Lycanthropy Think Factory 2012
Posted: 27 January 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]
bads85 - 27 January 2012 04:23 PM
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:16 PM
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 04:10 PM
bads85 - 27 January 2012 04:09 PM
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 03:41 PM
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 03:14 PM

So far we’ve heard from everyone ‘cept Darren and JLAC, yes?

I’m here. As usual, in the cool light of the first daytime of a werewolf panic, I have no ideas. Let me read and ruminate. CW is a werewolf.

Panic? We have an insane goat herder making noise about his dead goat. Everyone else seems resigned to their fate. Screw that noise. There are werewolves amongst us! Those who pray at the altar of the Radom Die Generator will get what is coming to them. I say light the torches, assemble the mob, and make the werewolves talk. After all, loose lips sink ships, and the ego of werewolves eventually allow the their true identity to slip from their jowls. I say we light the Goat Herder’s thatch on fire and get him talking about more than his deceased herd!

Playing the part of Teal & Black Tie today is bads85.

At least he seems to be enjoying himself.

Yeah, normally I play games so I don’t enjoy myself. Here I have been doing it wrong for all these years.

Looks Bads, we’re both irrational, screaming loons. Let’s have a drink here and pick someone to accuse. Just stay away from my goats and all is forgiven.

Signature 

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 27 January 2012 04:23 PM
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 27 January 2012 04:16 PM
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 04:01 PM

Wait, doing something on GDocs is probably collaboration outside the Werewolf Room. I doubt this is actually allowed.

I have mixed feelings on offline collaboration. On the one hand, I support it because in a real witch hunt I can take you aside and say “listen man, I think CW is a werewolf”. And I encourage the werewolves to email each other and plot. On the other hand, I worry that it will lead to out of character talk like “here’s the email HCO sent me saying I’m a human,  know I am not technically savvy enough to fake something like this” which ruins the spirit of the game.

So I guess you can talk offline if you want, but you’re honor-bound to respect the role you’re playing. And, at the end of the game, you’re required to tell us what went on in the background just for our postmortem analysis.

I pretty emphatically disagree with out of thread communication (excpeting the wolves, of course).

Actually, when I said “pretty”  I meant “very”.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]
JGLB Will Soon Be A Sad Old Man - 27 January 2012 04:20 PM

Leaving to go home and make dinner. I won’t be checking in again for a few hours.

Human flesh takes a few hours to cook, I hear.

Signature 

who the hell wanna battle the ill mathematical
my ############ brain is IBM-compatible

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]
J. Lowenstein Apathy Club - 27 January 2012 04:22 PM
bads85 - 27 January 2012 04:18 PM

I’m here. As usual, in the cool light of the first daytime of a werewolf panic, I have no ideas. Let me read and ruminate. CW is a werewolf.

Panic? We have an insane goat herder making noise about his dead goat. Everyone else seems resigned to their fate. Screw that noise. There are werewolves amongst us! Those who pray at the altar of the Radom Die Generator will get what is coming to them. I say light the torches, assemble the mob, and make the werewolves talk. After all, loose lips sink ships, and the ego of werewolves eventually allow the their true identity to slip from their jowls. I say we light the Goat Herder’s thatch on fire and get him talking about more than his deceased herd!

Your calmness during this time when we should all be irrationale is duly noted.

OK; like I said before, it’s all babble until someone’s finger is pointed at someone else. You’re all perfectly capable of judging what is helpful and what is not, and what is good human reasoning and what is ravening, rabid lycanthropy. I am trying to help. As I said above, I don’t really expect to survive long; chances are that someone who knows how I like to work is a werewolf.

I don’t think I am capable of judging lycanthropy. I haven’t even seen any of the Twilight movies.

Signature 

But it was not always thus - remember?
Once you worshipped me and named me a god
In many tongues and made offering lest I exact too terrible a tribute

Dead Religions

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]

So what do we have so far? Daryn suspects JGLB because he thinks the seer lists are an attempt at lycanthropic subterfuge, JLAC suspects me because of Rule 4a, Bourbon suspects scotto because of… goats, I guess. Flounder doesn’t like either of my or JGLB’s ideas and thinks further discussion should be avoided. Anything else?

Signature 

You don’t give up.  You should, but you don’t.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:27 PM

So what do we have so far? Daryn suspects JGLB because he thinks the seer lists are an attempt at lycanthropic subterfuge, JLAC suspects me because of Rule 4a, Bourbon suspects scotto because of… goats, I guess. Flounder doesn’t like either of my or JGLB’s ideas and thinks further discussion should be avoided. Anything else?

I anti-suspect (shut up,its a word now) jglb.  I am not particularly thrilled with bourbon’s play.  His scotto thing is weird, and I don’t like how he was suspicious of the two people who hadn’t participated at that time.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 27 January 2012 04:25 PM

Yeah, normally I play games so I don’t enjoy myself. Here I have been doing it wrong for all these years.

Looks Bads, we’re both irrational, screaming loons. Let’s have a drink here and pick someone to accuse. Just stay away from my goats and all is forgiven.

Agreed, although I was never near your goats. I point the finger at JLAC. In the lounge, he is the hairtrigger who wants to slam a frozen ham up every phantom menace’s ass. Suddenly, in here, he is calmly resigned to dying quick. Fait Accompli, my ass. He’s a wolf!

Signature 

Dead Religions

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
bads85 - 27 January 2012 04:33 PM
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 27 January 2012 04:25 PM

Agreed, although I was never near your goats. I point the finger at JLAC. In the lounge, he is the hairtrigger who wants to slam a frozen ham up every phantom menace’s ass. Suddenly, in here, he is calmly resigned to dying quick. Fait Accompli, my ass. He’s a wolf!

Sounds good. JLAC! YOU OWE ME A GOAT!

And we’re going to set your house on fire!

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 27 January 2012 04:31 PM

I anti-suspect (shut up,its a word now) jglb.  I am not particularly thrilled with bourbon’s play.  His scotto thing is weird, and I don’t like how he was suspicious of the two people who hadn’t participated at that time.

I have come to only one conclusion about bourbon: he’s not very good at playing werewolf. Whether he’s not very good at being a human or a werewolf is my question.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:38 PM

I have come to only one conclusion about bourbon: he’s not very good at playing werewolf. Whether he’s not very good at being a human or a werewolf is my question.

Well, I believe he and I are both new to this. I would say neither one of us know what the hell we are doing. Are we supposed to be the silent, studious type? Because believe it or not, I got that club in my bag.

Signature 

Dead Religions

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
bads85 - 27 January 2012 04:48 PM

Well, I believe he and I are both new to this. I would say neither one of us know what the hell we are doing. Are we supposed to be the silent, studious type? Because believe it or not, I got that club in my bag.

Werewolf, boiled down to its essence:

* Silence is suspicious.

* Saying the wrong thing is suspicious.

* Saying the right thing is suspicious.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]

To be serious, when I have played this game the fun is to create characters and then kind of roll with them. So if people aren’t able to post for whatever real reason they have, we/they make up a reason and use that. There isn’t really anything else to go on on the first “day” anyway. I am anti-scotto as it seems to make sense that the character I decided to go with wouldn’t like the character he decided to go with.

But if that doesn’t seem fun to people, I will tone the goats down.

Mostly.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]

Are any of the past games worth reading for the entertainment factor?

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 27 January 2012 04:52 PM

I read through all of them yesterday. Some of them are great fun, but I was mostly reading to help me get a grip on strategy.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 27 January 2012 04:51 PM

To be serious, when I have played this game the fun is to create characters and then kind of roll with them. So if people aren’t able to post for whatever real reason they have, we/they make up a reason and use that. There isn’t really anything else to go on on the first “day” anyway. I am anti-scotto as it seems to make sense that the character I decided to go with wouldn’t like the character he decided to go with.

Mostly.

I, speaking only for myself, mind absolutely none of the goat-based jokes. But lemme ask you - are you prepared to vote on that basis?

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:54 PM

Mostly.

I, speaking only for myself, mind absolutely none of the goat-based jokes. But lemme ask you - are you prepared to vote on that basis?

I think I have made clear I am a panicked fanatic and will follow any strong lead. At the moment, Bads is pushing JLAC, that makes sense, so I’m on board that train.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 192 ]

Mostly.

No, I do not want to infringe on your fun.  Please don;t stop on account of me.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 193 ]
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:50 PM

* Silence is suspicious.

Right—everything, including being cryptic, is suspicious, but to different degrees depending on the players’ actions.

Signature 

Dead Religions

Posted: 27 January 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 194 ]

Mostly.

Don’t ever tone down the goats because then you wouldn’t be you.

Signature 

Dead Religions

Posted: 27 January 2012 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 195 ]
bads85 - 27 January 2012 04:58 PM
CW hits the pinata for the candy - 27 January 2012 04:50 PM

* Silence is suspicious.

Right—everything, including being cryptic, is suspicious, but to different degrees depending on the players’ actions.

But you’re right, everyone’s actions should be viewed in light of everyone’s experience. It’s just that experience isn’t correlated with lycanthropy - “Oh he’s a rookie and just playing badly” doesn’t mean he isn’t a werewolf (although it certainly doesn’t mean he IS).

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]
Flounder: Avowed enemy of inconvenience - 27 January 2012 04:52 PM

I’m biased but my personal favorite is the one beginning here and ending here, in which I sacrificed my fellow werewolf Answer Guy in order to take suspicion off myself and ended up turning TFTIO against JLAC in a three-man showdown.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 27 January 2012 04:56 PM

Mostly.

I think I have made clear I am a panicked fanatic and will follow any strong lead. At the moment, Bads is pushing JLAC, that makes sense, so I’m on board that train.

We might have been a bit hasty, my goat hearding friend. Upon reading through some of the old games, JLAC’s labeling me of Teal and Black was some sort of slam, perhaps to open old wonds to get old time players to immediately target me for a quick kill. That along with the uncharacteristic Cool Hand Luke schtick screams deflection, making him the obvious candidate with what we know now. However, that is just too obvious—Admiral Ackbar territory. I don’t know the rules of the game well enough —- would there be a scenario in which that type of trap that early in the game would behoove him?

Also, HCO’s link was to a game in which Teal and Black was prevalent. Perhaps he was prevalent in all the games; I don’t know. Is HCO an active player in this game or the moderator? Forgive my ignorance, I have never played before. His link to that particular game following JLAC’s slur could be interpreted as a message or signal to someone depending on his role in the game.

I just don’t know enough about the rules or the history of the gamers to make a concrete decsion, so I throw this out there now for discussion.

Signature 

Dead Religions

Posted: 27 January 2012 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
bads85 - 27 January 2012 05:53 PM
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 27 January 2012 04:56 PM

Mostly.

We might have been a bit hasty, my goat hearding friend. Upon reading through some of the old games, JLAC’s labeling me of Teal and Black was some sort of slam, perhaps to open old wonds to get old time players to immediately target me for a quick kill. That along with the uncharacteristic Cool Hand Luke schtick screams deflection, making him the obvious candidate with what we know now. However, that is just too obvious—Admiral Ackbar territory. I don’t know the rules of the game well enough —- would there be a scenario in which that type of trap that early in the game would behoove him?

Also, HCO’s link was to a game in which Teal and Black was prevalent. Perhaps he was prevalent in all the games; I don’t know. Is HCO an active player in this game or the moderator? Forgive my ignorance, I have never played before. His link to that particular game following JLAC’s slur could be interpreted as a message or signal to someone depending on his role in the game.

I just don’t know enough about the rules or the history of the gamers to make a concrete decsion, so I throw this out there now for discussion.

HCO is our moderator only I think.

We don’t have much to go on here, other than my suspicion that Scotto has killed my goats in his drunkenness and JLAC’s attempt to entrap you.

CW was quick to suggest random number decision making, that seems suspicious as well. But perhaps that is only because he has been unfairly targeted in the past.

WHAT TO DO! I came to this village for its anti-werewolf platform and now that is compromised! Assuming we survive, my goats and I are moving again.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]

There are nine villagers. I named them this morning.

Think of me as an Old Testament YHWH-like figure. I hang out, occasionally tell you what the rules are, and occasionally declare you dead for no good reason.

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 27 January 2012 06:02 PM

There are nine villagers. I named them this morning.

Think of me as an Old Testament YHWH-like figure. I hang out, occasionally tell you what the rules are, and occasionally declare you dead for no good reason.

Yeah, I get that. What I am asking, Mr. Old Testament Dude, is can you influence the events like Moses’s God could? Was the past game you linked some sort of Burning Bush, or are you 100% neutral?

Signature 

Dead Religions

8 of 56