Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Chicagoland Mafia—Weekend of June 4
Posted: 24 May 2006 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]

I’ll be coming into town Thursday night, leaving early Monday morning. 

Sunday afternoon is looking the best for me right now, but that could change.  At any rate, just putting a bulletin out to see if anybody is up for the idea, the concept, of a meetup at some point over said weekend.

Posted: 24 May 2006 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

I am out for Sunday afternoon for sure. I am going to the June 3 Sox-Rangers game. The other ticket is yours if you can make it, although I suspect you already have plans with your friends.

Posted: 24 May 2006 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I have plans to go to the same game, as my dad has supposedly scored some great tickets from a contractor.  He doesn’t have them in his hand yet, so it’s not a sure thing.  I’ll let you know if it falls through.

At any rate, I may be in the city all day before the game, so I’ll give you a ring if I’m taking the El to the park.  Which I presume you’d be doing.

Posted: 24 May 2006 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

stupid air force making me miss this

Posted: 24 May 2006 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

Sounds good. I’ll take the el there for sure.

Posted: 24 May 2006 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

I’m doing a week long bicycle ride in Colorado a couple weeks after that, so my weekends from now until then are mostly filled by me training for that.

I think I’m gonna be in Union, IL out near Marengo-Rockford that weekend on a long ride. So it looks like I’m probably a no-show again.

Posted: 24 May 2006 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

the cheat, as far as i know your always a no show

Posted: 25 May 2006 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

I had a good excuse last time… It was on a Saturday, right? I’m out in the burbs, and I hadn’t driven my car since Thursday night. It snowed like a mother on Friday (or maybe it was thursday)... When I went to start it on Saturday… Nothing. It was dead.  Rather than fork over the money for a tow, I waited a day for my Dad to get back into town and give me a jump so I could drive it to the shop and make sure it was just the battery.

I probably could have taken the train. I’m within walking distance, but I was angry, and decided I was done.

Posted: 25 May 2006 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

If you don’t all celebrate my birthday on June 4th, you are jerks.

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Posted: 27 May 2006 02:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
rLr Twists Your Arm And Makes You Stay With Him - 25 May 2006 09:25 PM

If you don’t all celebrate my birthday on June 4th, you are jerks.

Most of us are jerks anyway ... well, not really.

Have a good one, rLr.

Posted: 30 May 2006 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

The only thing I have on my calendar for June 4th is “Heartworm Pill.” That’s not such a big deal, so I’m in. ¿Donde esta la cervezeria?

Posted: 31 May 2006 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

June 3 would also work, if that were better for people.  Mid-afternoon?  2 or 3?

Posted: 01 June 2006 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

Dr. L Ron might be interested….Post the where’s and the when’s as the emerge!