Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Bring Back the Primate Monkey Logo
Posted: 23 April 2012 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]

The new icon is terrible.

Signature 

AMML
4.11.13—4. 16.13

Posted: 23 April 2012 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

It’s terrible. A favicon should not be art. It should be something basic and recognizable having to do with the website. Such as home plate.

Posted: 23 April 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fly, the most judgment-free human being on Earth - 23 April 2012 02:14 PM

It’s terrible. A favicon should not be art. It should be something basic and recognizable having to do with the website. Such as home plate.

Yes.  Neither the monkey logo (pink or transparent) is recognizable.  I’d have no idea it was a monkey face if someone hadn’t told me.

Posted: 26 April 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

Is there a way to block it?

Signature 

AMML
4.11.13—4. 16.13

Posted: 26 April 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator

It’s humorous that such a small change can provoke such consternation.

I’ve temporarily returned the old icon. At some point during the redesign, I can pretty much guarantee the icon will change again.

I am interested in hearing reasons why the change effects people enough that they would need to block it or go to the trouble of installing a Greasemonkey script to replace it. (Really, I am. I have been viewing the site with the icon and really don’t understand the issue.)

David, you should understand why the icon is changing. I am a little confused by your comment.

Posted: 26 April 2012 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

Who is “David”?

Posted: 27 April 2012 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator

One of the posters to this thread.

Posted: 27 April 2012 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

I have now posted in this thread. Maybe I’m David.

Posted: 28 April 2012 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

No, I’m David ... and so’s your mom!

Posted: 03 May 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Jim Furtado - 26 April 2012 10:27 AM

It’s humorous that such a small change can provoke such consternation.

I’ve temporarily returned the old icon. At some point during the redesign, I can pretty much guarantee the icon will change again.

I am interested in hearing reasons why the change effects people enough that they would need to block it or go to the trouble of installing a Greasemonkey script to replace it. (Really, I am. I have been viewing the site with the icon and really don’t understand the issue.)

David, you should understand why the icon is changing. I am a little confused by your comment.

Because the ability to quickly identify a site in my tab bar is something I value. And for 10 years, this site has been a home plate.

The monkey means nothing, and is not even visibly a monkey. It was a terrible icon on artistic merit, irrespective of the fact that it made it hard for me to identify the site in my bookmarks and tab bar.