Members: Login | Register | Feedback

DC Meetup
Posted: 07 July 2010 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]

I will be in Washington, DC on Friday, July 16th.  I will be in need of liquid refreshment and some degree of intoxication that evening.  I will be staying near the Convention Center, but can Metro.

What do you say?

Signature 

...right downtown, and PRINT IT!

Posted: 07 July 2010 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

Maybe.

Signature 

“Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” 

“There is soooo much booze here, and no one is drinking it. Why? IT MAKES ME SO MAD.”

Posted: 07 July 2010 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I’d be probable for such a meetup.

Posted: 07 July 2010 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

Damn you, Andere, stealing my thunder.  I’ll be in the greater DC area the week of the 19th and will be open for a meetup, most likely Tuesday the 20th.

Signature 

“Alcohol makes you feel better and then makes you feel worse and then remorselessly very bad indeed, but then alcohol will make you feel better again. It is the cure for the dog that bit you, and how easily you forget it is also the dog.”  - Roger Ebert

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” - Finley Dunne

Posted: 08 July 2010 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Moses thinks he knows what the hell he’s doing - 07 July 2010 08:40 PM

Damn you, Andere, stealing my thunder.  I’ll be in the greater DC area the week of the 19th and will be open for a meetup, most likely Tuesday the 20th.

maybe.

Signature 

“Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” 

“There is soooo much booze here, and no one is drinking it. Why? IT MAKES ME SO MAD.”

Posted: 08 July 2010 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Moses thinks he knows what the hell he’s doing - 07 July 2010 08:40 PM

Arrive early, come see the sights!

Signature 

Posted: 08 July 2010 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

I am arriving early - but to Norfolk to visit my brother.

Signature 

“Alcohol makes you feel better and then makes you feel worse and then remorselessly very bad indeed, but then alcohol will make you feel better again. It is the cure for the dog that bit you, and how easily you forget it is also the dog.”  - Roger Ebert

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” - Finley Dunne

Posted: 11 July 2010 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

Any suggestions for meeting venues? I work on the other side of downtown but could easily make it over there whenever.

Posted: 12 July 2010 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

I have no ideas about a meeting venue.  I’m staying near the Convention Center at around 10th and K, but can Metro anywhere.

Thurs the 15th is also in play as a possibility, but I figured Friday was probably better.

Signature 

Posted: 13 July 2010 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

OK, how about a time at least? There are some happy hours around to take advantage of if that’s a goal of ours, or we could aim for later if that better suits the attendees….

Posted: 14 July 2010 02:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

I’m fine for any time in the evening, preferably around 8 or so.

I just changed my reservation and I’m now staying near Dupont Circle.  Again, any location that’s Metro accessible works for me.

Signature 

Posted: 14 July 2010 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

Brickskeller? That’s close to Dupont Circle. Time should be able to be flexible for me.

Posted: 14 July 2010 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

Later meetup (on Friday) and I may be able to head down after work.  8:00 would probably work for me.

Signature 

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone’s gonna die.  Come watch TV?

Posted: 14 July 2010 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
JH (in DC) - 14 July 2010 02:59 AM

Brickskeller? That’s close to Dupont Circle. Time should be able to be flexible for me.

That works for me. Might be tough to get a sufficiently sized table if we start as late as 8 though…anyone feel like starting at 7?

Posted: 14 July 2010 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Answer Guy - 14 July 2010 07:48 PM

That works for me. Might be tough to get a sufficiently sized table if we start as late as 8 though…anyone feel like starting at 7?

I’ll see if I can get out early.

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2010 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Answer Guy - 14 July 2010 07:48 PM

Obviously I wouldn’t be there at 7 (and being there is a 50/50 proposition at best anyway), but knowing you guys, you’d still be going strong at 8.

Signature 

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone’s gonna die.  Come watch TV?

Posted: 15 July 2010 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]

OK….how many people can we expect, so I know what size table to try to get once I am there tomorrow evening?

Posted: 15 July 2010 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]

We have what looks like three for sure, four 50/50, five possible.

I’ll post something in the Lounge.

7 is a bit early for me, but I think I can be there shortly after that if not on time.  I will BTF mail AG, JH and LM my cell number.

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2010 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]

I will try to get away, but like I said, my roommate of 3 years is moving, and we are having a going away dinner/drinks.  Not sure I will be able to get into DC

My apologies.

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2010 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]

It’s cool.

Looking forward to seeing everyone who shows up.

Posted: 16 July 2010 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]

Sorry, just saw this.  I won’t be able to make it but will be sorry to miss everyone.

Posted: 16 July 2010 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]

And we’ll miss you as well.

Posted: 16 July 2010 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]

Tonight’s looking like a probable “no” to me.  I have AG’s cell #, so I’ll text him if I am going to show up after all.

Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2010 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]

I’ll be there in about 10 mins. Glasses, tan guayabera type shirt, shorts.

Signature 

Posted: 20 July 2010 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]

In case anyone was still following this about my part of the visit, I’m out tonight.  But I’m free tomorrow night if there are open schedules.

Signature