Members: Login | Register | Feedback

‹ First  < 43 44 45 46 47 >  Last ›
45 of 56
Lycanthropy Think Factory 2012
Posted: 12 February 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1101 ]

I also don’t like how smelly brought up the AG kill to cast suspicion on daryn.  I mean they could have planned that out, but I dunno.

Posted: 12 February 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1102 ]
Daryn - 12 February 2012 01:19 PM

Fwiw, bads had to keep me alive because he was pretty much all-in on daryn is the wolf.  That said, I also thought I’d convinced him I wasn’t the seer.

The same can be said about you having to keep me alive—we are at impasse. However, even if you had killed me, you could have convincingly made up a falsehood to convince Kirby or Flounder that one of other was a werewolf. You are very good at this game. I don’t think I could have pulled that off.

Signature 

Headed up the coast with my only Jewish Mexican friend\nFound a bar in Arcadia it was the means to an end\nIn the alley for a smoke, got beat up by some Aryan goons\nLying in my blood I said hey Juan, does this mean I\‘m still a gringo?\n\nDead Religions

Posted: 12 February 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1103 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 12 February 2012 01:25 PM

just to be all official and ####,

bads have you voted daryn?

Yes, I officially vote for Daryn.

Signature 

Headed up the coast with my only Jewish Mexican friend\nFound a bar in Arcadia it was the means to an end\nIn the alley for a smoke, got beat up by some Aryan goons\nLying in my blood I said hey Juan, does this mean I\‘m still a gringo?\n\nDead Religions

Posted: 12 February 2012 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1104 ]
bads85 - 12 February 2012 01:33 PM

Fwiw, bads had to keep me alive because he was pretty much all-in on daryn is the wolf.  That said, I also thought I’d convinced him I wasn’t the seer.

The same can be said about you having to keep me alive—we are at impasse. However, even if you had killed me, you could have convincingly made up a falsehood to convince Kirby or Flounder that one of other was a werewolf. You are very good at this game. I don’t think I could have pulled that off.

That reads poorly—- my point was that if I had been the werewolf, I would have killed Daryn just so I would have had to get into a debate over my innocence with him because he is so good at this.

Signature 

Posted: 12 February 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1105 ]
bads85 - 12 February 2012 01:43 PM
bads85 - 12 February 2012 01:33 PM

That reads poorly—- my point was that if I had been the werewolf, I would have killed Daryn just so I would have had to get into a debate over my innocence with him because he is so good at this.

Dammit—that should have read “so I would have not had to get into a debate…”

Signature 

Posted: 12 February 2012 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1106 ]

I got crap I need to do, so here goes nothing:

I vote to kill bads.

You both played pretty well, and sorry bads if I goofed. I think there is evidence both ways.

Posted: 12 February 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1107 ]

And jglb, I will lock my vote in here.  I would rather know now that I messed up than having to wait all night.

Posted: 12 February 2012 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1108 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 12 February 2012 01:51 PM

I got crap I need to do, so here goes nothing:

I vote to kill bads.

You both played pretty well, and sorry bads if I goofed. I think there is evidence both ways.

You got me—- I was the other wolf. I knew I was screwed when I saw you talking about the Browns in the Lounge. Nothing ever good happens to me when the Browns are involved.

Good game, everyone.

Signature 

Posted: 12 February 2012 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1109 ]

Great last day bads.  Flounder is a super player and you really got him thinking.

Posted: 12 February 2012 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1110 ]

Good game, guys.

bads, could you explain your reasons for knocking me off?

Posted: 12 February 2012 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1111 ]

whew.  I came pretty close to casting a daryn vote there.  You were villagery all game bads, it was just that I thought daryn was also, and I read him as seer yesterday.

Posted: 12 February 2012 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1112 ]

Yes kudos to bads for making a game of it.

Posted: 12 February 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1113 ]
Daryn - 12 February 2012 12:32 PM
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 12 February 2012 12:21 PM
Daryn - 11 February 2012 11:42 AM

Yes, I don’t get that.  If I am not a wolf, why isn’t Flounder dead?

Daryn can you please explain this?  It was from yesterday morning.

I am on a cell phone so can’t look back, but it had something to do with the fact that the wolves ought to have been HCO voters and should have killed one of the smelly voters.  Maybe I meant if I am a wolf. 

The killing of AG did not make sense to me.

I just re-read the thread and cannot figure out what I was thinking.  I think it might have just been a mistake and I meant to say that if I am not a wolf, either Flounder or I should be dead.  That is certainly who I expected to be killed that night—one of the two of us.

Posted: 12 February 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1114 ]
Kirby Kyle - 12 February 2012 02:06 PM

Good game, guys.

bads, could you explain your reasons for knocking me off?

I hoped you were the seer, but most importantly, I wanted to create confusion—- if I killed Daryn, I thought Flounder and you would just kill me. I thought I had a chance of putting the false seer tag on Daryn.

Signature 

Posted: 12 February 2012 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1115 ]
Daryn - 12 February 2012 02:03 PM

Great last day bads.  Flounder is a super player and you really got him thinking.

Thanks—I thought it was looking good for me for a bit there. I had to radically switch from the strategy Smelly and I had planned because you guys nailed it yesterday.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1116 ]

Good game all, it’s very different watching it and knowing all the roles.

Signature 

Drink Along With Me! JugLub’s Semi-Whenever-He-Feels-Like It Beer Rating Thread

Posted: 13 February 2012 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1117 ]

Too, if anyone has any feedback on the rules as I interpreted them, or my narration I would appreciate it.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2012 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1118 ]

The dancing stuffed animals are pleased that the werewolves have been slain.

Posted: 13 February 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1119 ]
JGLB, Future King of a Future State - 13 February 2012 07:29 AM

Too, if anyone has any feedback on the rules as I interpreted them, or my narration I would appreciate it.

It could have used more sex.

Signature 

who the hell wanna battle the ill mathematical - my ############ brain is IBM-compatible

Posted: 13 February 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1120 ]
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 13 February 2012 08:58 AM
JGLB, Future King of a Future State - 13 February 2012 07:29 AM

It could have used more sex.

I can’t force sex, but it’s an under-utilized tool when it comes to bartering for votes.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2012 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1121 ]

It’s interesting to see the lynching process.  For example, I think Daryn and bads, or Daryn and me could have been a perfect, coordinated wolf team.  Of course, I or bads would have voted differently if we were not wolves.  also, there would have been an actual seer out there if Daryn was a wolf and not a seer.  So it is hard to say how the other scenarios would have played out.  Coercing villagers is definitely more art than science.

I think the issue is, people consider behavior ‘wolfy’ if they wouldn’t play like that.  which leads to some crass judgments.  I managed to single myself out two games in a row in the first round.  The first game I was actually a villager, the second game I was playing with an idea I came up with while playing the first game (which is why I went with it, what better way to be villagery than to post with an idea I had as a villager).  Obviously that didn’t work.  It may have been better for me to go after Daryn instead of HCO, since Daryn voted for me first.  But Daryn seems to have a hold over this game, which made me hesitant to vote for him on the first day.  If and when he is an actual wolf, I think he is going to eat all of our lunches.

I still like the random idea.  Maybe not a random vote, but a random selection.  I think the trick is for the player to choose their first vote randomly of screen, without publicizing it.  Not come up with a group random experiment like I tried.  The first votes tend to be for the people talking, at least in the games I’ve played.  With wolves, you know at least 2 votes first day votes will be non-random.  Which is bad for the villagers.  Also, only nominating two people the first day doesn’t seem ideal.  And random voting is probably better for any role. Wolves are better off with a random first night kill, villagers are better off with a truly random first day lynch.  Game 1, Flounder was very discrete, where Game 2, Daryn was very aggressive.  Both were seers.  Game 1, Accent and JGLB had it easy because we got in a fight trying to lynch two humans.  Game 2, bads had to pull my ass out of the fire two days in a row.

Which brings me to my final conclusion.  If the wolves get the seer early enough (by the 5-4 player round), I think they win almost everytime.  If not, I think the villagers will win almost everytime.

Anyways, The rules worked for me this game. Very well run JGLB.  I should have posted on saturday night to acknowledge my death.  Both bads and me being afk most of saturday didn’t help our chances.  Our play did seem to sow some confusion though, all the way up to the end, so maybe it was for the best.  Were flounder/kirby at all close o voting Daryn on the second day?

If people are up for another game, I’d be happy to run it this time.  I’d like to get a late wednesday or early thursday start.

Posted: 13 February 2012 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1122 ]

I am definitely up for another game.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2012 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1123 ]
Smelly is so fluffy he’s gonna die - 13 February 2012 12:13 PM

It’s interesting to see the lynching process.  For example, I think Daryn and bads, or Daryn and me could have been a perfect, coordinated wolf team.  Of course, I or bads would have voted differently if we were not wolves.  also, there would have been an actual seer out there if Daryn was a wolf and not a seer.  So it is hard to say how the other scenarios would have played out.  Coercing villagers is definitely more art than science.

I think the issue is, people consider behavior ‘wolfy’ if they wouldn’t play like that.  which leads to some crass judgments.  I managed to single myself out two games in a row in the first round.  The first game I was actually a villager, the second game I was playing with an idea I came up with while playing the first game (which is why I went with it, what better way to be villagery than to post with an idea I had as a villager).  Obviously that didn’t work.  It may have been better for me to go after Daryn instead of HCO, since Daryn voted for me first.  But Daryn seems to have a hold over this game, which made me hesitant to vote for him on the first day.  If and when he is an actual wolf, I think he is going to eat all of our lunches.

I still like the random idea.  Maybe not a random vote, but a random selection.  I think the trick is for the player to choose their first vote randomly of screen, without publicizing it.  Not come up with a group random experiment like I tried.  The first votes tend to be for the people talking, at least in the games I’ve played.  With wolves, you know at least 2 votes first day votes will be non-random.  Which is bad for the villagers.  Also, only nominating two people the first day doesn’t seem ideal.  And random voting is probably better for any role. Wolves are better off with a random first night kill, villagers are better off with a truly random first day lynch.  Game 1, Flounder was very discrete, where Game 2, Daryn was very aggressive.  Both were seers.  Game 1, Accent and JGLB had it easy because we got in a fight trying to lynch two humans.  Game 2, bads had to pull my ass out of the fire two days in a row.

Which brings me to my final conclusion.  If the wolves get the seer early enough (by the 5-4 player round), I think they win almost everytime.  If not, I think the villagers will win almost everytime.

Anyways, The rules worked for me this game. Very well run JGLB.  I should have posted on saturday night to acknowledge my death.  Both bads and me being afk most of saturday didn’t help our chances.  Our play did seem to sow some confusion though, all the way up to the end, so maybe it was for the best.  Were flounder/kirby at all close o voting Daryn on the second day?

If people are up for another game, I’d be happy to run it this time.  I’d like to get a late wednesday or early thursday start.

I don’t feel like it was that easy, I feel like we worked hard to create a lot of confusion that game.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1124 ]

I’d be up for another game…

Posted: 13 February 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1125 ]

Re smelly’s post

First, JGLB, the game was perfectly run.  I like your narrations.  I showed them to friends and my wife who all thought the coolness of them made the fact that I was playing werewolf online slightly less geeky.

Smelly—I have thought a lot about the random killing.  Mathematically, it is better for the villagers in terms of the likelihood of killing a wolf on the first day.  Since the wolves can sway the first killing to a human, the random method avoids that.  However, the information we get from voting patterns is invaluable to the villagers.  I see werewolf like playing Mastermind—yes, your first turn is a random guess, but you learn a lot from it eventually.  After three or four turns, you have enough cumulative information to guess the right answer.

I have never been the wolf online but I think it would be exceptionally hard.  Bads had a great post at the beginning of the last day but because of one sentence in which it seemed like he wasn’t thinking the way a villager would have thought, he might have betrayed himself to Flounder. 

I do have some theories on how to successfully wolf online, but I think I will save them until I get a chance to practice them in an actual game.

I am not so sure losing the seer is such a big deal, especially in the deadline version where he he can at least tell us what he knows in his dying words.  I thought being the seer hurt the villagers on the last day last game.  Flounder was absolutely certain bads was a wolf on Day 2 and only when I came out as seer did he waver.  That said, if the seer gets lucky enough to see a wolf before the last day, it is a game changing advantage.

‹ First  < 43 44 45 46 47 >  Last ›
45 of 56