Members: Login | Register | Feedback

< 1 2
2 of 2
Posted: 20 March 2012 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]

Also, it always forces me to sign back in.  It happens the most when moving between wi-fi hot spots.  Even if the networks themselves have the same name.  I.e. I load the lounge using a xfinitywifi hotspot at trainstation one.  Then I lose the signal, pull into trainstation 2, connect to another xfinitywifi hotspot.  Then try to reload the forum page, and it forces me to sign in again.  Doesn’t matter if I select the option to automatically sign me in or not.

This happens at work when I move between floors in my building as well.  Presumably switching network connections in the process.

Posted: 21 March 2012 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]

Avatars came back for me today, too. I have been traveling, so lots of different logins and connections, if that matters.

Posted: 22 March 2012 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator

Smelly, what device are you using?

Thanks for the info. I still haven’t figured it out. I haven’t been working on the membership area of the site so I’m starting to think it might be related to the way cookies are handled. I haven’t really delved into this part of the EE code so I need some time to take at look at how they do things. I’m also going to start taking snapshots of the member table so I can do a direct comparison when I get reports again.

I realize this is frustrating when it happens. Rest assured I am looking into the problem and will find a fix.

Posted: 23 March 2012 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Jim Furtado - 22 March 2012 07:39 PM

Smelly, what device are you using?

Thanks for the info. I still haven’t figured it out. I haven’t been working on the membership area of the site so I’m starting to think it might be related to the way cookies are handled. I haven’t really delved into this part of the EE code so I need some time to take at look at how they do things. I’m also going to start taking snapshots of the member table so I can do a direct comparison when I get reports again.

I realize this is frustrating when it happens. Rest assured I am looking into the problem and will find a fix.

When mobile, I’m using an iPad (the first one, if that matters), but only connecting via wifi.

< 1 2
2 of 2