Members: Login | Register | Feedback

6 of 56
Lycanthropy Think Factory 2012
Posted: 27 January 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 03:47 PM
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 01:56 PM

So since you claim to be human and I claim to be human, should we then put JLAC at the top of the list? Or once JLAC posts that he’s human (and I expect that he will), should we then conclude that there are no wolves and the seer is wasting his time looking at anyone at all?

Everyone claims to be human.

Yes, which is why I expected that.

Signature 

You don’t give up.  You should, but you don’t.

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 02:07 PM

So then why didn’t you exclude yourself in the first place, instead of putting yourself last?

That’s rather specious reasoning.

Signature 

Brett Lawrie ‏ @blawrie13
Wow do it @2Morrow23 that was some sickkkk stuff tonight maaa dudeeee , great game all around by the boyssss , @jparencibia9 swing it budd!!

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
JGLB Will Soon Be A Sad Old Man - 27 January 2012 03:41 PM
scotto - 27 January 2012 03:31 PM

Stepping out of my role for a moment, WTF is all this chatter about a Google document?

Last time we played I created and maintained a vote tracker.

Now I have undertaken that repsonsibility.

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 27 January 2012 03:44 PM
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 03:30 PM
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 27 January 2012 03:26 PM
JGLB Will Soon Be A Sad Old Man - 27 January 2012 03:22 PM

So does anyone feel like casting a vote then?

I am still highly suspicious of Scotto. Or posibly one of these two people who haven’t been seen today. Very suspicious.

By design we should be suspicious of everyone. Aside from JGLB’s weird idea to “help” the seer, though, nobody’s DONE anything.

And while I (obviously) disagreed with him, I would say he was trying to help.  It makes me not want to vote him today.

So… bag of dice, then?

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]

Here’s a question - would everyone agree to vote for whoever was implicated by a randomly-generated number of some sort, including if the random number implicates themselves?

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 03:50 PM

I am still highly suspicious of Scotto. Or posibly one of these two people who haven’t been seen today. Very suspicious.

By design we should be suspicious of everyone. Aside from JGLB’s weird idea to “help” the seer, though, nobody’s DONE anything.

And while I (obviously) disagreed with him, I would say he was trying to help.  It makes me not want to vote him today.

So… bag of dice, then?

Am I to assume it’s an crystal caste obsidian 8 sider?

Signature 

Drink Along With Me! JugLub’s Semi-Whenever-He-Feels-Like It Beer Rating Thread

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
JGLB Will Soon Be A Sad Old Man - 27 January 2012 03:53 PM

So… bag of dice, then?

Chessex, a variety of colors available.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 03:52 PM

Here’s a question - would everyone agree to vote for whoever was implicated by a randomly-generated number of some sort, including if the random number implicates themselves?

Why even play the first day then?

Signature 

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]

Absolutely not. If you want to do so, that’s fine, but I’d prefer to vote through reasoning (snicker) or guesswork and hunches.

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]

Now I am suspicious that CW is trying to get us to avoid discussion and use his magic death dice, probably so he can control the process. Very werewolf like.

Signature 

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]

CW - why random? Is your thinking this: since the first levelling of suspicion can only help the werewolves (as they know who is human, but humans do not) you need to get the ball rolling into meta-discussion as soon as possible?

Signature 

Wow do it @2Morrow23 that was some sickkkk stuff tonight maaa dudeeee , great game all around by the boyssss , @jparencibia9 swing it budd!!

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 03:54 PM
JGLB Will Soon Be A Sad Old Man - 27 January 2012 03:53 PM

So… bag of dice, then?

Chessex, a variety of colors available.

The indignity of being marked for death with a cheap plastic die…

Signature 

Drink Along With Me! JugLub’s Semi-Whenever-He-Feels-Like It Beer Rating Thread

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 27 January 2012 03:55 PM

Now I am suspicious that CW is trying to get us to avoid discussion and use his magic death dice, probably so he can control the process. Very werewolf like.

I was going to ask HCO to provide the random number, actually. I wouldn’t expect anyone to trust that I would provide a truly random number.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 03:56 PM

CW - why random? Is your thinking this: since the first levelling of suspicion can only help the werewolves (as they know who is human, but humans do not) you need to get the ball rolling into meta-discussion as soon as possible?

Because if you can get EVERYONE to agree to the process in advance, it’s the one good shot you have at making a werewolf vote for a werewolf (either himself or his partner).

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]

One guy “rolling dice” is no good, by the way. Again, that can only help werewolves. You need a double-blind. One person posts a list of nine, and a second posts a random number between one and nine. The “last edit” time stamps are checked to ensure no collaboration. We can do this on Google Docs.  If you guys really want to take a shot in the dark - and I don’t generally favor such except as a last resort - that’s what is best for the humans.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 03:59 PM
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 03:56 PM

Because if you can get EVERYONE to agree to the process in advance, it’s the one good shot you have at making a werewolf vote for a werewolf (either himself or his partner).

You almost tempt me to agree to the process. Let’s leave it as a last resort. A brave human will come forward and say something rash to get us running.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]

No.

As I mentioned, right now I think there is a below average chance that JGLB is a wolf.  In my mind, it does the village a disservice to throw him in with everyone else.

Plus, there are practical issues:  Who would run the generator?  Do you really trust them to be honest?

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]

Wait, doing something on GDocs is probably collaboration outside the Werewolf Room. I doubt this is actually allowed.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]

And I was soundly beaten to the punch.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]

Sorry for not checking in earlier—busy day.  I am a human.  I have just read the whole thread, which is interesting.  It probably leaves a different impression than reading it in real time.  Of the talkers, CW seemed to be not a werewolf and JGLB seemed to be a werewolf —this is mostly based on hte fact that CW is rgith that JGLB’s plan is bad for the humans and the assumption that JGLB is not dumb.

In another vein, I think the werewolves tend not to and ought not to talk much during the first day, so I am suspicious of those who have remained silent, except me, who was just busy.

I am now going to be offline until about 530pm and then off line until about 830 pm.  Hopefully, I can contribute more.  Obviously, our main goal today is not to kill the seer.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 04:01 PM

Wait, doing something on GDocs is probably collaboration outside the Werewolf Room. I doubt this is actually allowed.

I think one person doing something on google docs and then copy/pasting into this thread would be ok?

If not, I won’t post any more of my votecounter.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]

Come on brain. There has to be a way for us to roll a random number generator in the Werewolf Room.

Post number? The last numeral of some random post ID number? (Visible in the URL when you hover over the “#143” permalink). Maybe the first one that has another at the same time, after some specified time of day?

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 04:04 PM

Come on brain. There has to be a way for us to roll a random number generator in the Werewolf Room.

Post number? The last numeral of some random post ID number? (Visible in the URL when you hover over the “#143” permalink). Maybe the first one that has another at the same time, after some specified time of day?

Like I said, my plan was to ask HCO for a random number between 1 and 9.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 27 January 2012 04:04 PM
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 04:01 PM

I think one person doing something on google docs and then copy/pasting into this thread would be ok?

If not, I won’t post any more of my votecounter.

That would be fine. What’s not fine, I think, is us using anything outside these facilities to communicate with each other. Except the werewolves.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Accent Shallow - 27 January 2012 03:55 PM

Absolutely not. If you want to do so, that’s fine, but I’d prefer to vote through reasoning (snicker) or guesswork and hunches.

Also, I couldn’t agree more.  I would think this game is more fun if you are doing more than flipping coins.

6 of 56