Members: Login | Register | Feedback

NYC with rLr!
Posted: 01 May 2009 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]

So as some—but apparently not many—of you know, we tried (and failed) to organize a Yankee game meet-up with rLr before he went on his Sherman-like invasion of our Southern states. That rather didn’t work out. But that doesn’t mean we can’t all get together, have a few beers and watch some baseball.

I will formally suggest May 22 at Tonic in Times Square. That is the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend, but does feature the Mets @ Red Sox and Phillies @ Yankees which I believe covers most (if not all) of the teams supported by NYC primates.

I’m open to other suggestions for date and venue, however. My bad dates are May 7-12, 20 and 26.

Posted: 01 May 2009 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

Major props to RB for organizing these gatherings.  You’ll not pay for beer as recompense.  That day works for me, as does pretty much any day in May.

Posted: 01 May 2009 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I second May 22.  Although I was kind of hoping to go up to the Bronx for some hot hot Phillies action.

My bad dates are May 11 through 21.  I will be in die Schweiz.

Signature 

I don’t want to take your car.

Posted: 01 May 2009 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

Good job, RB. I plan to attend unless it becomes a family getaway day for the long weekend.

Signature 

AMML
4.11.13—4. 16.13

Posted: 02 May 2009 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

Have fun, guys.  I’m moving that week so a trip to the city is out.

Signature 

Designated Sitter: Occasionally brilliant, always astigamatic.

Posted: 07 May 2009 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

rLr posted in the Lounge that he can’t do it and it will have to be moved back to July or August.

Signature 

I don’t want to take your car.