Members: Login | Register | Feedback

1 of 2
Log-in issues
Posted: 26 April 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]

I am constantly having to log-in a again on my Blackberry device and actually can’t access the forums that require a log-in on that device. I am also having to log-in every time I change from one device to another despite having auto log-in checked on all devices.

Signature 

But, I digress.  54-46 was my number, jail guitar doors, right now someone else has that number.

Posted: 27 April 2012 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator

Expression Engine changed their handling of keeping users logged in again. I haven’t gone through my old notes yet but I recall there is a problem unique to how Blackberries deal with cookies. I suggest you try clearing all your cookies on the device. Let me know if that fixes your issue. I am looking into their changes to patch any issues.

Posted: 27 April 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Jim Furtado - 27 April 2012 07:16 AM

Expression Engine changed their handling of keeping users logged in again. I haven’t gone through my old notes yet but I recall there is a problem unique to how Blackberries deal with cookies. I suggest you try clearing all your cookies on the device. Let me know if that fixes your issue. I am looking into their changes to patch any issues.

Tried that. It does not fix either issue. I am still not logged in on BB and am having to log-in on non-BB devices despite having checked auto-login and remember password although at least with other devices it let’s me remain logged in for that session, whereas after logging-in on the BB, I am in fact not logged-in.  A similar issue arose a few months ago.

Signature 

But, I digress.  54-46 was my number, jail guitar doors, right now someone else has that number.

Posted: 28 April 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator

I made a few changes. Try logging off, clearing your cookies, and logging back in.

Posted: 28 April 2012 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Jim Furtado - 28 April 2012 11:27 AM

I made a few changes. Try logging off, clearing your cookies, and logging back in.

I did that repeatedly to no avail this afternoon.

Signature 

Posted: 28 April 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Scoriano Flitcraft - 28 April 2012 03:01 PM
Jim Furtado - 28 April 2012 11:27 AM

I did that repeatedly to no avail this afternoon.

Same on my Blackberry, fwiw.

Signature 

Chickens are fantastic

Posted: 28 April 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator

I found a problem related to how EE handles cookie-based logins. First, it limits the number of devices that could be simultaneously logged in to five. It then associated an IP with each login. Apparently, Blackberries have multiple IPs used, even over a few minutes. So, if a member was using his Blackberry he could quickly fill up the five device limit. Anyway, I bypassed the association of IP to each device. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Posted: 28 April 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

I just tried to log in on my blackberry and was unsuccessful.  It said “You are logged in” and then redirected me back to the log in page.

Posted: 28 April 2012 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

Not sure if you fixed it Jim, but I upgraded my BB software tonight and am able to stay logged in for now. Of course, the new software messed up the options for reading the site. I have d/l Opera Mini and it is better but still suboptimal. If anyone has any suggestions on how to optimize the settings for BB with BB 6.0 software please feel free to Primermail me. Thanks.

Signature 

Posted: 29 April 2012 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator

Daryn, try upgrading your BB software.

Scoriano, what do you mean by “messed up the options for reading the site”?

Posted: 29 April 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Jim Furtado - 29 April 2012 04:53 AM

Page layout is hard to read in both Blackberry browser and Opera Mini since I upgraded the BB software.

Signature 

Posted: 29 April 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Scoriano Flitcraft - 29 April 2012 09:01 AM

Page layout is hard to read in both Blackberry browser and Opera Mini since I upgraded the BB software.

In Opera Mini, under Settings, switch to single column view and turn images off to greatly improve readability.  (Also, discourage everyone from building long ziggurats ...)

I’m staying logged in now, but HCO’s redirect doesn’t work properly.  I’m guessing he would have to fix that.  RIP.

Signature 

Chickens are fantastic

Posted: 29 April 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Lloyd Moseby: more ALF than bear - 29 April 2012 09:29 AM
Scoriano Flitcraft - 29 April 2012 09:01 AM

In Opera Mini, under Settings, switch to single column view and turn images off to greatly improve readability.  (Also, discourage everyone from building long ziggurats ...)

I’m staying logged in now, but HCO’s redirect doesn’t work properly.  I’m guessing he would have to fix that.  RIP.

In Opera Mini I have the single column set, no images, but as you say, the ziggies are awful.

In the BB browser the single column view option disappeared with the software upgrade. It’s staggering how stupid RIM is. It’s not bad enough that Canadians lost their edge in ice hockey, you had to screw up colossally in smart phones, too. I hope all you Canucks are ashamed. 

I miss HCO’s shortcut.

Signature 

Posted: 30 April 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]

Safari won’t stay logged in with iPad.

Signature 

l-0-l (-0-) l-0-l
We’ll have to destroy them ship-to-ship.

(){[][][]}<()===========

Posted: 01 May 2012 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

I’ve got a PC running the newest version of FF that logs me out upon shutoff.

Signature 

“Each time I read this post, it becomes more delightfully crass.  Short, to the point, and not sugar-coated in the least.” - The Joe Mauer Power Hour

Posted: 03 May 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]

I am still having to log-in repeatedly across all my devices.

Signature 

1 of 2