Members: Login | Register | Feedback

‹ First  < 7 8 9 10 11 >  Last ›
9 of 33
World Cup Germany 2006
Posted: 17 June 2006 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]

Cech is a hero. I want the Czechs to equalise now.

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]

Cech is the only reason this game isn’t over. Well, Cech and the post.

Signature 

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]

I’ve suddenly realised: If it stays like this, it’s an excellent result for the USA.

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]

I’m not sure why the announcers say that this victory is heartening for the US on the basis of “shows them they can do the same,” as the announcers are saying. Sure, czech losing gives them another chance to advance, but that Ghana is controlling the game should be disheartening, because if ghana can play CR this tough, and italy handled them, then the US has even less of a chance against italy than previously thought, in my mind.

Referee handing out cards like candy here.

Signature 

*includes bacon unless otherwise specified.

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]

I think the card on the ghana kicker was the worst of the match though. He heard the whistle to call ujufaleski, or wahetever, over to the ref and thought it was the wqhistle to kick, so he took the shot. Now he’ll miss the match against the US.

I’m on my feet watching the rest of this cracker of a match.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]

I?m not sure why the announcers say that this victory is heartening for the US on the basis of ?shows them they can do the same,? as the announcers are saying.

I was perplexed by that, too. The United States is playing a different team and has completely different players. And is there a single American player as good as Essien?

Cech is an animal.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]

Cech is amazing.

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]

Some of these shots cech is saving are pretty weak, right at him. I think he’s in ghana’s head.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]

It’s heartening for the US, because the US have to beat Ghana regardless. This result makes it look likely that Italy will beat the Czechs. So if Italy beat the Czechs and the US beat Ghana, then if the US can get anything from the Italy game, they’re through. And even if they don’t, it’ll come down to goal difference. So it’s highly heartening.

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]

And GAME OVER.

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]

GOAL! That was a matter of time.

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]

Of course, the much more likely scenario is that Ghana beat the USA, in which case the Czechs are going to have their work cut out to qualify for the knockout stages.

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]

And this is why i cheer for ghana. Up two, they’re still attacking.

It?s heartening for the US, because the US have to beat Ghana regardless. This result makes it look likely that Italy will beat the Czechs. So if Italy beat the Czechs and the US beat Ghana, then if the US can get anything from the Italy game, they?re through. And even if they don?t, it?ll come down to goal difference. So it?s highly heartening.

Yes,highly heartening in general, but not for the reason the announcers stated. Because if ghana can beat czech, italy is more likely to crush the US.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]

That’ll do it. That additional goal is bad news for the United States. They’re well behind on goal differential now.

It?s heartening for the US, because the US have to beat Ghana regardless. This result makes it look likely that Italy will beat the Czechs. So if Italy beat the Czechs and the US beat Ghana, then if the US can get anything from the Italy game, they?re through. And even if they don?t, it?ll come down to goal difference. So it?s highly heartening.

Except that the team that crushed the U.S. is getting beat up by the team that Italy smacked around. By law of syllogism, the United States will lose its remaining matches by about 10 goals.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]

But Italy didn’t smack Ghana around. Ghana did very well against Italy.

In addition, that second goal is GOOD news for the USA.

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]

Too unslefish. Damnit, I wanted a third for ghana.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]

But Italy didn?t smack Ghana around. Ghana did very well against Italy.

Fair enough.

How do you figure? I see the U.S. trailing two other teams on three points, but trailing one by four goals and one my three on goal difference.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]

That was some kind of save. And another.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]

OK, as it stands, a 1 goal defeat to Italy is an OK result for the USA. If they can do that, they’ll need to beat Ghana by a two goal margin, and hope Italy can put 3 past the Czechs.

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]

Pure idiocy to get a yellow in the 92nd minute.

Two terrific saves.

Ghana!

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]

How do you figure? I see the U.S. trailing two other teams on three points, but trailing one by four goals and one my three on goal difference.

Because otherwise Italy would need to beat the Czechs by 4 for the US to have a chance of qualifying. Highly unlikely. Remember, each goal the US scores against Ghana not only helps the US goal difference, it hurts the Ghanaian goal difference.

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
I AM LASHICUS (TwoAlous) - 17 June 2006 05:50 PM

OK, as it stands, a 1 goal defeat to Italy is an OK result for the USA. If they can do that, they’ll need to beat Ghana by a two goal margin, and hope Italy can put 3 past the Czechs.

I’d call that backing the #### into the next round. And I doubt italy will be doing anything like 3 goals on czech. Has italy ever socred 3 goals on anyone?

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]

Five cards for ghana. At least two key players will miss the game against the US, maybe three, but I don’t have the specs on that last yellow card.

Basically, the US just needs to ####### beat Italy. If they don’t at least tie them, they don’t deserve to move on anyway.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2006 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]

OK, as it stands, a 1 goal defeat to Italy is an OK result for the USA. If they can do that, they?ll need to beat Ghana by a two goal margin, and hope Italy can put 3 past the Czechs.

I can sort of see it, as that would put the U.S. even with both Ghana and CR. What’s the tie-breaker after goal difference? Head-to-head wouldn’t do it.

Signature 

‹ First  < 7 8 9 10 11 >  Last ›
9 of 33