Members: Login | Register | Feedback

New User and Forum Discussion
Posted: 10 April 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]

Perhaps I’m just not used to how things should be done as I’m new here, but was wondering how you can join in on certain forum discussions or topics.  I’ve noticed that some do not allow you to post.  Do you have to subscribe to the topic?  Not sure how.  Or perhaps some topics are closed to posting by new users for a period of time, which makes sense, and I might have missed in the TOS somewhere.  Thanks for your help.

JD

Posted: 10 April 2012 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

You have to be logged in to see forum topics (mostly0, and some threads are simply not open for comment.  If you are logged in, I don’t think you should have any issues.

Posted: 10 April 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I think I’m logged in.  I can get to my settings and the Log-Out sign is at the top of the page.  I can post in this Bug Report area, but not in the Help Desk, and none of the Baseball Lounge categories.  Maybe I’ll try logging out and then in again.

That didn’t work.  Still getting the same thing.  Maybe it’s just something buggy right now.

Thanks for the response.

JD

Posted: 11 April 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

Still the same problem for us.  Is this happening to anybody else or is there a way for us to fix it?

Thanks,

JD

Posted: 11 April 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator

To cut down on spamming new members have limited posting permissions until they demonstrate their account hasn’t been created to promote a product. I have upgraded your account status. Although it is allowable to have a link to a site in a signature, members shouldn’t be making posts in the forums simply to gain link juice. Please post responsibly.

Posted: 12 April 2012 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

Thanks, Jim, for doing that.  We had intended to post an announcement of this year’s book on the announcement page, if that’s okay, and read more than post.  If that’s not appropriate, you can take it down.  You’re never sure just what the protocol is on a site till you get there.  I’ll delete the url from the signature just to be safe.  We don’t want to abuse the site in any way.  Thanks for your help.  Best wishes.

JD

‹‹ Avatars keep coming back      Log-in issues ››