Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Dumbest FA signing/trade acquisition of the off-season
Posted: 20 November 2006 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]

Post your pick(s) here. May the dumbest GM win!

Signature 

Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.”

- Charles Bukowski

Posted: 23 November 2006 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

Gary Matthews so far. The guy just isn’t a good player.

Posted: 24 November 2006 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I’d say pierre just because the Dodgers got him. The dodgers are nothing but a bunch of leadoff hitter. Loosing Drew really hurt. Should go after Carlos Lee. Not overrated players with the worst arm in baseball. Although, matthews jr. isn’t a better player.

Signature 

Fragi’le

Posted: 24 November 2006 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

oops

Signature 

Fragi’le

Posted: 24 November 2006 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

Although, I will say that signing Soriano for 8 years was dumb. A-ram is a much better player. Soriano is a bum who only cares about his contract. Plus, going back to Pierre, the Dodgers have Furcal who is probably the most underrated shortstop/leadoff man in baseball.

Signature 

Fragi’le

Posted: 12 December 2006 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

the two worst were JD DREW and GARY MATTHEWS JR.

gary matthews is not worth 10 million a year for 5 years, especially since the only “good” season he had came last season, at age 32, in a hitter friendly ballpark at the top of a very potent lineup. in addition, as a switch hitter, he is prone to slumps from either side of the plate (or both) and has more work to do to maintain a good hitting stroke. i understand the value of his defense, but that alone does not justify the deal.

jd drew’s deal, monetarily at 14 million a year, was a good move by the red sox, except for one thing. they gave him 5 years. this is a guy who has topped 80 RBI TWICE in his career. he has also only topped 140 games twice in his career, in the same seasons. counting on him to stay relatively healthy for 2-3 years is one thing. but at age 31, to look to him to still be healthy and productive (as well as maintain maneuverability in the deep fenway RF AND speed on the basepaths) until age 36 is a very large stretch. i could see this contract becoming an albatross for boston down the road, and that has nothing to do with the fact i’m a yankee fan.