Members: Login | Register | Feedback

1 2 > 
1 of 2
Posted: 12 March 2012 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]

Jim, avatars in the forum just turned on again.  It happened to most, if not all, of the forum regulars.

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 13 March 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator

Paul, is this still happening to you? I have tried to replicate the problem with a few site accounts in different browsers, but I don’t have the problem. You say that others are reporting the same problem. You see their complaints but I don’t, so please suggest they post within this thread so I can try to find some commonality to try to fix the problem.

Posted: 14 March 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

It has happened to me at least twice over the past few weeks, most recently this past Monday.  rLr noted it in the Lounge when it happened.

Here’s another instance.  Here too.

Posted: 14 March 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

It has happened to me several times since the tinkering began. The most recent was a couple days ago.

Posted: 14 March 2012 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator

I don’t doubt that it is happening. To troubleshoot something that appears to be happening randomly, however, I need as much information as possible to figure out the cause. It would be very helpful to me if people would post more information right *in this thread* right after it occurs. Let me know the time, whether you’ve recently updated your profile, and/or any action that you completed right before you noticed the problem.

Posted: 14 March 2012 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

I have had avatars pop up twice after shutoff in the last week, and more frequently before that.

Signature 

Brett Lawrie ‏ @blawrie13
Wow do it @2Morrow23 that was some sickkkk stuff tonight maaa dudeeee , great game all around by the boyssss , @jparencibia9 swing it budd!!

Posted: 16 March 2012 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator

I can’t emphasize enough that if this is still happening, I need more information to troubleshoot the problem and fix it. Please provide the *exact* time you notice the avatars and any preceding action on your part, particularly anything involving your profile.

Posted: 20 March 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

This happened today at approx 8:49 AM ET. This occurred immediately after posting to the forums. I had not accessed my account or profile today.

Signature 

Drink Along With Me! JugLub’s Semi-Whenever-He-Feels-Like It Beer Rating Thread

Posted: 20 March 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
JGLB, Future King of a Future State - 20 March 2012 09:02 AM

This happened today at approx 8:49 AM ET. This occurred immediately after posting to the forums. I had not accessed my account or profile today.

I just noticed the same thing. It’s 0938 EDT right now, and this is the first time I’ve gone to the forums today.

Posted: 20 March 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

Yep.  My avatars turned back on today as well.  First time to the forums today, and avatars are back.

Signature 

Everybody’s doing it…

My retirement plan

Posted: 20 March 2012 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

Yep. Me too. Not the first time I went to the forums. They appeared after a post.

Posted: 20 March 2012 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

Avatars were back when I logged on at about 9 AM Central time.

Signature 

She’s no DCW3, but my daughter has published her first book.
This quirky autobiography provides “instructions” for how to navigate the school year of a freshman student at Northwestern. It chronicles her experiences and thoughts through her triumphs, failures, and mundane days turned adventures by sarcasm, wit, and fantasy

Posted: 20 March 2012 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

Avatars & signatures showed up again for me as well.

Signature 

I don’t know Jaffe from a hole in the wall; he’s not a friend of mine or something .  .  .  He does really good research. .  .  .  and I learned a great deal from reading his book. —Bill James

“Way back in the 20th century, Bill James wrote the first essential book about baseball managers. Chris Jaffe has just written the second.”—Rob Neyer

Posted: 20 March 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]

ME too.

Signature 

Brett Lawrie ‏ @blawrie13
Wow do it @2Morrow23 that was some sickkkk stuff tonight maaa dudeeee , great game all around by the boyssss , @jparencibia9 swing it budd!!

Posted: 20 March 2012 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

I had used Google Chrome to read the lounge very early this morning, with my last post at 2:15 am and some brief reloads afterwards.  Later this morning (9:35 ET) I opened the same lounge page on Safari on my iPod and found avatars/sigs turned on.  I had not checked my profile at all in previous days.

Posted: 20 March 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]

It happened to me too.  Didn’t pay attention to the details of it though.  But I just turned them off again, using chrome on my laptop.  Will report back with details if when they turn back on.

1 2 > 
1 of 2