Members: Login | Register | Feedback

12 of 56
Lycanthropy Think Factory 2012
Posted: 27 January 2012 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 276 ]

Eh, I guess you can talk. But the seer can only talk in character using his knowledge as of this morning.  Which is a really confusing way to role-play. Also, one of you is dead but doesn’t know it yet.

Signature 

who the hell wanna battle the ill mathematical - my ############ brain is IBM-compatible

Posted: 27 January 2012 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 277 ]
BourbonSamurai is not Fausto Carmona - 27 January 2012 11:15 PM

So, to be clear, for a vote to count, it has to be:

I vote to Kill Bob

with nothing else?

Yes, please. If you mess with that syntax, it might get counted and it might not.

Signature 

who the hell wanna battle the ill mathematical - my ############ brain is IBM-compatible

Posted: 27 January 2012 11:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 278 ]

Is the game restarting at 10 am regardless of when you hear from the werewolf and the seer?

Posted: 27 January 2012 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 279 ]
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 27 January 2012 11:19 PM

Eh, I guess you can talk. But the seer can only talk in character using his knowledge as of this morning.  Which is a really confusing way to role-play. Also, one of you is dead but doesn’t know it yet.

Presumably we are celebrating our victory in the village saloon.

I suppose one of us might be murdered by a werewolf after we pass out drunkenly in the night, but that seems very pessimistic.

Signature 

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.

Posted: 27 January 2012 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 280 ]
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 27 January 2012 11:19 PM

That’s maybe why we shouldn’t talk?

Signature 

Brett Lawrie ‏ @blawrie13
Wow do it @2Morrow23 that was some sickkkk stuff tonight maaa dudeeee , great game all around by the boyssss , @jparencibia9 swing it budd!!

Posted: 27 January 2012 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 281 ]

I’m not going to be around tomorrow until the evening as I have golf match (team play, baby!) in San Clemente. That in itself might be cause for a stoning, but I will check in before I leave. I am not going to use my cellphone to check in from the links; I asume that is against SCGA rules.

Signature 

Someday they are going to forget about us
And I wonder if we were ever good enough
It hit me last night in this song I heard
I remember the feeling but forget all the words.

Dead Religions

Posted: 27 January 2012 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 282 ]
Daryn - 27 January 2012 11:23 PM

Is the game restarting at 10 am regardless of when you hear from the werewolf and the seer?

Yes. Partly because I don’t want this game to be a full-time job, and partly because I don’t want people making deductions from my timing. “Oh, we resumed right after so-and-so came back to the Lounge and talked about what he did last night, so-and-so must be the seer.”

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 283 ]
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 27 January 2012 11:44 PM
Daryn - 27 January 2012 11:23 PM

Yes. Partly because I don’t want this game to be a full-time job, and partly because I don’t want people making deductions from my timing. “Oh, we resumed right after so-and-so came back to the Lounge and talked about what he did last night, so-and-so must be the seer.”

So you are saying bads is the seer.  Gotcha.

Posted: 27 January 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 284 ]
HCO, Transgressive Herbivore - 27 January 2012 10:50 PM

Here are the non-rescinded votes I see so far:

1. Flounder - Daryn in 220
2. Daryn - Scotto in 234
3. CW - Scotto in 242
4. Scotto - hanging chad for Daryn in 225
5. Bourbon - hanging chad for Daryn in 219
6. Accent - Scotto in 236
7. bads - JLAC in 223
8. JGLB - hanging chad for Accent in 218
9. JLAC - CW in 243

My vote is still with Daryn.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 27 January 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 285 ]

Too late, oh well.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 28 January 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 286 ]

Good morning, villagers!

Any positive feelings generated by yesterday’s successful lynching evaporate when you wake up to find JGLB viciously murdered by a werewolf. Using your postmortem clairvoyance you determine that he was not the seer. So the seer is still alive, and he learned the truth about another player during the night.

There are seven villagers left. One of them is a werewolf.

Flounder
Daryn
CW
Bourbon
Accent
bads
JLAC

One must die today. You need four votes to kill him. The polls are open.

Please try to get four unambiguous votes for the same person.

Signature 

Posted: 28 January 2012 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 287 ]

Good morning, JGLB, I have brought you some goat milk and… oh dear

[looks around, sees no one watching, takes JGLBs wallet]

HELP! EVERYONE! ANOTHER TERRIBLE WEREWOLF MURDER!

Signature 

Posted: 28 January 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 288 ]

Your death will be avenged juglub.  You have my word on it.

Posted: 28 January 2012 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 289 ]

Unless daryn and scotto were playing very tricky yesterday, I think daryn almost has to be a regular human.  scotto put the fourth vote on daryn (1 away from majority) and daryn was the first one to vote scotto.  With only 2 wolves, I am guessing that they wouldn’t want to sacrifice the other.  Opinions?

Accent and CW also look pretty good for their scotto votes.  Bads had a chance to put the fourth vote on daryn, and voted someone else.  That makes bads look pretty decent. 

That leaves JLAC, Bourbon and myself.  I am a human, and bourbon has convinced me he is just playing his role.

That means I think JLAC is the one with JGLB’s blood on his paws.

Posted: 28 January 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 290 ]

It seems to me that the most likely villagers are those who voted for scotto:  me, CW, Accent and (at least for a moment) JLAC.  As JLAC points out, his rescission of his vote for scotto was werewolfy, but not too much so, in my mind.

Boirbon is the most obvious choice for werewolf and his post above does not disabuse me of that thought.  I do try and remember that Bourbon may actually just be acting (as he is an actor) as opposed to being a terribly obvious werewolf. 

I have a message for the seer.  I wouldn’t out yourself this round unless you saw the werewolf.  We have the numbers.  We actually have three shots at guessing this.  I would hope by tomorrow you have seen bourbon and one of bads or flounder.  That should be enough for us to win.

I have no strong sense about Flounder or bads, though bads has not done anything werewolfy yet, so either he is human or a good werewolf.

Posted: 28 January 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 291 ]

There is the weird thing about jlac’s vote (if he is the wolf).  He took his vote off scotto (bad) but didn’t vote daryn.  He voted cw, which isn’t really waht you would expect if he were trying to save scotto.

Posted: 28 January 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 292 ]

I like Flounder’s reasoning above.  It really seems like one of the three he identifies must be the werewolf: Flounder, bourbon or JLAC.  I still favour bourbon and would put jlac 3rd.

Another point, if a seer comes out this round and says they saw the werewolf, there is almost no reason to disbelieve them.  If they are lying then we kill them tomorrow.

Flounder’s post could also be an oblique tell that he is the seer and saw bourbon.  It is not clear to me why he is convinced bourbon is acting otherwise.  Strategically, it doesn’t make sense to act like a werewolf.  Bourbon is balck and tealing it a bit it seems.

Posted: 28 January 2012 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 293 ]
Daryn - 28 January 2012 10:45 AM

I like Flounder’s reasoning above.  It really seems like one of the three he identifies must be the werewolf: Flounder, bourbon or JLAC.  I still favour bourbon and would put jlac 3rd.

Another point, if a seer comes out this round and says they saw the werewolf, there is almost no reason to disbelieve them.  If they are lying then we kill them tomorrow.

Flounder’s post could also be an oblique tell that he is the seer and saw bourbon.  It is not clear to me why he is convinced bourbon is acting otherwise.  Strategically, it doesn’t make sense to act like a werewolf.  Bourbon is balck and tealing it a bit it seems.

If someone claims seer, even with no wolf peeks, we have to believe him.  A wolf claiming seer would be signing his own death warrant.  The real seer would then claim, and we get the wolf in one of the next 2 days.

Posted: 28 January 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 294 ]

Can anyone figure out why the werewolf killed Jglb?  Just random, I guess, he had nothing to go on.

I was expecting me or CW to be dead - the two most vocal scotto killers.  Interestingly, jglb voted for accent.  But it almost seems too transparent for accent to kill him back.  Maybe the werewolf was trying to cast doubt on accent’s human-ness. 

Posted: 28 January 2012 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 295 ]
Daryn - 28 January 2012 10:51 AM

Can anyone figure out why the werewolf killed Jglb?  Just random, I guess, he had nothing to go on.

I was expecting me or CW to be dead - the two most vocal scotto killers.  Interestingly, jglb voted for accent.  But it almost seems too transparent for accent to kill him back.  Maybe the werewolf was trying to cast doubt on accent’s human-ness.

Yeah I was thinking about this too. 

Was CW at the top of JGLB’s “we should peek this guy” list? 

I can actually imagine a world with CW as the last wolf.  (I actuall thought the wolves might kill him last night, also).

Posted: 28 January 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 296 ]

HCO, can you confirm that the werewolves knew who each other were going into the first day?

Posted: 28 January 2012 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 297 ]
Daryn - 28 January 2012 10:59 AM

HCO, can you confirm that the werewolves knew who each other were going into the first day?

pretty sure he posted somewhere that they did know.

Posted: 28 January 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 298 ]
Daryn - 28 January 2012 10:45 AM

This is why I wanted to set your house on fire. I am a simple human goat farmer!

Signature 

Posted: 28 January 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 299 ]

I just read HCO’s post above more carefully.  It appears that the seer has seen two people.  Interesting.

Posted: 28 January 2012 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 300 ]

I remained convinced JLAC is the werewolf. He did not even deny any of my allegations yesterday, as if they would be dismissed as the rambling of a newbie lunatic.

Signature 

Someday they are going to forget about us
And I wonder if we were ever good enough
It hit me last night in this song I heard
I remember the feeling but forget all the words.

Dead Religions

12 of 56