Members: Login | Register | Feedback

RB in NYC comes to Chicago!
Posted: 21 June 2007 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]

Being that I don’t anticipate there being any Yankee games worth watching come September, I have decided to make a pilgrimage to Chicago, where, it must be said, it is equally unlikely to have baseball games worth watching. Nevertheless, I am committed to attending games at both Wrigley and US Cellular. At the moment my plan calls for an arrival the afternoon on Friday September 14th, attending the Sox-Angels tilt on the 15th and then the Cubs-Reds on the 17th before departing on the 18th.

I will be staying at the Best Western or Great Western or some damn thing but would of course very much like to meet up with the well-known Chicagoland Mafia, and perhaps bring some representation of the Pagliarulo Family. Meet-up suggestions are welcome, I’d say Friday or Saturday night (the Sox game is a 6:05 start, apparently) work best but I’m open to many ideas.

Posted: 21 June 2007 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]

I think I’ll be around that weekend. If so, I’m in.

RB, this would make it four different cities (NY, Washington and London being the others) that we’ve met up in.

Posted: 21 June 2007 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

The 14th is my birthday, so I won’t be meeting up that day.  Maybe that Saturday.  At the moment, I also have tickets to the Cubs game on the 17th.  It’s a ways away, so who knows.

Signature 

“Alcohol makes you feel better and then makes you feel worse and then remorselessly very bad indeed, but then alcohol will make you feel better again. It is the cure for the dog that bit you, and how easily you forget it is also the dog.”  - Roger Ebert

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” - Finley Dunne