Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Are you draft man?
Posted: 27 April 2006 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]

In case there’s any desire for draft talk this weekend, I thought we could get our Kiper on in here.

Signature 

l-0-l (-0-) l-0-l
We’ll have to destroy them ship-to-ship.

(){[][][]}<()===========

Posted: 28 April 2006 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

I’m down with that!

Signature 

“A critic who refuses to attack what is bad is not
a whole-hearted supporter of what is good.”

-Robert Schumann

Posted: 28 April 2006 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I’m DVR’ing the thing (assuming my DVR doesn’t break down) so I don’t have to drag my ass out of bed at 9 AM to watch all the hype.

I’m very said that Houston is likely to take Reggie Bush.  I wanted to support Gary Kubiak in his first head coaching job, but picking Bush would make that impossible.  Hopefully Mario Williams told them he’d take a lot less money than Reggie did.

Signature 

Here’s the pitch to Lofton.  Fly ball, center field ... Erstad says he’s got it!!  Erstad ... makes the catch!  The Anaheim Angels are the champions of baseball!
- Rory Markas

Posted: 28 April 2006 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

I can’t think of how large a number it would have to be, to pass up Bush for Williams.

I’m interested in the 2 big-time QBs, who’s going to be the first team to blink and take one of them, without a real need. 
Merril Hodge sp?, was on espnradio, said he’d take Leinart in the 3rd round, no earlier, wouldn’t take Young as a QB until after that, but a 2nd round athlete.

Signature 

l-0-l (-0-) l-0-l

(){[][][]}<()===========

Posted: 29 April 2006 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

Well, I don’t know how large the number is, but the Texans have signed Williams.

Posted: 29 April 2006 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

I guess they found it.

Now doest NO see what they can get the Jets to cough up to move up and grap Bush, or do the Saints take him, and pass on what they really need for what they already have?

Signature 

l-0-l (-0-) l-0-l

(){[][][]}<()===========

Posted: 29 April 2006 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
pv nasby - 29 April 2006 01:07 AM

I guess they found it.

Now doest NO see what they can get the Jets to cough up to move up and grap Bush, or do the Saints take him, and pass on what they really need for what they already have?

Yeah; they’ve already got Deuce McAllister; I’d call up the Jets and ask for pretty much the 4th overall pick and their 2nd round pick and maybe Vilma. See if they bite.

Posted: 29 April 2006 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]

Of course, OTOH, they’re the Saints, so, knowing them, they’ll take that Diet Pepsi machine with the #2 pick…

Posted: 29 April 2006 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Albert Pujols, Win Shares God (Craig3410) - 29 April 2006 01:13 AM

Yeah; they’ve already got Deuce McAllister; I’d call up the Jets and ask for pretty much the 4th overall pick and their 2nd round pick and maybe Vilma. See if they bite.

But McAllister gets hurt every year.  I don’t think he’s better than an average back.

Of course, the Saints have so many holes that no one pick will fix them.

Signature 

Time for the annual post on my Braves blog

Posted: 29 April 2006 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

I think the Texans should have made D’Brickashaw the guy to upset Bush, but c’est la vie.

Signature 

Here’s the pitch to Lofton.  Fly ball, center field ... Erstad says he’s got it!!  Erstad ... makes the catch!  The Anaheim Angels are the champions of baseball!
- Rory Markas

Posted: 29 April 2006 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

Oh man, the Jets better be on the phone with the Saints.  2 firsts and a #2 make it happen!

Posted: 29 April 2006 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]

I’d call up the Jets and ask for pretty much the 4th overall pick and their 2nd round pick and maybe Vilma. See if they bite.

That’s just insane.

Posted: 29 April 2006 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
AJM - 29 April 2006 03:32 AM

I’d call up the Jets and ask for pretty much the 4th overall pick and their 2nd round pick and maybe Vilma. See if they bite.

That’s just insane.

I know, but I hoping that their train of thought goes “Omigod, omigod! REGGIE BUSH! gottahavehim gottahavehim gottahim gimme gimme” and give it up.

Posted: 29 April 2006 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]

Oh, and…

*fist pump*

We either get Reggie, or we trade him for the world; WE CAN’T LOSE!

Posted: 29 April 2006 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]

The Texans probably did the right thing in not taking Bush, though I’m not sure they did the right thing in the right way. The one thing they don’t need is a running back. I wonder if they could have traded down two or three places and taken D’Brickashaw, but oh well.

Still, there’s a pretty substantial chance that in 30-35 years we’re going to have to try to explain to our kids why the Texans passed on Bush.

Signature 

A newspaper has its faults, and plenty of them, but no matter, it’s hark from the tomb for a dead nation, and don’t you forget it. You can’t resurrect a dead nation without it; there isn’t any way.

-Mark Twain.

http://andrewwritesabouttv.blogspot.com

Posted: 29 April 2006 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]

Let’s go Jets!

Posted: 29 April 2006 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]

We got Bush!

Posted: 29 April 2006 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]

Young to the Titans. It’s cliched, but this is boom or bust, I guess.

Signature 

A newspaper has its faults, and plenty of them, but no matter, it’s hark from the tomb for a dead nation, and don’t you forget it. You can’t resurrect a dead nation without it; there isn’t any way.

-Mark Twain.

http://andrewwritesabouttv.blogspot.com

Posted: 29 April 2006 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]

What were the Bills thinking?  You’ve GOTTA take Leinart, their QB SUCKS.

Signature 

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone’s gonna die.  Come watch TV?

Posted: 29 April 2006 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]

Buffalo strikes me as a little QB-prospect shy as a result of Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, and J.P. Losman.  I think they’ll take someone later.  I was suprised that they took Whitner, though.

Signature 

“A critic who refuses to attack what is bad is not
a whole-hearted supporter of what is good.”

-Robert Schumann

Posted: 29 April 2006 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]

Another odd defensive choice by Buffalo.  What is Levy thinking up there?

Signature 

Posted: 30 April 2006 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
J Lεεds (oi!) - 29 April 2006 08:34 PM

Another odd defensive choice by Buffalo.  What is Levy thinking up there?

He’s thinking they still have Kelly, Thomas and Reed running the K-Gun, so they need to stock up their defense.  They can’t rely on Bruce Smith forever.

Signature 

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone’s gonna die.  Come watch TV?

Posted: 30 April 2006 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]

RDF, Larry.

Signature