Members: Login | Register | Feedback

1 of 2
Atlanta, GA - Memorial Day (May 29, 2006)
Posted: 27 April 2006 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]

There seems likely to be some sort of meetup this day, as runningbyrd, and Dan and SMK, will all be in town.  At least some people are attending the Braves-Dodgers game that day as well.

Feel free to chime in if you’re interested or have information to share.

Signature 

Time for the annual post on my Braves blog

Posted: 28 April 2006 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

Thanks for posting this JLeeds.  I kept meaning to do it and always forgot.

Is anyone else going to be at that game?

Posted: 28 April 2006 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

Someone using a name including Dr. Love said they were going in IRC Tuesday.  I don’t know who else might be going.

Byrd had mentioned going to Fat Matt’s for BBQ before or after the game.  When do you and Dan need to be at the airport?

Signature 

Posted: 03 May 2006 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

i am in town, so I might join in.

as for suggestions, i say meetup in Midtown near Piedmont Park. couple of nice pucs there ( prince of wales and old smith )
easy to drive or take the MARTA to the game from there.
Feel free to ignore this suggestion as this very selfishly motivated!! I live just next door to those places :)

Posted: 03 May 2006 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
J Lεεds (oi!) - 28 April 2006 10:07 PM

Someone using a name including Dr. Love said they were going in IRC Tuesday.  I don’t know who else might be going.

Byrd had mentioned going to Fat Matt’s for BBQ before or after the game.  When do you and Dan need to be at the airport?

Our flight isn’t until the crack of dawn Tuesday morning, but we have to return the rental car at the airport sometime Monday evening before 6:30 or 7pm to avoid paying exorbitantly high penalties.  So something before might work better for us.  I’ll talk to Dan to see what he thinks.

Posted: 04 May 2006 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

Someone would probably be glad to give you a ride back to your hotel after, if needed.

Signature 

Posted: 04 May 2006 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

I think meeting before would probably work better for us.

Signature 

The human understanding, when it has once adopted an opinion, draws all things else to support and agree with it. And though there be a greater number and weight of instances to be found on the other side, yet these it either neglects and despises, or else by some distinction sets aside and rejects; in order that by this great and pernicious predetermination the authority of its former conclusions may remain inviolate.—Francis Bacon

Posted: 05 May 2006 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

I think meeting before would probably work better for us.

nancy boy!

We got another thread going in the braves lounge too.

Signature 

*includes bacon unless otherwise specified.

Posted: 16 May 2006 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

All right people. What are the chances that any of you would brave atlanta traffic to meet at fat matt’s on friday night? This would be in addition to the meetup on monday morning before the game, which I’m working under the assumption is a done deal (restaurant to be decided, but may have already been chosen). If noone can, then I’ll plan on just going back to Athens after going to the aquarium on friday, but I’m up for it if people want to make it.  Is it possible for people with families to make such a meetup?

If noone can make it on friday, there’s a chance I’ll be able to meet up again monday night, but my mom might want to go out to eat with me instead.

Signature 

Posted: 16 May 2006 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

Right now, breakfast before the game on monday is set for Ria’s bluebird

That’s nearish to the ballpark, so people will be near there anyway, and they have good biscuits if memory serves. Time is yet to be determined.

Signature 

Posted: 16 May 2006 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

I would be all for this if it weren’t for the fact that Atlanta scares the bejesus out of me. Not the city itself mind you, just y’know getting anywhere in it. I can get to and from the Ted from Athens, and through Atlanta to Nashville, but that’s about it.

Signature 

GM/Manager/Supreme Overlord of the Umpire Neck Stabbers. The stabbingest bunch of ballplayers this side of Sam Hutchinson.

Posted: 16 May 2006 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

Well, I’ve got good news for you latnam. The places we are looking at for breakfast are all near the ted, so getting there won’t be a problem. And by near, I mean walking distance if you had the time and it wasn’t hot outside. Do you have a ticket for the memorial day game?

Signature 

Posted: 17 May 2006 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]

I might be able to make the Friday thing, rb.  And LatNam, I could offer you a ride, I expect.  Can you find Roswell?

Signature 

Posted: 18 May 2006 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]

Apparently I’ll be in atlanta in one week! We have a head count of two for the possible friday meetup? I wish there were a better wya of getting this to people. I guess I’ll have to say it in the game chatter everyday, just in case.

In seattle, we just have an email list.

Signature 

Posted: 19 May 2006 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

So what is this friday meetup?

If it is in the evening, I can be up for it :)

Posted: 19 May 2006 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]

Well, i was thinking about putting together a night at fat matt’s (or some other bbq place, fat matt’s has just always been my favorite.) Werr and SMK won’t be there, but i thought we could do the atlanta crew.

It appears that a band named “work in progress” is playing there next friday night. There’s no band cover or anything, for those who haven’t been there.

http://www.fatmattsribshack.com/

I’m flexible, time-wise, just need to get to athens that night.

Signature 

Posted: 20 May 2006 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]

I can be there Friday evening.  Is my wife invited?

Signature 

Posted: 21 May 2006 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]

Definitely. I was planning on either bringing my stepdad, or aj burnett’s cousin, so the more the merrier. We are definitely on for friday night then? Godot?

Signature 

Posted: 21 May 2006 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]

Works for me then, just let me know when.

Signature 

Posted: 22 May 2006 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]

Random time: 7:30, friday night? Does that work for people? I’m flexible if it doesn’t. I’d like to get there late enough to maybe catch the band and for people to be able to make it without too much traffic trouble, but early enough for you folks with kids.

On monday morning, 10:30? Game’s at 1, right?

Signature 

Posted: 22 May 2006 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]

10:30 should work.  It’s what, two and a half hour drive from Greenville?  Waking up SMK should be fun.  I’ll have to remind her this whole thing was her idea.

Signature 

The human understanding, when it has once adopted an opinion, draws all things else to support and agree with it. And though there be a greater number and weight of instances to be found on the other side, yet these it either neglects and despises, or else by some distinction sets aside and rejects; in order that by this great and pernicious predetermination the authority of its former conclusions may remain inviolate.—Francis Bacon

Posted: 22 May 2006 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]

We could go at 11 instead. Just wanted to give an hour for eating, and then time to get to the game and time fro the two of you to explore the park a little since you’ve never seen it.

Signature 

Posted: 22 May 2006 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
(rb) Brian Mccann?s #1 fan. - 22 May 2006 06:13 PM

We could go at 11 instead. Just wanted to give an hour for eating, and then time to get to the game and time fro the two of you to explore the park a little since you’ve never seen it.

I’ll ask SMK.  We can explore the park during the game.  NL games are boring, 1-2-3 innings and such.

Signature 

Posted: 22 May 2006 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Mug comes in value packs of 10, with 5 varieties - 22 May 2006 06:49 PM
(rb) Brian Mccann?s #1 fan. - 22 May 2006 06:13 PM

I’ll ask SMK.  We can explore the park during the game.  NL games are boring, 1-2-3 innings and such.

I may have to beat your ass for that comment.

Signature 

Posted: 22 May 2006 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]

You have to remember that I hate baseball.

Signature 

Posted: 22 May 2006 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]

See the cat on my avatar? That’s what you’re going to look like when I’m done with you. I think the technique is called water boarding.

Signature 

1 of 2