Members: Login | Register | Feedback

New York City Meet-Up
Posted: 08 April 2007 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]

Given that there’s a large NYC contingent and the season has now started again, it seems to me we ought to have a meet-up in the NYC metro area soon. I know we’ve had some success with the Tonic Bar but I’m open to other suggestions. This week might be a little soon, so maybe try Tuesday April 17th since only a couple of teams are playing on the West Coast that night.

Other thoughts are welcome, of course.

Posted: 10 April 2007 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

If you guys ever have a weekend meetup, I might be able to come down.  This may encourage you guys to do these during the week…

Signature 

Designated Sitter: Occasionally brilliant, always astigamatic.

Posted: 11 April 2007 01:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I’d be down for that.  My finals are coming up so it may be tough but I care less about them every day.

Posted: 11 April 2007 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

I cant make it

Posted: 12 April 2007 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

I should be able to make it.  Tonic Bar was a good venue last time.

Posted: 13 April 2007 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

I tend to have meetings on Tuesday nights but I’ll come before or afterward.

Signature 

I was in Hamilton and Toronto the night of April 2, 2015.

Posted: 13 April 2007 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
AZ - 12 April 2007 02:09 PM

I should be able to make it.  Tonic Bar was a good venue last time.

I can’t do Tuesday night, as I have to get home by 7 p.m. that night. I’ll check back in case things change (not on my account).

Signature 

Out on the Web, people assemble into verticals of self-interest. They often speak only to each other. They become an echo chamber of half-truths, sometimes outright lies, without any real data points coming in. And so you end up with a sort of mass of people talking to each other, no one has read anything. No one knows anything. They’re talking about something that someone else read that read that read that read. And we end up in a meta-world.

Posted: 14 April 2007 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

Ok, so we have some tentative RSVPs, does 6-6:30 work for people?

Posted: 16 April 2007 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

7:30 or 8pm works better for me.  Though I am not really in the mood to talk baseball after what happened on Sunday.

Posted: 17 April 2007 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

So, despite being your Master of Ceremonies, I have discovered—brilliantly—that I am actaully unable to come today. Nonetheless, I hope the meeting will go on and perhaps we can have another get together soon

Posted: 17 April 2007 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

Aside from me, is anyone else committed to attending this gathering?

Posted: 17 April 2007 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

It looks like Daly is counting on us, so I’m in.  My meeting is from 7 to 8.  I can be there before and afterward.

Signature 

I was in Hamilton and Toronto the night of April 2, 2015.

Posted: 17 April 2007 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

Daly was joking around, HCO.  He’s not coming.