Members: Login | Register | Feedback

New York Meet Up: October 7 or 8
Posted: 22 September 2009 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]

Since last time all we got to watch was football and tennis (or, more accurately, football pre-game and tennis rain delay) I suggest a meet-up for the LDS. Schedules are not out yet, obviously, but both the 7th and 8th will have three games.

Both will have two NLDS Games, while the 7th has the ALDS “A’ series (AKA “the long series”). We can wait out seeing who is playing when for the exact date on this, but just wanted to put it out there.

Posted: 22 September 2009 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

I’m up for this. I’ll need to numb the pain of the jury duty I’ll be starting that week.

Posted: 23 September 2009 12:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

Those days work for me, but let me check with Tigerine.

Posted: 24 September 2009 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

Sorry, I will be tracking down my roots in Africa.

Signature 

who the hell wanna battle the ill mathematical - my ############ brain is IBM-compatible

Posted: 25 September 2009 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
HCO pushes it to the limit…. LIMIT!!!! - 24 September 2009 02:30 PM

Sorry, I will be tracking down my roots in Africa.

Taking travel advice from Toto, huh?

Posted: 29 September 2009 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RB in NYC (Now with Eviction Date!) - 22 September 2009 03:27 PM

Since last time all we got to watch was football and tennis (or, more accurately, football pre-game and tennis rain delay) I suggest a meet-up for the LDS. Schedules are not out yet, obviously, but both the 7th and 8th will have three games.

Both will have two NLDS Games, while the 7th has the ALDS “A’ series (AKA “the long series”). We can wait out seeing who is playing when for the exact date on this, but just wanted to put it out there.

So things could change, or the Yankees could do something surprising, but it appears for the moment that the 7th will feature the Yankees hosting the Twins/Tigers, while the 8th will have the Red Sox and Angels.

As mentioned, both days will also feature exciting Triple-A action, from that league where the pitchers bat. I will probably end up taking the whole day off so as to soak myself in baseball and, well, beer. So don’t let me drink alone!

Posted: 03 October 2009 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

I’ll be happy to end my hermitude, as I will almost definitely be done working by those dates.

If it’s a smallish meetup, I’d even suggest playing pool while watching the game at Amsterdam Billiards.  Just a thought, though, not required.

Posted: 03 October 2009 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

How old are all you dudes? I’m a supple 25 year-old.

Posted: 04 October 2009 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Teal & Black, Man Among Primates - 03 October 2009 10:47 PM

How old are all you dudes? I’m a supple 25 year-old.

Supple?

I’m also 25. So you won’t be the only, ahem, supple one there.

Posted: 05 October 2009 01:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

Ok, here we go, assuming the Yankees take the long series

October 7
2:30: Rockies @ Phillies
6:30:
AL Central @ Yankees
9:30: Cardinals @ Dodgers

October 8
2:30: Rockies @ Phillies
6:30: Cardinals @ Dodgers
9:30: Red Sox @ Angels

So I would tend to vote for the day with the Yankee game, but I’m willing to be flexible. I will not be drinking all day by myself!

Posted: 05 October 2009 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

You guys have a location and time yet? Amsterdam Billiards sounds fine to me. I’ll embarass myself on those giant regulation tables, though.

Posted: 05 October 2009 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Shooty Did Not Kill McGurk - 05 October 2009 05:18 PM

You guys have a location and time yet? Amsterdam Billiards sounds fine to me. I’ll embarass myself on those giant regulation tables, though.

Amsterdam Billards is fine with me, although I am extremely unlikely to actually play pool given that I am (a) terrible and (b) considerably more interested in the games.

My only concern would be that we’re sure they will actually be showing all three games, and are capable of doing two at once. I haven’t been there in ages—since HS, probably—and they seem to have fancied it up a bit since then. If that’s not likely to be the case, I would vote for elsewhere.

Posted: 05 October 2009 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

A regular old sports bar is fine, too. Tonic, the Mercury Lounge, Ship of Fools. Whatever.

Posted: 06 October 2009 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]

Ok, unless I hear a chorus otherwise, I will be at Tonic (7th between 48th and 49th) starting around 2:30 to watch the games. I’ll be in a suit, since I have been forced to go in to the office in the AM.

Posted: 06 October 2009 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

I’ll swing by for the Yankees around 6:30 unless I go to the game.

Signature 

But, I digress.  54-46 was my number, jail guitar doors, right now someone else has that number.

Posted: 08 October 2009 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]

I will probably end up taking the whole day off so as to soak myself in baseball and, well, beer. So don’t let me drink alone!

Regards

Tanee

____
dossier surendettement