Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Major League Equivalency
Posted: 27 June 2006 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]

Hey Statheads, help me out. I need major league equivalency ratios/coefficients for batters AND pitchers at each minor league level (AAA, AA, A, Rk). Here are the informal numbers I have so far.

AAA hitters generally perform 18% worse in the majors.
AA hitters -31%
A hitters -37%
Rk hitters ?

I have no ratios for pitchers. I am tempted to think they are the same as the ratios for batters, but I know that can’t be exactly correct.

Anyway, do these ratios look correct? Does anyone know where I could find these numbers? The 1985 Bill James’ Almanac? I do need specific references for these numbers.

Posted: 28 June 2006 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

Not sure on any exact numbers, but in “Baseball Between the Numbers” they discuss how it varies greatly between leagues at each level.  I don’t remember the specific (and I don’t think the book has specific numbers in it), but off the top of my head the Florida leagues are more pitchers leagues b/c of the humidity and the midwest league is a hitters league because of the elevation.

Sorry if thats of no help, but thought I’d at least mention it.

Posted: 28 June 2006 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

Send me an email, I have the MLE ratios for all full season leagues.  Just remind me to look for them on my home computer.

Here’s last years MLE’s:  http://home.comcast.net/~briankaat/mle05.csv

Signature 

Then Rich Aurilia promptly hit into a double play.

Posted: 30 June 2006 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

I did a look at minor league stats since 1991 last winter and have the differences actually a little lower now - closer to 0.78 for AAA than 0.82.

Signature 

“A critic who refuses to attack what is bad is not
a whole-hearted supporter of what is good.”

-Robert Schumann

Posted: 03 July 2006 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

Hey Rallymonkey,

I sent you an email, but didn’t get anything back.