Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Celebratory New York Steak!
Posted: 06 November 2009 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]

Waaay back in April, Scori and I were talking about NYY Steak and made the decision that while dragging ourselves to the South Bronx for such an experience was not likely to be an everyday occurrence, it would be an enjoyable way to celebrate a Yankee World Series victory.

So here we are, with #27 in the Bronx (woo!) and a steak dinner on our minds. We were thinking December 1 for the meal, but that’s not carved in stone. So come eat some steak, celebrate—or curse—the Yankees victory!

Posted: 06 November 2009 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RB in NYC (Now with New (Old) Apartment!) - 06 November 2009 09:03 PM

Waaay back in April, Scori and I were talking about NYY Steak and made the decision that while dragging ourselves to the South Bronx for such an experience was not likely to be an everyday occurrence, it would be an enjoyable way to celebrate a Yankee World Series victory.

So here we are, with #27 in the Bronx (woo!) and a steak dinner on our minds. We were thinking December 1 for the meal, but that’s not carved in stone. So come eat some steak, celebrate—or curse—the Yankees victory!

If you could get it on a weekend, I’d make the trip.

Signature 

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone’s gonna die.  Come watch TV?

Posted: 06 November 2009 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Best Regards, The Crybaby Larry Mahnken - 06 November 2009 09:10 PM

Larry, any way you could get off early (no pun intended) and do a Friday night?

Signature 

But, I digress.  54-46 was my number, jail guitar doors, right now someone else has that number.

Posted: 06 November 2009 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

I don’t know if I can make this event, but I will be back in New York this December, so anything is possible, depending upon the actual date.

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Posted: 06 November 2009 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Scoriano Flitcraft - 06 November 2009 09:14 PM
Best Regards, The Crybaby Larry Mahnken - 06 November 2009 09:10 PM

Larry, any way you could get off early (no pun intended) and do a Friday night?

It would take five hours to drive from Harrisburg to NYC, and a train would take 3½ hours.  If I could get a half-day at work, then maybe I could pull it off, but I don’t think there’s much of a chance of that happening—I don’t have vacations or personal days.

You don’t need to schedule anything to accomodate me, I’m just saying that all things being equal I could probably make a weekend trip.  Have a good time.

Signature 

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone’s gonna die.  Come watch TV?

Posted: 08 November 2009 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

I think AZ gave his OK to this date, although I was several Sam Adams in at that point in the evening, so I might have been just hearing what I wanted to. I’ll forward it along to MHS this week as well.

Posted: 08 November 2009 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RB in NYC (Now with New (Old) Apartment!) - 08 November 2009 10:29 PM

I think AZ gave his OK to this date, although I was several Sam Adams in at that point in the evening, so I might have been just hearing what I wanted to. I’ll forward it along to MHS this week as well.

He lives to celebrate Yankees triumphs, after all.

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Posted: 08 November 2009 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
rLr: Ein Stadtaffe Der Die Stadt Im Blut Hat - 08 November 2009 10:47 PM
RB in NYC (Now with New (Old) Apartment!) - 08 November 2009 10:29 PM

He lives to celebrate Yankees triumphs, after all.

I’m planning to emphasize the “Steak” rather than the “NYY” part of the meet-up.

Posted: 09 November 2009 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

I am available on 12/1.

Posted: 09 November 2009 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
AZ - 09 November 2009 04:26 PM

I am available on 12/1.

Excellent, my booze-soaked brain can retain information yet!

Posted: 17 November 2009 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

Just in case anyone in concerned, this is still on. MHS is a maybe pending his work schedule, and I will make the reservations—not that I think we’ll need them—on the 30th.

Posted: 30 November 2009 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

you ####### are trying to pull a fastone on me, and goto the bronx!  WTF.

Posted: 30 November 2009 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Mister High Standards - 30 November 2009 03:35 PM

you ####### are trying to pull a fastone on me, and goto the bronx!  WTF.

Don’t worry, we’ll give you a chance to spit on the rugs, or whatever would make you happy

Posted: 30 November 2009 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]

Hey RB, something came up, I’m not sure if I can make it.  I’ll let you know tomorrow morning.

Posted: 01 December 2009 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

Reservations confirmed, tomorrow at NYY Steak at 7. Enter through Gate 6. Valet parking availible on the corner of River Avenue and 161st Street. Reservation is in my name, I will be there a little early as I’m actually going to get a drink in the Hard Rock cafe for the sake of checking that out.

Posted: 02 December 2009 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RB in NYC (Now with New (Old) Apartment!) - 01 December 2009 06:25 PM

Reservations confirmed, tomorrow at NYY Steak at 7. Enter through Gate 6. Valet parking availible on the corner of River Avenue and 161st Street. Reservation is in my name, I will be there a little early as I’m actually going to get a drink in the Hard Rock cafe for the sake of checking that out.

Not sure what time I will be there. I have to host a meeting starting at 3 p.m.—hopefully it will be over by 6 p.m. or I can find someone to babysit the remainder for me. I am driving my truck to the Stadium. The Mariano figurine is in the trunk and I expect to be able to remove it without a golf club.

Signature 

But, I digress.  54-46 was my number, jail guitar doors, right now someone else has that number.