I’ll run it. Anyone interested in playing should BTFmail me directly. I’ll be running a modified HCO ruleset (see below for original rules).
1. Daytime goes from 10 AM Eastern to 10 PM Eastern. Night time is the opposite. You must be able to check in at least once every day AND every night, seven days a week. If you do not answer my emails during these times, you will cause a delay of the game and annoy some already-bloodthirsty villagers.
2. Play for your team to win. Do not engage in suicidal behavior even if you think it’s funny.
3. Do not get too cute about strategy. People get angry if they think you are hurting the team. Please do not make people angry. If you have a brilliantly counter-intuitive strategy you need to be able to explain it well.
4. Do not attempt to speculate about my motivations for making one person or another a werewolf. I swear to you that I am using a random number generator.
4a. CW is a werewolf.
5. Do not attempt to speculate about factors outside the game. I do not want to see anything like “JGLB’s user profile says he hasn’t been on the site since last night, so he couldn’t have been part of the werewolf vote”. I will obfuscate the timing of my announcements to prevent this logic from working anyway.
6. YOUR VOTE WILL NOT BE COUNTED if it is not in the form of “I vote to kill [name].” or “I retract my vote to kill [name].” I am not going to count hanging chads, nor delay the voting while I wait for clarification. You could hurt your team this way, which violates rule 2, so do it right. “I have to go with CW” is not a vote. “I’m thinking CW” is not a vote. “CW.” is not a vote. If I’m feeling charitable I will point out hanging chads and suggest that you amend them. But I might not be feeling charitable once the murders start.
The modifications are as follows;
1. A failure to register a vote by 10 PM EST will be considered as a vote to kill yourself.