Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Chicago Meetup—Dec. 22-26?
Posted: 14 December 2006 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]

I’m going to be in town from the 22nd through the 26th.  Does the 23rd work for anybody?

Posted: 14 December 2006 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Detrimental Perez (PH) - 14 December 2006 07:44 PM

I’m going to be in town from the 22nd through the 26th.  Does the 23rd work for anybody?

And I’ll be in town from the 27th to the 30th.  Damn the luck.  I thought we could have a Sun Bowl meetup.

Posted: 14 December 2006 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I’m in Vermont, I’m afraid—Dec. 22 to Dec. 29.

Posted: 14 December 2006 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Detrimental Perez (PH) - 14 December 2006 07:44 PM

I’ll be out of town.  Sorry about that.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 14 December 2006 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

But I will be back the 26th and should be available over the next week.  Mini-Manny and mrs scotto will be out of town.  Detectives believe alcohol will be involved.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 14 December 2006 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
scotto - 14 December 2006 07:59 PM

But I will be back the 26th and should be available over the next week.  Mini-Manny and mrs scotto will be out of town.  Detectives believe alcohol will be involved.

I’m trying to get my wife to set up a bit of a schedule, but I don’t have any idea what I’m doing other than watching Mizzou play Friday afternoon in some bar in the city.  We’re likely going to the suburbs one night, and a show another.

Posted: 15 December 2006 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

I’ll be back in town on the 21st.  I am going to the Bulls game on the 23rd (7pm) start.  If we can get people to commit to an earlier meetup, I’m in.

Sheriff, suggest a date for your meetup.  I’m sure we won’t have a problem having both.

Signature 

“Alcohol makes you feel better and then makes you feel worse and then remorselessly very bad indeed, but then alcohol will make you feel better again. It is the cure for the dog that bit you, and how easily you forget it is also the dog.”  - Roger Ebert

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” - Finley Dunne

Posted: 15 December 2006 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

I’d consider coming down during that time (after xmas).  I may also go to S. Dakota to do some pheasant hunting but everything is a possibility at this point.

Posted: 15 December 2006 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Moses Taylor - 15 December 2006 02:20 AM

I’ll be back in town on the 21st.  I am going to the Bulls game on the 23rd (7pm) start.  If we can get people to commit to an earlier meetup, I’m in.

Sheriff, suggest a date for your meetup.  I’m sure we won’t have a problem having both.

I’m still trying to get approval from the one person trip approval committee.  I hope to have an answer this weekend.

Posted: 20 December 2006 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

We haven’t come up with a plan yet, but we’re staying at someone’s house Wednesday night, then staying in town Thursday and Friday.  Does anyone have any preferences for either night?

Posted: 21 December 2006 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

It looks like if it happens, it would be Thursday.  The wife is waiting to hear back from someone. 

Additionally, I will be watching Mizzou play in the Sun Bowl in a bar somewhere Friday afternoon.  We may go where the alumni association suggests, or if that blows, we may go to the Globe Bar.  Either way, a Cub fan friend of mine will be along.

Posted: 21 December 2006 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

I can’t make it on the 23rd. I will be around the week after Christmas and probably available for a meetup.

Posted: 26 December 2006 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

I’m still not 100%, but I do think I’d be available Thursday night.  I’d like it to be somewhere where my wife can come and go, and she likes to shop in that Clybourn shopping area near Goose Island and Sam’s Wine.  I’ll e-mail a couple of you mafia types as well.