Members: Login | Register | Feedback

7 of 56
Lycanthropy Think Factory 2012
Posted: 27 January 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:05 PM
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 04:04 PM

Come on brain. There has to be a way for us to roll a random number generator in the Werewolf Room.

Post number? The last numeral of some random post ID number? (Visible in the URL when you hover over the “#143” permalink). Maybe the first one that has another at the same time, after some specified time of day?

Like I said, my plan was to ask HCO for a random number between 1 and 9.

That doesn’t accomplish anything without a pre-agreed list of people. Which is tantamount to asking HCO to nominate someone. I don’t like the idea. God does not play dice with the universe. I play dice in the back room of the pub.

Signature 

Brett Lawrie ‏ @blawrie13
Wow do it @2Morrow23 that was some sickkkk stuff tonight maaa dudeeee , great game all around by the boyssss , @jparencibia9 swing it budd!!

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 03:41 PM
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 03:14 PM

So far we’ve heard from everyone ‘cept Darren and JLAC, yes?

I’m here. As usual, in the cool light of the first daytime of a werewolf panic, I have no ideas. Let me read and ruminate. CW is a werewolf.

Panic? We have an insane goat herder making noise about his dead goat. Everyone else seems resigned to their fate. Screw that noise. There are werewolves amongst us! Those who pray at the altar of the Radom Die Generator will get what is coming to them. I say light the torches, assemble the mob, and make the werewolves talk. After all, loose lips sink ships, and the ego of werewolves eventually allow the their true identity to slip from their jowls. I say we light the Goat Herder’s thatch on fire and get him talking about more than his deceased herd!

Signature 

But it was not always thus - remember?
Once you worshipped me and named me a god
In many tongues and made offering lest I exact too terrible a tribute

Dead Religions

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 27 January 2012 04:07 PM
Accent Shallow - 27 January 2012 03:55 PM
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 03:52 PM

Here’s a question - would everyone agree to vote for whoever was implicated by a randomly-generated number of some sort, including if the random number implicates themselves?

Absolutely not. If you want to do so, that’s fine, but I’d prefer to vote through reasoning (snicker) or guesswork and hunches.

Also, I couldn’t agree more.  I would think this game is more fun if you are doing more than flipping coins.

It is, but believe me, it’s almost all semaphore until someone accuses someone.

Signature 

Wow do it @2Morrow23 that was some sickkkk stuff tonight maaa dudeeee , great game all around by the boyssss , @jparencibia9 swing it budd!!

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 03:58 PM
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 27 January 2012 03:55 PM

Now I am suspicious that CW is trying to get us to avoid discussion and use his magic death dice, probably so he can control the process. Very werewolf like.

I was going to ask HCO to provide the random number, actually. I wouldn’t expect anyone to trust that I would provide a truly random number.

I guess I can do that if you want one. I have a site I use when I pick the werewolves and seers. But I will not kill someone based on that - you will still need to vote. And if people promise to vote one way and then don’t, that’s legal - I am not a contract enforcer.

To answer a question I received over email, the werewolves DO know about each other.

Signature 

who the hell wanna battle the ill mathematical
my ############ brain is IBM-compatible

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
bads85 - 27 January 2012 04:09 PM

I’m here. As usual, in the cool light of the first daytime of a werewolf panic, I have no ideas. Let me read and ruminate. CW is a werewolf.

Panic? We have an insane goat herder making noise about his dead goat. Everyone else seems resigned to their fate. Screw that noise. There are werewolves amongst us! Those who pray at the altar of the Radom Die Generator will get what is coming to them. I say light the torches, assemble the mob, and make the werewolves talk. After all, loose lips sink ships, and the ego of werewolves eventually allow the their true identity to slip from their jowls. I say we light the Goat Herder’s thatch on fire and get him talking about more than his deceased herd!

Playing the part of Teal & Black Tie today is bads85.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
Daryn - 27 January 2012 04:02 PM

Sorry for not checking in earlier—busy day.  I am a human.  I have just read the whole thread, which is interesting.  It probably leaves a different impression than reading it in real time.  Of the talkers, CW seemed to be not a werewolf and JGLB seemed to be a werewolf —this is mostly based on hte fact that CW is rgith that JGLB’s plan is bad for the humans and the assumption that JGLB is not dumb.

In another vein, I think the werewolves tend not to and ought not to talk much during the first day, so I am suspicious of those who have remained silent, except me, who was just busy.

I am now going to be offline until about 530pm and then off line until about 830 pm.  Hopefully, I can contribute more.  Obviously, our main goal today is not to kill the seer.

Thank you for assuming I’m not dumb, but I fully believe that silence only benefits the wolves, and that by focing the wolves to opining on things is the best way to catch any deceit on their part. I also believe that my stratagem does not reveal the seer, nor give wolves more information than they would already have.

Signature 

Drink Along With Me! JugLub’s Semi-Whenever-He-Feels-Like It Beer Rating Thread

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 27 January 2012 04:09 PM

Now I am suspicious that CW is trying to get us to avoid discussion and use his magic death dice, probably so he can control the process. Very werewolf like.

I was going to ask HCO to provide the random number, actually. I wouldn’t expect anyone to trust that I would provide a truly random number.

I guess I can do that if you want one. I have a site I use when I pick the werewolves and seers. But I will not kill someone based on that - you will still need to vote. And if people promise to vote one way and then don’t, that’s legal - I am not a contract enforcer.

To answer a question I received over email, the werewolves DO know about each other.

That’s fine - someone breaking a promise of that sort could be dealt with readily in the next day’s voting, I should think, unless it can be explained well.

Signature 

You don’t give up.  You should, but you don’t.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]

Guys, also, do feel free to ask questions in here.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]

You stay away from my house, school teacher! Don’t pretend I haven’t seen you paying a visit to my old Nanny Goat when the nights get cold and you’ve have had too many vodkas!

Signature 

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 04:07 PM

Come on brain. There has to be a way for us to roll a random number generator in the Werewolf Room.

Post number? The last numeral of some random post ID number? (Visible in the URL when you hover over the “#143” permalink). Maybe the first one that has another at the same time, after some specified time of day?

That doesn’t accomplish anything without a pre-agreed list of people. Which is tantamount to asking HCO to nominate someone. I don’t like the idea. God does not play dice with the universe. I play dice in the back room of the pub.

Okay, so what do we have?

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:12 PM
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 04:07 PM

Okay, so what do we have?

Shhh, dear. Let mama think.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 04:10 PM

At least he seems to be enjoying himself.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 04:01 PM

Wait, doing something on GDocs is probably collaboration outside the Werewolf Room. I doubt this is actually allowed.

I have mixed feelings on offline collaboration. On the one hand, I support it because in a real witch hunt I can take you aside and say “listen man, I think CW is a werewolf”. And I encourage the werewolves to email each other and plot. On the other hand, I worry that it will lead to out of character talk like “here’s the email HCO sent me saying I’m a human,  know I am not technically savvy enough to fake something like this” which ruins the spirit of the game.

So I guess you can talk offline if you want, but you’re honor-bound to respect the role you’re playing. And, at the end of the game, you’re required to tell us what went on in the background just for our postmortem analysis.

Signature 

who the hell wanna battle the ill mathematical
my ############ brain is IBM-compatible

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
JGLB Will Soon Be A Sad Old Man - 27 January 2012 04:10 PM
Daryn - 27 January 2012 04:02 PM

Sorry for not checking in earlier—busy day.  I am a human.  I have just read the whole thread, which is interesting.  It probably leaves a different impression than reading it in real time.  Of the talkers, CW seemed to be not a werewolf and JGLB seemed to be a werewolf —this is mostly based on hte fact that CW is rgith that JGLB’s plan is bad for the humans and the assumption that JGLB is not dumb.

In another vein, I think the werewolves tend not to and ought not to talk much during the first day, so I am suspicious of those who have remained silent, except me, who was just busy.

I am now going to be offline until about 530pm and then off line until about 830 pm.  Hopefully, I can contribute more.  Obviously, our main goal today is not to kill the seer.

Thank you for assuming I’m not dumb, but I fully believe that silence only benefits the wolves, and that by focing the wolves to opining on things is the best way to catch any deceit on their part. I also believe that my stratagem does not reveal the seer, nor give wolves more information than they would already have.

I love this game.

I hear what you’re saying. I agree that time is on the side of the werewolves - it always is, until one of them falls under genuine suspicion. But “time” in Werewolf is a funny thing. Until you’re up against the deadline, time doesn’t really pass.  We’re still in the phony war. I’m giving it time.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:11 PM

That’s fine - someone breaking a promise of that sort could be dealt with readily in the next day’s voting, I should think, unless it can be explained well.

Imo, you can shelve this idea.  At least 2 people have said no, and that is pretty close to the breaking point, I would think.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 27 January 2012 04:16 PM

Wait, doing something on GDocs is probably collaboration outside the Werewolf Room. I doubt this is actually allowed.

I have mixed feelings on offline collaboration. On the one hand, I support it because in a real witch hunt I can take you aside and say “listen man, I think CW is a werewolf”. And I encourage the werewolves to email each other and plot. On the other hand, I worry that it will lead to out of character talk like “here’s the email HCO sent me saying I’m a human,  know I am not technically savvy enough to fake something like this” which ruins the spirit of the game.

So I guess you can talk offline if you want, but you’re honor-bound to respect the role you’re playing. And, at the end of the game, you’re required to tell us what went on in the background just for our postmortem analysis.

Hmm. If you say so. I’d encourage the other humans not to do this too much, because it plays into the werewolves’ hands. Offline consultation with me will be charged at my standard hourly rate.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]

Your calmness during this time when we should all be irrational is duly noted.

Signature 

Dead Religions

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 27 January 2012 04:11 PM

You stay away from my house, school teacher! Don’t pretend I haven’t seen you paying a visit to my old Nanny Goat when the nights get cold and you’ve have had too many vodkas!

Bourbon, if you had to make a for-serious vote right now, who would it be?

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]

Leaving to go home and make dinner. I won’t be checking in again for a few hours.

Signature 

Drink Along With Me! JugLub’s Semi-Whenever-He-Feels-Like It Beer Rating Thread

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 27 January 2012 04:18 PM
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:11 PM

Imo, you can shelve this idea.  At least 2 people have said no, and that is pretty close to the breaking point, I would think.

I get that so far I haven’t persuaded anything close to a majority of people to do this. But so long as you get five people to agree to it, it works. And two people (the wolves) have great incentive to say no to this, as it deprives them of their ability to vote tactically.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 27 January 2012 04:19 PM
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 27 January 2012 04:11 PM

Bourbon, if you had to make a for-serious vote right now, who would it be?

If I had to vote now? I’m sticking with my angry accusations of Scotto until someone gives me a good thing to rally around. But I am hysterical goat farmer, I could be easily swayed.

Signature 

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
bads85 - 27 January 2012 04:18 PM

Your calmness during this time when we should all be irrationale is duly noted.

OK; like I said before, it’s all babble until someone’s finger is pointed at someone else. You’re all perfectly capable of judging what is helpful and what is not, and what is good human reasoning and what is ravening, rabid lycanthropy. I am trying to help. As I said above, I don’t really expect to survive long; chances are that someone who knows how I like to work is a werewolf.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:16 PM

Yeah, normally I play games so I don’t enjoy myself. Here I have been doing it wrong for all these years.

Signature 

Dead Religions

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 27 January 2012 04:16 PM

I pretty emphatically disagree with out of thread communication (excpeting the wolves, of course).

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]
bads85 - 27 January 2012 04:23 PM
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:16 PM

Yeah, normally I play games so I don’t enjoy myself. Here I have been doing it wrong for all these years.

Actually, I don’t think you’re behaving much like Teal & Black, whose tomfoolery had an actual impact on the voting process.

Signature 

7 of 56