Members: Login | Register | Feedback

46 of 56
Lycanthropy Think Factory 2012
Posted: 13 February 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1126 ]

Also, I’d love to have the experience of moderating because I think that would be fascinating (I love spoilers), but I don’t feel I have the time to commit to it.

Posted: 13 February 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1127 ]
JGLB, Future King of a Future State - 13 February 2012 04:00 PM

I don’t feel like it was that easy, I feel like we worked hard to create a lot of confusion that game.

heh.  I didn’t mean to impugn your/Accent’s gameplay.  YOu guys did an excellent job of maximizing and creating confusion amongst the villagers.

Re:Daryn:  I agree that random voting wouldn’t be helpful.  I’m thinking more along the lines of random nomination at this point. a binding, random voting process would almost certainly not be beneficial for the reasons stated.

Posted: 13 February 2012 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1128 ]

I’d play.

Posted: 14 February 2012 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1129 ]
Daryn - 13 February 2012 05:03 PM

Re smelly’s post

Bads had a great post at the beginning of the last day but because of one sentence in which it seemed like he wasn’t thinking the way a villager would have thought, he might have betrayed himself to Flounder. 

I do have some theories on how to successfully wolf online, but I think I will save them until I get a chance to practice them in an actual game..

Which line was that, Daryn? I thought I might have blown it at the end.

I think that you were the seer gave me a chance the last day. I was able to put the false seer tag on you and create doubt—had Kirby been the seer, I don’t know what I would have done. If I had been around on Day 2, I probably would have sacrificed Smelly.

I agree with Smelly about people sometimes putting a wolf label on people because that isn’t the way they would play, especially on the first day. I like the first day though—Smelly’s random nomination process might be a good way to initiate conversation without an accuser immediately drawing unwarranted suspicion.

EDIT: Great Job, JGLB.

Signature 

But it was not always thus - remember?
Once you worshipped me and named me a god
In many tongues and made offering lest I exact too terrible a tribute

Dead Religions

Posted: 14 February 2012 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1130 ]
Accent Shallow - 13 February 2012 07:51 PM

I’d play.

So would I.

Signature 

Dead Religions

Posted: 14 February 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1131 ]

Bads,

That you were ‘very surprised’ you survived the night.  My * only*  play as a wolf would have been to let you live and say you were the wolf.  If you had been playing the game as a human, you would have known that and been shocked you were killed and completely unsurprised you lived.  At least, that was my read.

Posted: 14 February 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1132 ]

Ok, so we have:

Bads
Accent Shallow
Answer Guy
JGLB

Posted: 14 February 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1133 ]

In. So I can get killed again.

Signature 

who the hell wanna battle the ill mathematical - my ############ brain is IBM-compatible

Posted: 14 February 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1134 ]

I vote to kill HCO.

(Kidding, kidding!)

Posted: 14 February 2012 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1135 ]
Daryn - 14 February 2012 09:15 AM

Bads,

That you were ‘very surprised’ you survived the night.  My * only*  play as a wolf would have been to let you live and say you were the wolf.  If you had been playing the game as a human, you would have known that and been shocked you were killed and completely unsurprised you lived.  At least, that was my read.

Interesting—- I just went back and re-read that, and it does read as a mistake. However, that is because of my conflated writing, not my intended point.

That is really why this game appeals to me—not only do you have to be on your game logic wise, but word choice is imperative. I get real sloppy with pronoun usage, and it can cause trouble.

Signature 

Dead Religions

Posted: 14 February 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1136 ]

In for another game.

Belated thanks for the game jglb.

And bads, iirc, I didnt think that chioce of words was all that wolfy.  I think the wolves often are thinking ahead more than villagers do, since they ahve more info.

Posted: 14 February 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1137 ]

I don’t think I can join twice.

Posted: 14 February 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1138 ]

This needs to be pimped in the Lounge.

Signature 

Drink Along With Me! JugLub’s Semi-Whenever-He-Feels-Like It Beer Rating Thread

Posted: 14 February 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1139 ]

We are up to:

Flounder
HCO
Bads
Accent Shallow
Answer Guy
JGLB

We need 1-3 more.

Posted: 15 February 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1140 ]

I am back in America, and eager to show that I am free from lycanthropic taint.

Signature 

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.

Posted: 15 February 2012 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1141 ]

Ok, I think we’ll cap it at 7.  If everyone could drop me a BTF email, I’ll get things started.  Let me know if you’ve emailed in here.  I have a yahoo mail, so if BTF mail doesn’t work, I’ll put my email in here.

Posted: 15 February 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1142 ]
Smelly is so fluffy he’s gonna die - 15 February 2012 12:16 PM

Ok, I think we’ll cap it at 7.  If everyone could drop me a BTF email, I’ll get things started.  Let me know if you’ve emailed in here.  I have a yahoo mail, so if BTF mail doesn’t work, I’ll put my email in here.

I have emailed you.

Signature 

Dead Religions

Posted: 15 February 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1143 ]

BTFMail sent.

Posted: 15 February 2012 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1144 ]

an email has been sent.

Posted: 15 February 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1145 ]

Ok, I’m not getting the BTF mails.  I got one email from bads so far.  Stupid yahoo.

Posted: 15 February 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1146 ]

Just to get the fire under peoples feet:  I’m leaning towards starting next week if people don’t contact me tonight.  I’m open to starting late thursday/early friday.  I find workday werewolf far better than weekend werewolf myself.

Posted: 15 February 2012 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1147 ]
Smelly is so fluffy he’s gonna die - 15 February 2012 02:48 PM

Ok, I’m not getting the BTF mails.  I got one email from bads so far.  Stupid yahoo.  email sledge underscore 96.

at yahoo?

Posted: 15 February 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1148 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 15 February 2012 06:11 PM
Smelly is so fluffy he’s gonna die - 15 February 2012 02:48 PM

Ok, I’m not getting the BTF mails.  I got one email from bads so far.  Stupid yahoo.

at yahoo?

Yeah. Currently I’ve heard from Bads and Accent Shallow.

Posted: 15 February 2012 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1149 ]

I drive in your mind, and hit your blindside.

Mommyeffers.

Posted: 16 February 2012 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1150 ]

Just to steal CW’s table format:  Your players:

Name     Total    Emailed
Bourbon    0        Y
Flounder   0        
-
HCO        0        -
Bads       0        Y
Accent     0        Y
Answer     0        
-
JGLB       0        Y 

And also stolen from CW, Your Rules:

1) All roles will be revealed upon death. If you don’t want people to know what you are, don’t die.

2) Once you are dead, you can not speak. If you want to keep talking, don’t die.

3) In order for a round to end, a majority of the remaining players must vote to kill someone.  “No kill” is not allowed; villagers MUST kill someone in order for the game to proceed to the night phase. Please phrase your vote as clearly as possible. 

4) Once the night phase begins, no talking until the day phase begins again.

5) During the night phase, the seer (if he is still alive) can learn whether or not one person is a villager or wolf. The wolves must agree upon one villager to kill and eat (unless one wolf has been killed, in which case the remaining wolf decides on his own.)

6) Werewolves are allowed to correspond privately with each other. All other players may directly contact me, but any other communication related to the game needs to happen in this forum (with the exception that you can post in the Lounge to remind someone to check this thread).

7) Everything I say will be truthful. The rest of you are allowed to lie like dogs. The only thing you may not do is directly quote private correspondence from myself about the game.

8) Once a post has been made, it should not be edited. Make a second post clarifying or correcting anything, if you need to.

9) Victory for the wolves is when no villagers remain. Victory for the villagers is when no wolves remain.

10) The 10 o’clock thing.  If it hits 10, and you haven’t voted, you vote for yourself.

11) Once the deciding vote has been cast, there are no vote changes.

46 of 56