I’ve made a couple of posts in the past about our league and received some interest. While we don’t currently have an opening, our waiting list has begun to dwindle and I was looking for a few people with the knowledge/free time that may want to serve as a team’s assistant GM, being placed on the waiting list for any future openings. Like most leagues, there is some turn over nearly every year. While I can’t guarantee when an opportunity will arise, assistant GMs get pushed up the waiting list while getting to learn the ins and outs of the league. It is quite possible that we have an opening in the near future but there is no guarantee when an opportunity would open up.
The BNSL, created in 2008, is a 30 team simulation league using the Diamond Mind Baseball Software (which was created by Tom Tippett who is currently the Red Sox Director of Baseball Information Services) and the ZiPS projection disk provided by Dan Szymborski of Baseball Think Factory.
A few of the league’s features are:
- 80 man rosters that increase by 5 each season.
- Both active and 40-man rosters with player options and a waiver system that closely mirrors MLB.
- Player salaries.
- A $150M salary cap with revenue sharing.
- An 8 round rule 4 (amateur) that will expand at least one round per year until we reach 10 rounds.
- A 3 round rule 5 draft in the off-season.
- A 3 tiered free agency system.
If anyone is interested, please reply, send me a PM, or e-mail me so we can discuss the league and how to get started. I’m biased but I think it is a pretty successful and enjoyable league.