Members: Login | Register | Feedback

J Lεεds (oi!) in Chicago March 21 & 22
Posted: 06 March 2007 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]

I could use a good way to waste my evenings.  Anyone up for a meetup?

I realize that the Chicago primates are reknowned for their unwillingness to welcome strangers, but I’m hoping that perhaps you’ll all make an exception this once.

Signature 

Time for the annual post on my Braves blog

Posted: 12 March 2007 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

I realize that the Chicago primates are reknowned for their unwillingness to welcome strangers

In the local parlance: We don’t want nobody nobody sent.

I should be available either of those nights.

Posted: 14 March 2007 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

Where are you staying, J?  What does your schedule look like? 

I’m in.

Signature 

“Alcohol makes you feel better and then makes you feel worse and then remorselessly very bad indeed, but then alcohol will make you feel better again. It is the cure for the dog that bit you, and how easily you forget it is also the dog.”  - Roger Ebert

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” - Finley Dunne

Posted: 14 March 2007 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

####, week nights are highly problematic.  I’ll see what I can do.

Signature 

I wanted, I think, to acknowledge Luck: the chance of it, the benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others; made especially savage for children because they may not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it. - Paul Newman, on why he created the Hole in the Wall Camp.

Posted: 14 March 2007 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

I will be at the InterContinental, suffering horribly for work.  It’s a hard job, but someone has to do it.

I get in about 9AM Wednesday, and leave Friday afternoon.  I should be done with work about 5-ish each day.

Signature 

Time for the annual post on my Braves blog