’re not qualified.  Please stop pretending you have any idea what you’re talking about.  You’re ####### clueless on this topic.

Posted: 08 July 2008 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Chris Dial - 08 July 2008 03:32 PM

Flask.

Signature 

AMML
4.11.13—4. 16.13

Posted: 08 July 2008 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]

rLr, BTF-mail sent.

Signature 

AMML
4.11.13—4. 16.13

Posted: 08 July 2008 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Scoriano Flitcraft - 08 July 2008 03:35 PM
Chris Dial - 08 July 2008 03:32 PM

Flask.

Anyway Dial, we’ll get your BAC up at Stan’s pre-game, then you can let it even out during the game, and raise it back up after. I always enjoy a nice peaks-and-valleys drunk.

Incidentally, like GGC, I’m psyched for this.

Posted: 08 July 2008 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]

I still think we should paint baseballthinkfactory.com on our chests/stomachs.

Posted: 08 July 2008 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
AZ - 08 July 2008 06:01 PM

I still think we should paint baseballthinkfactory.com on our chests/stomachs.

Dial should about cover it. The rest of us can take www.

Signature 

AMML
4.11.13—4. 16.13

Posted: 09 July 2008 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]

So David is able to take the ticket, thus removing the need for a throw it open to all-comers approach.

On a related note, having spent my fair share of time around the Stadium this year, I think our best bet, at least on River Avenue, is the Ball Park Sports Bar & Grill, which seems a lot more able to handle a BTF-sized crowd (both in numbers and pure mass) than does Stan’s. As always though, I am open to suggestions.

Posted: 10 July 2008 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]

Thanks to David for taking my ticket, and I am very sorry I can’t make it, lets do it at the new stadium next year.

What really makes me sad, is I spent $25 at Modells on a Joba 62 T shirt.  And now I have no place to wear it.  I guess at Camden Yards in august.

Makes me sad.

Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2008 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]

If anyone else bails, I have a friend who can meet with us.

Signature 

You’re not qualified to talk about this topic.  Sure, you can say whatever you want, but you’re not qualified.  Please stop pretending you have any idea what you’re talking about.  You’re ####### clueless on this topic.

Posted: 14 July 2008 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]

Moose versus Blanton on Friday night.  Should be a good game.

Signature 

Chariots chariots

Posted: 14 July 2008 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]

Early weather forecasts look good, too.

Signature 

Chariots chariots

Posted: 14 July 2008 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]

If anyone bails, my cousin would very much like to go, so I’ll buy the ticket.

Signature 

Chariots chariots

Posted: 15 July 2008 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]

What time you guys planning to meet before the game?  Trying to figure out when I need to leave work.

Signature 

Designated Sitter: Occasionally brilliant, always astigamatic.

Posted: 15 July 2008 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Gary Geiger Counter - 15 July 2008 02:11 PM

What time you guys planning to meet before the game?  Trying to figure out when I need to leave work.

As Keeper of the Tickets, I’m planning to be at Ball Park Sports Bar & Grill (across River Avenue from Gate 6, which is right field) around 5:45, since that’s about how long it takes me to go from office to ballpark. If anyone wants my cell, I’ll site-mail it.

Now if there’s some terrible trouble on the 4 obviously I’m at the MTA’s mercy but that’s the plan for the moment. If there’s an outcry to go somewhere else I’m perfectly amendable to that, unless I hear otherwise that’s where you can find me and the tickets.

Also, if anyone is bringing checks they can be made out to Richard Barbieri (yes, like the guy in Porcupine Tree; no, we’re no relation). I figure people know my names around these parts, but just wanted to put it out in case.

4 of 5