Members: Login | Register | Feedback

VG in DC March 4-7
Posted: 21 February 2007 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]

Hello, Baltimore/Washington-area Primates. I will be in DC for a conference March 4-7. I would love to have a meetup, as we did last year. The best nights are March 4 and March 5. I will be available after 8 p.m. on the 4th and after 7 p.m. on the 5th. I may even be free a little earlier than that on the 5th. I’m staying at the Days Inn, 4400 Connecticut Ave, NW, which is kind of out of the way, but don’t let that enter into the decision on where to meet. I will make use of the taxis.

Posted: 21 February 2007 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

March 4 is out for me, as it is round 2 of the 1936 Lounge League draft.  If we meet up on March 5, I can regale you with tales of the draft. 

That Days Inn is near Van Ness.  There’s nothing much in Van Ness, but it does have Red Line station, so it’s not too hard to get downtown.

Posted: 21 February 2007 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

We’ll hold it on March 5 for your sake, Chief, but only if you promise to go on at length about the Lounge DMB league.

Posted: 26 February 2007 11:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

Is there meetup fatigue after the JLεεds meetup? In any case, I will try to post a link to this page in the Lounge in the morning to see if there are more people interested so we can nail down a site. Is Monday the better day?

Posted: 27 February 2007 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

I think these announcements get lost in the forums sometimes.  Also, though there have been a few good turnouts, it can be really tough to get a DC meetup together.

Posted: 28 February 2007 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

Chief, pick a location. You know where I’m staying. kevin, if there’s anything that should be taken into account from your end in choosing a location, please post it for Chief’s consideration.

Posted: 01 March 2007 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Chief - 27 February 2007 07:00 PM

I think these announcements get lost in the forums sometimes.  Also, though there have been a few good turnouts, it can be really tough to get a DC meetup together.

My excuse is just that I forgot to respond when I first saw this.  We don’t want DC to get a bad reputation, though I missed the last one…  and this one is happening Monday (!) so I’m glad I checked back tonight.

Chief, what do you think about a place in Cleveland Park?  That’s two Metro stops away from Vince in Van Ness, and a couple stops up from Dupont.  There’s the Four Provinces (which now appears to be called “Ireland’s Four Green Fields”?!), of course, and then there are a couple of good places across from the 4 P’s on Connecticut Ave.  I’m thinking of a couple of semi-swanky places with good drinks, and then there’s Atomic Billiards, which can get loud but probably won’t be on a Monday night.  And there’s Vace, for superior pizza that you can smuggle into any place that doesn’t serve good food.

Is that helping any?  I’ll defer to anyone who has a more definite plan…  I’ll be back sometime this weekend to see what’s what.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Posted: 01 March 2007 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

Hey, Ace. Glad that you can make it. I have been to Atomic Billiards before, so I kind of remember that area.

kevin, my hotel is somewhat out of the way, pretty far north on Connecticut Avenue. It’s not a very central meeting place. Besides, it’s a Days Inn. It does have a bar/lounge, but I’d rather settle on someplace else.

Posted: 01 March 2007 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

Cleveland Park is fine by me.  I haven’t been up there much since I used to live there.  It’s not too far from Vince’s hotel. I used to walk up to Van Ness pretty frequently.

Let’s meet at Atomic.  It’s across from the movie theater, below street level.  Entrance is near the sign for Club Soda.

We can hit some of the other places along that stretch if we want.  I’m not sure what’s still there.  I used to go to Nanny O’Brien’s a lot.

Posted: 01 March 2007 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

Chief, looks good to me. I indicated earlier that I was free after 7 p.m., but, looking over my schedule again, I can be there earlier than that, more like 6 to 6:30 p.m.

Posted: 01 March 2007 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

Between 6 and 6:30 is good for me.  I usually get out of work earlier, but someone scheduled a late meeting for that day.

Posted: 02 March 2007 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

Yes, Monday the 5th.

Posted: 04 March 2007 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

Cleveland Park used to be my old haunt as well, back when I lived near where Vince is staying. I may drop by as well.

Here’s an explanation of the Four Ps/Four Green Fields/Ireland’s Four Fields thing.

Posted: 04 March 2007 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]

Cleveland Park is a ####### hike on the metro from Alexandria, I probably won’t be able to get there until 7 PM or so.

Signature 

“Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” 

“There is soooo much booze here, and no one is drinking it. Why? IT MAKES ME SO MAD.”

Posted: 05 March 2007 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

someone email me a cell phone number, and I will text to make sure you guys are at the same bar, I can not guarantee my arrival time.

Signature 

“Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” 

“There is soooo much booze here, and no one is drinking it. Why? IT MAKES ME SO MAD.”

Posted: 05 March 2007 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]

SJ, I emailed you my number.

Posted: 05 March 2007 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]

got it, thanks

Signature 

Posted: 05 March 2007 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]

JC says he may make it some time after 8 PM, this may effect whether there is a second bar on the agenda.

Signature