Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Chicagoland Mafia: meetup in September?
Posted: 30 June 2006 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]

I’ll be in town for The Touch & Go 25th Anniversary show (could the Mighty Naked Raygun be #25?).  Much beer will be consumed.  Hopefully TWINT will be playing meaningful baseball by then, although I have my doubts.

Signature 

STRONG LETTER TO FOLLOW

Posted: 01 July 2006 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

Oh, I’d love to, TFTIO - I don’t know if I’ll be able to…  I’m rooting for a Raygun appearance show too.  If Pezzatti is there already with Big Black, then who knows?  And would it kill everyone to get the Buttholes back together for this?  Maybe T&G isn’t able to offer the proper encouragement (read:  $$$) that it would take to get that band back together.

I will be in Chicago in early Nov., though, so if I don’t make it to this event, I’ll be there soon.  Doesn’t help you, I realize.

Posted: 01 July 2006 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Your Ace from Outer Space - 01 July 2006 01:39 AM

Oh, I’d love to, TFTIO - I don’t know if I’ll be able to…  I’m rooting for a Raygun appearance show too.  If Pezzatti is there already with Big Black, then who knows?

Yeah.  Haggerty and Kedzy will be there with Pegboy, so ...

I would imagine that the bad blood between T&G and the Buttholes would preclude them being the headliners, but it’d be sweet.

Signature 

STRONG LETTER TO FOLLOW

Posted: 10 July 2006 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

I should be in town that weekend. The Indians are playing the Sox. I look forward to a meetup. I’ll mention this in the Lounge, too.

Posted: 10 July 2006 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

The Hideout Block Party is one of Chicago’s must-attend events.  I’ll be there one way or another.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 10 July 2006 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

I don’t think I won’t be around.

Signature 

“Alcohol makes you feel better and then makes you feel worse and then remorselessly very bad indeed, but then alcohol will make you feel better again. It is the cure for the dog that bit you, and how easily you forget it is also the dog.”  - Roger Ebert

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” - Finley Dunne

Posted: 11 July 2006 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

Wow—I managed to conflict myself out of the Hideout party again, by buying Indians/Sox tickets.  Maybe I should eBay those badboys.

Posted: 13 July 2006 02:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
ex-P.F.C. Wintergreen, Sketchball Extraordinaire - 11 July 2006 07:45 PM

Wow—I managed to conflict myself out of the Hideout party again, by buying Indians/Sox tickets.  Maybe I should eBay those badboys.

mrs scotto let me know that I have tickets for one of those games, procured when I thought the AL Central race would come down to those two teams. HA!  Me and the family will be there one of the days, although if it’s the day Big Black plays I’m a bit concerned about the new songs that Mini-Manny might learn, and then sing at school.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 05 August 2006 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

Tickets (show, airline) purchased.  This is going to rule.

Signature 

STRONG LETTER TO FOLLOW

Posted: 30 August 2006 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

So, is this still happenning?  Should we start working out the details of where we’ll be meeting up (especially those of us not going to the concert)?

Signature 

“Alcohol makes you feel better and then makes you feel worse and then remorselessly very bad indeed, but then alcohol will make you feel better again. It is the cure for the dog that bit you, and how easily you forget it is also the dog.”  - Roger Ebert

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” - Finley Dunne