Members: Login | Register | Feedback
Looking for splits
Posted: 31 October 2009 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]

I’m looking for a resource that would provide home/road & left/right splits. i.e. Home lefty, home righty, road lefty, road righty for hitters and pitchers. I’ve checked every site and resource I can think of and have come up with bupkiss. Ideally I’d loe to be able to get 5-10 years worth of data, but I’ll take anything I can get. I’m willing to put in a lot of legwork on this, I’ll go player by player to create a database if I have to, but I can’t even find such stats for individual players.

Posted: 01 November 2009 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Avatar is a great resource for baseball statistics.  They have more splits than you can imagine.

Posted: 02 November 2009 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ] is a great resource, but while they have home/road splits and lefty/righty splits, they don’t have a set that breask down v. lefties at home and v. righties at home, which is the sort of thing I’‘m looking for. Neither does, BP, hardball Times or anyone else I can think of.

Posted: 02 November 2009 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

Oh, for getting that involved, it might be worth setting up a play-by-play database and doing some scripting.  I haven’t done anything in that department, but hopefully someone else will post here who has.  Good luck!