Members: Login | Register | Feedback

1 of 56
Lycanthropy Think Factory 2012
Posted: 25 January 2012 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]

I am bringing back Lounge Werewolf.

You do not need to have played before. I will explain as we go along. It is largely a game of simple interpersonal trust and negotiation. You can see the previous action in this thread. However, please do not play unless you are okay with the following rules:

1. Daytime goes from 10 AM Eastern to 10 PM Eastern. Night time is the opposite. You must be able to check in at least once every day AND every night, seven days a week. If you do not answer my emails during these times, you will cause a delay of the game and annoy some already-bloodthirsty villagers.

2. Play for your team to win. Do not engage in suicidal behavior even if you think it’s funny.

3. Do not get too cute about strategy. People get angry if they think you are hurting the team. Please do not make people angry. If you have a brilliantly counter-intuitive strategy you need to be able to explain it well.

4. Do not attempt to speculate about my motivations for making one person or another a werewolf. I swear to you that I am using a random number generator.
4a. CW is a werewolf.

5. Do not attempt to speculate about factors outside the game. I do not want to see anything like “JGLB’s user profile says he hasn’t been on the site since last night, so he couldn’t have been part of the werewolf vote”. I will obfuscate the timing of my announcements to prevent this logic from working anyway.

6. YOUR VOTE WILL NOT BE COUNTED if it is not in the form of “I vote to kill [name].” or “I retract my vote to kill [name].” I am not going to count hanging chads, nor delay the voting while I wait for clarification. You could hurt your team this way, which violates rule 2, so do it right. “I have to go with CW” is not a vote. “I’m thinking CW” is not a vote. “CW.” is not a vote. If I’m feeling charitable I will point out hanging chads and suggest that you amend them. But I might not be feeling charitable once the murders start.

Who is in? Seven or more players is ideal although a three-player sudden death is kind of fun too.

Signature 

who the hell wanna battle the ill mathematical - my ############ brain is IBM-compatible

Posted: 25 January 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

I’m in.  I vote to kill Paul D.

PS - do emails go to our BTF mail, or can we get them to an email that we actually check?

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 25 January 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

Hooray! I will play. I will be on an airplane all of feb 4-6 though, if that impacts scheduling.

Signature 

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.

Posted: 25 January 2012 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
scotto - 25 January 2012 05:57 PM

I’m in.  I vote to kill Paul D.

PS - do emails go to our BTF mail, or can we get them to an email that we actually check?

Lacking any other way of contacting you, I’ll start with your BTF mail. I am happy to use any other email address, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, telephone, telegraph, or strip-o-gram. Just BTF mail me and let me know.

Signature 

who the hell wanna battle the ill mathematical - my ############ brain is IBM-compatible

Posted: 25 January 2012 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 25 January 2012 05:36 PM

I am bringing back Lounge Werewolf.

You do not need to have played before. I will explain as we go along. It is largely a game of simple interpersonal trust and negotiation. You can see the previous action in this thread. However, please do not play unless you are okay with the following rules:

1. Daytime goes from 10 AM Eastern to 10 PM Eastern. Night time is the opposite. You must be able to check in at least once every day AND every night, seven days a week. If you do not answer my emails during these times, you will cause a delay of the game and annoy some already-bloodthirsty villagers.

2. Play for your team to win. Do not engage in suicidal behavior even if you think it’s funny.

3. Do not get too cute about strategy. People get angry if they think you are hurting the team. Please do not make people angry. If you have a brilliantly counter-intuitive strategy you need to be able to explain it well.

4. Do not attempt to speculate about my motivations for making one person or another a werewolf. I swear to you that I am using a random number generator.
4a. CW is a werewolf.

5. Do not attempt to speculate about factors outside the game. I do not want to see anything like “JGLB’s user profile says he hasn’t been on the site since last night, so he couldn’t have been part of the werewolf vote”. I will obfuscate the timing of my announcements to prevent this logic from working anyway.

6. YOUR VOTE WILL NOT BE COUNTED if it is not in the form of “I vote to kill [name].” or “I retract my vote to kill [name].” I am not going to count hanging chads, nor delay the voting while I wait for clarification. You could hurt your team this way, which violates rule 2, so do it right. “I have to go with CW” is not a vote. “I’m thinking CW” is not a vote. “CW.” is not a vote. If I’m feeling charitable I will point out hanging chads and suggest that you amend them. But I might not be feeling charitable once the murders start.

Who is in? Seven or more players is ideal although a three-player sudden death is kind of fun too.

I am sensing some personal animosity here.

Signature 

You don’t give up.  You should, but you don’t.

Posted: 25 January 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

CW : Werewolf :: Albert Belle : baseball

Signature 

Posted: 25 January 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

In.

Is there a list of all the rules?

Posted: 25 January 2012 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 25 January 2012 06:06 PM

In.

At each step I’ll tell you exactly what you need to do but it’s based on this.

Signature 

Posted: 25 January 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 25 January 2012 06:15 PM
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 25 January 2012 06:06 PM

In.

At each step I’ll tell you exactly what you need to do but it’s based on this.

Sorry, I phrased that unclearly.  I have played quite a bit of internet WW, and had some techical questions, rather than how does this work type questions.

Nothing that would change my being in, just curious.  I guess I could just read the thread you linked.

Posted: 25 January 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

Actually, to get things moving faster, please contact me and let me know how you want to communicate privately. BTF mail is fine. If we’re friends on Facebook and you prefer that, that’s fine too.

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

I see four players so far.  We only need one more for a quorum. Please contact me and let me know what kind of off-BTF communication you prefer.

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

I am not in on this one, as I have not developed sufficient immunity to iocane powder to ensure my victory. But it will be entertaining to watch the rest of you.

Signature 

“For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.”

Posted: 26 January 2012 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

I will play.  I can be contacted by email.  You have my address.

Posted: 26 January 2012 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]

Count me in.

Posted: 26 January 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

I have contact information for Flounder, Daryn, and CW so far. Still need to hear from Scotto, Bourbon Samurai, and Accent. And preferably one more player.

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]

I’ll play, although I have no idea how to.

Contact at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Signature 

Someday they are going to forget about us
And I wonder if we were ever good enough
It hit me last night in this song I heard
I remember the feeling but forget all the words.

Dead Religions

Posted: 26 January 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]

In.

Signature 

Drink Along With Me! JugLub’s Semi-Whenever-He-Feels-Like It Beer Rating Thread

Posted: 26 January 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]

Can I play? Or did I miss my cue?

EDIT: Email sent.

Signature 

Brett Lawrie ‏ @blawrie13
Wow do it @2Morrow23 that was some sickkkk stuff tonight maaa dudeeee , great game all around by the boyssss , @jparencibia9 swing it budd!!

Posted: 26 January 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]

JLAC makes 9. That’s an odd number so we’ll close it there. Now I just need to hear from Bourbon Samurai and we will be off to the races.

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]

No, sorry, I heard from Bourbon. I need to hear from Accent.

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]

I BTF mailed you about an hour ago, with a proper email.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 26 January 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]

OK, hopefully we can officially start this thing at 10 AM Eastern tomorrow. Then it will end by 10 PM on the 30th at the latest.

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]

I’ll wait here and till my fields and feed my goats, blissfully unaware of any kind of impending doom.

Signature 

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.

Posted: 26 January 2012 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 26 January 2012 04:25 PM

I’ll wait here and till my fields and feed my goats, blissfully unaware of any kind of impending doom.

Hi, I’m a swarthy stranger, perhaps you need some chores done and you can pay me in food and lodging.

Signature 

Drink Along With Me! JugLub’s Semi-Whenever-He-Feels-Like It Beer Rating Thread

Posted: 26 January 2012 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
JGLB Will Soon Be A Sad Old Man - 26 January 2012 04:38 PM
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 26 January 2012 04:25 PM

Hi, I’m a swarthy stranger, perhaps you need some chores done and you can pay me in food and lodging.

I’m the town ne’er-do-well, and resent you horning in on my turf.  I work for ale!

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2012 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]

If we start with a daytime, can we assume the seer hasn’t seen anything and the werewolves don’t even know who each other are?

1 of 56