Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Super 2’s info?
Posted: 29 November 2006 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]

Would anyone have a pointer for obtaining a list of this year’s “Super 2” arb eligibles? I’d settle for the latest service time cutoff in terms of third-year days on roster, if that’s easier. Many thanks in advance…

Posted: 29 November 2006 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

I’ve been trying to research this myself. Apparently, the MLBPA sent out a memo on Oct. 20 identifying the players, but I don’t know to whom or where the contents can be learned. So far, the lowest service I can find is Geoff Geary, who is at 2 years, 131 days, and according to the Philly newspapers is a Super Two. Others I’ve found mentioned by various home-town newspapers are Morneau at 2/168, Jimmy Gobble at 2/141, Cory Sullivan at 2/140. Mike Wood is, too, but I don’t know his service time; since he spent time in the minors this season, you’d have to find all his transactions, calculate his major league days and add them to his total thru 2005 at the Cot’s contracts site.

Posted: 01 December 2006 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

Thanks very much! Actually, Cot’s has now posted a list of all arb-eligibles by team, with service time:

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2000/04/2006-07-arbitration-eligibles.html

Posted: 01 December 2006 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

Thanks for the link.

Randy Flores makes it at 2-130, and teammate Josh Hancock misses out at 2-129.

What a difference a day makes, indeed.

‹‹ Wacky plays      Team Picture ››