Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Toronto Dial Meet-Up—August 2 (Civic Holiday Monday)
Posted: 12 July 2010 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]

Chris and Red Dial are coming to stay at my cottage August 1 to 4.  The way his schedule is working, it will be difficult if not impossible for him to have a Toronto meetup in Toronto.

I was wondering if there would be any interest among the Toronto area Loungers to make a day trip to my cottage (1:45 north of Toronto) to meet/see Dial and enjoy some sunshine, BBQ and beer?

Families and/or significant others are welcome.  We have four girls ourselves.  I think it would be a fun time but also understand that you may have other commitments on the Civic Holiday.

Please post here or email me directly if you are interested or have any questions.

Posted: 12 July 2010 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

I’d love to join you but that’s the one weekend a year I go to a cottage.  If I remember correctly your cottage is not in the Kawarthas, correct?

Anyways, have fun.

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 12 July 2010 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Paul D - Canada’s Endy Chavez! - 12 July 2010 01:27 PM

I’d love to join you but that’s the one weekend a year I go to a cottage.  If I remember correctly your cottage is not in the Kawarthas, correct?

Anyways, have fun.

We are only 30 minutes from the western most end of the Kawarthas.  What lake will you be on?

In fact, even the farthest point of the Kawarthas is closer to my cottage than your home is.

Posted: 12 July 2010 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Daryn - 12 July 2010 02:28 PM

Anyways, have fun.

We are only 30 minutes from the western most end of the Kawarthas.  What lake will you be on?

In fact, even the farthest point of the Kawarthas is closer to my cottage than your home is.

We’ll be outside of Apsley, on lake Chandos.

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 12 July 2010 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Paul D - Canada’s Endy Chavez! - 12 July 2010 04:04 PM

Anyways, have fun.

That’s far—it is the other side of Kawarthas National Park.  It would take you 2.5 hours and I completely understand not wanting to make that trek in the middle of your holiday—but Red will be crushed. 

Still, it is only 30 minutes farther than coming from downtown Toronto and it gets you 45 minutes closer to home.

Posted: 12 July 2010 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Daryn - 12 July 2010 04:34 PM
Paul D - Canada’s Endy Chavez! - 12 July 2010 04:04 PM

Anyways, have fun.

That’s far—it is the other side of Kawarthas National Park.  It would take you 2.5 hours and I completely understand not wanting to make that trek in the middle of your holiday—but Red will be crushed. 

Still, it is only 30 minutes farther than coming from downtown Toronto and it gets you 45 minutes closer to home.

The problem is that I don’t have a car, so I’m relying on others to give me a ride, which will make this difficult to coordinate.  If I was driving myself I’d consider leaving early Monday morning and stopping at your place for the afternoon.

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 12 July 2010 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

Paul,
what are your travel plans more specifically?  Leave on Friday and return on Monday?

Signature 

You’re not qualified to talk about this topic.  Sure, you can say whatever you want, but you’re not qualified.  Please stop pretending you have any idea what you’re talking about.  You’re ####### clueless on this topic.

Posted: 12 July 2010 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Chris Dial - 12 July 2010 08:57 PM

Paul,
what are your travel plans more specifically?  Leave on Friday and return on Monday?

Yes.  Probably leave Friday morning around 10, leave the cottage Monday around 1.

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 12 July 2010 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

I might be able to go. But I might not. I’m supposed to move house around then.

Something makes me think it’s not public-transport friendly, and I don’t own a car. Also, I’d be coming from K-W, which presumably adds to that 1 hr 45 mins.

Signature 

Libera JLACem nunc!

Posted: 13 July 2010 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
fra paolo - 12 July 2010 10:55 PM

Something makes me think it’s not public-transport friendly, and I don’t own a car. Also, I’d be coming from K-W, which presumably adds to that 1 hr 45 mins.

It is not public transport friendly but KW only adds 30 to 45 minutes.  And you have paolettas, which is very exciting.

If you know where Webers is, you know where my cottage is (Highway 11, 15km south of Gravenhurst).

Posted: 13 July 2010 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

If we go, we might be able to bring you, since we are coming from Hamilton.

But here is the thing.  As you all probably know, our boys are young, and what’s more, Elder is not a good traveller and a difficult guest at the best of times because of the autism issues.  We’d need to plan any trip to cottage country VERY carefully, and it’s a big strain on Mme. JLAC and on the receiving parties.

On the other hand, it sounds like a fabulous opportunity so I will raise it.

Chris : are you able to visit us on the way up for a little while, if we can’t in fact come up to Daryn’s?  We would dearly love to see you and Red, me most of all of course, especially after last time.  That weekend and the following week finds us gloriously, completely free and without guests, so it really is a perfect opportunity.  Let me know.

Signature 

Brett Lawrie ‏ @blawrie13
Wow do it @2Morrow23 that was some sickkkk stuff tonight maaa dudeeee , great game all around by the boyssss , @jparencibia9 swing it budd!!

Posted: 13 July 2010 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 13 July 2010 01:43 AM

But here is the thing.  As you all probably know, our boys are young, and what’s more, Elder is not a good traveller and a difficult guest at the best of times because of the autism issues.  We’d need to plan any trip to cottage country VERY carefully, and it’s a big strain on Mme. JLAC and on the receiving parties.

Chris : are you able to visit us on the way up for a little while, if we can’t in fact come up to Daryn’s?  We would dearly love to see you and Red, me most of all of course, especially after last time.  That weekend and the following week finds us gloriously, completely free and without guests, so it really is a perfect opportunity.  Let me know.

JLAC, yes, we’ll find a way to come by.  I will be smarter about crossing the border this time (EARLIER).

Signature 

You’re not qualified to talk about this topic.  Sure, you can say whatever you want, but you’re not qualified.  Please stop pretending you have any idea what you’re talking about.  You’re ####### clueless on this topic.

Posted: 13 July 2010 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Chris Dial - 13 July 2010 02:47 AM
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 13 July 2010 01:43 AM

JLAC, yes, we’ll find a way to come by.  I will be smarter about crossing the border this time (EARLIER).

OK, we’ll talk logistics via e-mail.  If you’re coming up from BUF like last time, then we’re right on the way there.

Signature 

Wow do it @2Morrow23 that was some sickkkk stuff tonight maaa dudeeee , great game all around by the boyssss , @jparencibia9 swing it budd!!

Posted: 13 July 2010 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Daryn - 13 July 2010 12:10 AM

It is not public transport friendly but KW only adds 30 to 45 minutes.  And you have paolettas, which is very exciting.

If you know where Webers is, you know where my cottage is (Highway 11, 15km south of Gravenhurst).

I’ll raise it with mrs fra paolo. It’s possible we’ll have a car, because it’s possible we’ll rent one to visit my brother in western Michigan during the previous week. But at this stage I don’t really know.

No idea where many places are north of a Peterborough-KW-Sarnia line, except Ottawa. But I have a map! It’s just it’s not here, it’s in K-W.

Signature 

Libera JLACem nunc!

Posted: 13 July 2010 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

If August 3 works better for people, that is also an option and it avoids a lot of traffic.

Posted: 23 July 2010 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]

OK, we definitely won’t be able to make the lake.  Sorry Daryn, was hoping.  Regrets all round.

Signature