Members: Login | Register | Feedback

2009 Primer Yankee Game Outing
Posted: 16 February 2009 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]

Ok, so this is very, very early notice. But last year we ended up paying $55 per seat for a ticket in the bleachers which was…suboptimal. As such, I am starting this thread early this year, in the hope we can arrange things early and get superior tickets for the same money or similar tickets for less money. So, who wants in?

Posted: 16 February 2009 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RB in NYC (Now with Weekly Running!) - 16 February 2009 06:01 AM

Ok, so this is very, very early notice. But last year we ended up paying $55 per seat for a ticket in the bleachers which was…suboptimal. As such, I am starting this thread early this year, in the hope we can arrange things early and get superior tickets for the same money or similar tickets for less money. So, who wants in?

I am determined to make a game with the Primates before I depart the city (Junish).

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Posted: 16 February 2009 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I’m interested. Just to get things started let me throw out a few spring Friday night games: May 15 vs. Minnesota, June 5 vs. TB, and June 12 vs. NYM.

Signature 

But, I digress.

Posted: 16 February 2009 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

This is something I would like to do, assuming I still have a job.

Signature 

“I like the words you use. Words in general”. - Juan Pablo.

Posted: 17 February 2009 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Sometimes it Rains (sj) - 16 February 2009 10:37 PM

This is something I would like to do, assuming I still have a job.

If you lose your job, maybe you can sign on as a concessionaire.

Signature 

Posted: 17 February 2009 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Handle’s Messiah - 16 February 2009 01:54 PM

I’m interested. Just to get things started let me throw out a few spring Friday night games: May 15 vs. Minnesota, June 5 vs. TB, and June 12 vs. NYM.

I think we’d probably have to shell out a bunch for a lot of tickets for the Met game. June 5 seems reasonable though.

Posted: 17 February 2009 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

Keep me posted.

Gotta take a leak in my third Yankee Stadium.

Posted: 19 February 2009 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

June 5th works for me.

Posted: 24 February 2009 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

So I’m happy to once again purchase the tickets, assuming we get the pay-or-play promises from everyone again, in order to guartentee cheaper and/or better seats, shall we set an April 5 drop dead date for the June 5 game? Does that work for people?

Posted: 24 February 2009 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

I can not come to a Friday game, only a weekend game.

Signature 

Chariots chariots

Posted: 27 February 2009 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

June 5th should work for me.

Signature 

But, I digress.

Posted: 25 March 2009 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

BUMP.

Signature 

But, I digress.

Posted: 25 March 2009 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

####, like a moron I forgot to post this here. A generous pair of benefactors (that is, my parents) gave me tickets to this game for my birthday. As such, I must withdraw from any pre-game or game related activites. I’ll probably join you guys for some beverages afterwards, if such a thing is happening, but I will be elsewhere during game time. I am willing to maintain my role as Ticket Organizer, since I earlier volunteered, but it would probably be easier for someone within the group to do it.

Posted: 25 March 2009 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RB in NYC (Now with Best Regards) - 25 March 2009 07:27 PM

####, like a moron I forgot to post this here. A generous pair of benefactors (that is, my parents) gave me tickets to this game for my birthday. As such, I must withdraw from any pre-game or game related activites. I’ll probably join you guys for some beverages afterwards, if such a thing is happening, but I will be elsewhere during game time. I am willing to maintain my role as Ticket Organizer, since I earlier volunteered, but it would probably be easier for someone within the group to do it.

If you are still interested, I am up for the alternative of June 12.

Signature 

But, I digress.

Posted: 26 March 2009 12:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

I would also probably prefer the 12th, as the 5th is my wife’s birthday. It would be inadvisable to bail on her for a ballgame with the Primates.

Signature 

Posted: 26 March 2009 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
rLr: Enemy of God, Enemy of Piety, Enemy of Pity - 26 March 2009 12:01 AM

I would also probably prefer the 12th, as the 5th is my wife’s birthday. It would be inadvisable to bail on her for a ballgame with the Primates.

The only problem with the 12th is that we’re going to end up paying a major premium for the Met game. The cheapest tickets I can find for the 12th (in high volume) are $70+ each, whereas the fifth is half that.

Posted: 27 March 2009 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]

I also have tickets for June 5th already, although I can swap them for another date if we go as a group. However, losing rLr would be tragical since part of the point is to get in a game with him before he secedes to the Confederacy.

So, I’ll also throw out Thursday, May 21 vs. the BaltimorOns, and Friday, June 22 vs. Philly as possibilities.  (I’m not sure when rLr departs for N.C.)

EDIT: Of course, rLr should just bring the wife to the game for their anniversary.

Signature 

But, I digress.

Posted: 27 March 2009 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Scoriano Flitcraft - 27 March 2009 02:38 PM

I also have tickets for June 5th already, although I can swap them for another date if we go as a group. However, losing rLr would be tragical since part of the point is to get in a game with him before he secedes to the Confederacy.

So, I’ll also throw out Thursday, May 21 vs. the BaltimorOns, and Friday, June 22 vs. Philly as possibilities. (I’m not sure when rLr departs for N.C.)

EDIT: Of course, rLr should just bring the wife to the game for their anniversary.

The Phillies game looks possible price-wise, the O’s even cheaper (not shockingly, we could get up to 12 seats in the upper deck behind home plate for $40 each or in the RF bleachers for $16). I’d be game for either of those. If people start responding by the end of next week with a consensus for one of those days, I’ll buy the tickets.

Posted: 28 March 2009 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RB in NYC (Now with Best Regards) - 27 March 2009 03:59 PM

So, I’ll also throw out Thursday, May 21 vs. the BaltimorOns, and Friday, June 22 vs. Philly as possibilities. (I’m not sure when rLr departs for N.C.)

The Phillies game looks possible price-wise, the O’s even cheaper (not shockingly, we could get up to 12 seats in the upper deck behind home plate for $40 each or in the RF bleachers for $16). I’d be game for either of those. If people start responding by the end of next week with a consensus for one of those days, I’ll buy the tickets.

Those days sound pretty workable to me.

Signature 

Posted: 30 March 2009 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
rLr: Enemy of God, Enemy of Piety, Enemy of Pity - 28 March 2009 05:00 AM
RB in NYC (Now with Best Regards) - 27 March 2009 03:59 PM

Those days sound pretty workable to me.

Ok, let’s see if anyone has strong feelings one way or the other on 21st vs. 22nd, and mark April 13 (two weeks from today) as the drop dead date for people.

Posted: 13 April 2009 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]

Ok, I’m going to assume this is dead since interest is low. Alas.

Posted: 09 October 2009 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]

So I’m happy to once again purchase the tickets, assuming we get the pay-or-play promises from everyone again, in order to guarantee cheaper and/or better seats, shall we set.

Regards

Sanzo

____
dossier surendettement