Members: Login | Register | Feedback

J’s on an East Coast tour and would like some meetups
Posted: 08 February 2007 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]

I’ll be in Chicago next week (Tuesday February 13 through Thursday February 15), staying at the InterContinental downtown.  Anyone up for a meetup Tuesday or Wednesday evening?

Following that, I’ll be in DC at the Willard (Wed 2/21 - Fri 2/23), Montreal (week of 2/26, exact dates TBD), Toronto (Wed 3/7 - Frid 3/9), and Montego Bay, Jamaica (week of 3/19).  I may be in San Juan, PR the week of 3/12.

Signature 

Time for the annual post on my Braves blog

Posted: 08 February 2007 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

The Willard? Nice hotel.

I could be game for a DC event on any of those nights. Anyone else?

Posted: 08 February 2007 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I’d be up for a DC meetup any of those evenings, childcare responsibilities permitting.

Posted: 08 February 2007 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Answer Guy - 08 February 2007 02:30 PM

The Willard? Nice hotel.

That’s what I hear.  I’m actually working there - the room comes as part of the deal.

I could be game for a DC event on any of those nights. Anyone else?

SJ has also indicated that he’s interested.

Signature 

Posted: 08 February 2007 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

Four is a decent quorum and I am sure we could scare up another few people. Any preferences as to which night? Are Wed, Thu, and Fri equally preferrable to people?

Posted: 08 February 2007 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

I will be leaving Friday, so that’s not good for me.  Wednesday and Thursday are equally good.

Signature 

Posted: 09 February 2007 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

Thursday is probably better for me, because of the LOST

Signature 

“Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” 

“There is soooo much booze here, and no one is drinking it. Why? IT MAKES ME SO MAD.”

Posted: 09 February 2007 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

I’d be up for a DC event, as well.

Posted: 09 February 2007 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

Sammy, you need a tivo.

Signature 

Posted: 09 February 2007 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

So we’re thinking Thursday evening sometime?

Posted: 09 February 2007 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

Sounds like it.

As mentioned, I’ll be in DC proper.  Without a car, since work and accommodations are the same place.  I’m up for whatever, but would need help (either directions or a ride) to anywhere far from there.

Signature 

Posted: 09 February 2007 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
J Lεεds (oi! have a new job) - 09 February 2007 03:04 PM

Sounds like it.

As mentioned, I’ll be in DC proper.  Without a car, since work and accommodations are the same place.  I’m up for whatever, but would need help (either directions or a ride) to anywhere far from there.

Plenty of places within easy reach of Metro; no reason to deviate.

I will most likely have Answer Mobile handy since unless I leave the meetup really early, getting back to B’more is problematic (there’s trains at 8:40 and at 10:45 out of Union Station and that’s it.) Someplace that serves decent food would be nice.

We’ll be fighting some crowds Thursday but that’s cool.

Posted: 10 February 2007 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

No reason to go anywhere that isn’t Metro accessible for a downtown DC meetup…  but you’re good to offer rides, AG.  If you want decent food, you all oughta try the Childe Harold at Dupont Circle.  That’s nice because you can repair to the fundrinkery downstairs right after you eat a half-decent meal in the dining room.

I’m sorry I’ll miss you, oi!, but I’ll be out of town all week.  Then again, if I were going to be in town my band would be playing on the 22nd at the Red and the Black down ‘round Capitol Hill - damn our rotten luck, that’s the week we’ll be out of town recording.  Hope you all have a good time, and I’ll catch you on the flipside.

Posted: 12 February 2007 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Your Ace from Outer Space - 10 February 2007 04:58 AM

No reason to go anywhere that isn’t Metro accessible for a downtown DC meetup…  but you’re good to offer rides, AG.  If you want decent food, you all oughta try the Childe Harold at Dupont Circle.  That’s nice because you can repair to the fundrinkery downstairs right after you eat a half-decent meal in the dining room.

I’m sorry I’ll miss you, oi!, but I’ll be out of town all week.  Then again, if I were going to be in town my band would be playing on the 22nd at the Red and the Black down ‘round Capitol Hill - damn our rotten luck, that’s the week we’ll be out of town recording.  Hope you all have a good time, and I’ll catch you on the flipside.

I went there once. I forget what I had but I liked it.

Posted: 18 February 2007 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

Were any decisions made?  When and Where?  My attendance depends on my wife’s ability to do pick up at daycare, but either night seems just as likely to me.  I’d prefer somewhere on the Orange line, but Dupont or Gallery Place are fine too.

Posted: 18 February 2007 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]

I think that Thursday evening was the consensus for when.  The only “wheres” I’ve seen mentioned are Childe Harold and The Red and the Black.  (I assume those were both suggestions…)  Either one works for me - I’ll have to defer to the expertise of the locals.

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2007 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]

It seems pretty likely that I can make it on Thursday.  Of those two, my vote is for Childe Harold.  The Red and the Black isn’t as easy to get to.

Posted: 21 February 2007 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Chief - 21 February 2007 01:32 AM

I should be able to make it Thursday.  Where is it?  Childe Harold and The Red and the Black were mentioned in the other thread.  Of those two, my vote is with Childe Harold.  (If we go there, we still need to choose between upstairs and downstairs.)

I’ll cross-post this, plus send email to everyone who’s replied to my emails…

Childe Harold sounds good to me.  I’m not sure what the difference is between the upstairs and downstairs.  And I don’t know what time works for the rest of you.  I’ll probably finish up work about 5 or so, and it won’t take me long to get there based on what I can see on the internets.

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2007 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]

Thought I’d post details here for the Toronto leg of Leeds’ tour.

Wednesday, March 7th.  I’ll let Daryn suggest a spot for food.  He’s at King and Bay, OTC’s at Bay and Wellesley, Leeds will be at Bay and Bloor and the ACC’s at Bay and Lakeshore.  I’m thinking that we should eat somewhere near Bay.  Since the game’s at 7:00, we should probably meet for food 5-5:30?

I’ve currently got four tickets for the Raps/Griz, and they’re spoken for by me, Leeds, OTC and Daryn.  That said, if any other Toronto-based Primates are interested, you can get walk-up tickets for 10 or 15 bucks, and we can do the halftime seat swap or something.

Signature 

Everybody that you know…is more relevant…than everybody that I know.
- J. Murphy

Posted: 21 February 2007 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]

We seem to be working two threads here.

I’ll get to Childe Harold around 6 or so.  I’m planning on meeting at the bar downstairs.

Posted: 21 February 2007 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]

I’m referring to the Feb. 22 meetup in DC, by the way.

‹‹ Serie del Caribe      VG in DC March 4-7 ››