Members: Login | Register | Feedback

newbie Retrosheet question
Posted: 30 August 2009 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]

I was wondering what researchers do for play-by-play data during the current season. Retrosheet is terrific for historical analysis, but since it’s only updated at the end of each season, it can’t help with the application of historical analysis within the current season. Is there a preliminary play-by-play database available for the 2009 season, coded in the Retrosheet logic? Thanks.

Posted: 31 August 2009 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

You can generally find information at http://www.baseball-reference.com  I’m .not sure what you’re looking for, so I can’t be sure they’ll have it there.

Signature 

It doesn’t matter if you’re white, or black, or a sasquatch even!  As long as you follow your dreams, no matter how crazy or illegal they may be.

Unless you’re a sasquatch.  If you’re a sasquatch then the rules are different.

Posted: 31 August 2009 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I’m familiar with BB-reference.com, but they don’t seem to have Retrosheet-coded play-by-play data.  I can just download play-by-play logs for the current season from ESPN or BB-reference.com, but then I’ll have to do a ton of coding to make it compatible with my historical Retrosheet database…

Posted: 26 April 2010 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

baseball-reference.com is really a very informative site.
All the stats at your fingertips. Thanks for sharing this I didn’t know about this site before.

Signature 

pakistan newspapers | islamic website | pakistani forum | urdu website | banks in pakistan list | broadband pakistan