Members: Login | Register | Feedback

‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 > 
4 of 5
DC Meetup Aug 2007!
Posted: 07 August 2007 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
SMK - 07 August 2007 07:55 PM
Larry Mahnken Has A Press Pass - 07 August 2007 07:17 PM

OK, I got out of work on Friday (I lied and told them I had to pick up a game—so they switched me for Saturday morning)

I’ll have to work at 8am, so considering the 90 minute drive to York, I should probably leave no later than midnight.  That doesn’t sound like it’ll be a big problem.

Dan, if you need a ride, give me a call (or email… or tell me tonight).  I’ll see you all Friday!

Now I’m off to my COOL job—not the one I had to get out of for Friday.

I’m sure he would much rather have a ride than negotiate public transportation with luggage.

Yeah, probably.

I’ll clean out my trunk this week so there’s sure to be enough room.

Signature 

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone’s gonna die.  Come watch TV?

Posted: 08 August 2007 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]

OK, what time do ya need a ride to DC Friday?  We got the route down pat now.

Signature 

l-0-l (-0-) l-0-l
We’ll have to destroy them ship-to-ship.

(){[][][]}<()===========

Posted: 08 August 2007 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]

Do we have a time, why not 6:30 or 7, and JC will meet us when he can get out, its a bar, people can come and go as they please.

Signature 

“Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” 

“There is soooo much booze here, and no one is drinking it. Why? IT MAKES ME SO MAD.”

Posted: 08 August 2007 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]

I’m there!

Posted: 08 August 2007 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Chief - 08 August 2007 08:07 PM

I’m there!

You’re early.

Signature 

The human understanding, when it has once adopted an opinion, draws all things else to support and agree with it. And though there be a greater number and weight of instances to be found on the other side, yet these it either neglects and despises, or else by some distinction sets aside and rejects; in order that by this great and pernicious predetermination the authority of its former conclusions may remain inviolate.—Francis Bacon

Posted: 08 August 2007 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
SJ - 08 August 2007 07:16 PM

Do we have a time, why not 6:30 or 7, and JC will meet us when he can get out, its a bar, people can come and go as they please.

Isn’t that about when JC suggested?  Why not start a bit earlier to accommodate others like Chief and perhaps Larry, and let JC come later if necessary?

Signature 

The human understanding, when it has once adopted an opinion, draws all things else to support and agree with it. And though there be a greater number and weight of instances to be found on the other side, yet these it either neglects and despises, or else by some distinction sets aside and rejects; in order that by this great and pernicious predetermination the authority of its former conclusions may remain inviolate.—Francis Bacon

Posted: 09 August 2007 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]

JC said he didn’t want to go out between 6-8.  So I guess if we start 6-6:30, then people can just come and go as they please. 

I’d like to avoid staying out too late because I’m sure Dan and I will want to get up fairly early on Saturday so we can get in as much sightseeing as possible.

Posted: 09 August 2007 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]

People misunderstood my bluster.  I meant, “I’m not going out for a 6-8 date: why would I show up at 5.30?” I’ll be there as soon as I can. I just assumed people go out to be out, you know, late-ish, not have the evening end at 8 or 830. Anyway, where? It doesn’t look like people decided. And, seriously, if a ride from Baltimore is stlll needed, I can do it. Email me.

Signature 

RIP A.D.

Commitment to Excellence

Posted: 09 August 2007 02:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]

6:30 is fine with me.  I’ll stay out late too, for that matter.  My preference for meeting up earlier is because I’m not going home between work and the meetup and don’t want to have to find a way to kill a couple hours.

Posted: 09 August 2007 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
JC in DC - 09 August 2007 02:07 AM

People misunderstood my bluster.  I meant, “I’m not going out for a 6-8 date: why would I show up at 5.30?” I’ll be there as soon as I can. I just assumed people go out to be out, you know, late-ish, not have the evening end at 8 or 830. Anyway, where? It doesn’t look like people decided. And, seriously, if a ride from Baltimore is stlll needed, I can do it. Email me.

I understood your bluster, but I have a lot of experience with it.  After a quick glance at Chief’s preferred options, I vote Elephant & Castle.

Thanks very much to you and nasby for ride offers, but Larry is planning to take me, and if I understand correctly, it’s pretty much on his way.

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2007 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Mug treats mishaps like sinking ships - 09 August 2007 02:47 AM

I understood your bluster, but I have a lot of experience with it.  After a quick glance at Chief’s preferred options, I vote Elephant & Castle.

Thanks very much to you and nasby for ride offers, but Larry is planning to take me, and if I understand correctly, it’s pretty much on his way.

Elephant and Castle? Ne’er aheerd o’ it. I’ll look it up. So, Elephant and Castle, around 6.00, right? I’ll see y’all there.

Signature 

RIP A.D.

Commitment to Excellence

Posted: 09 August 2007 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]

I think people have their own friends, you know…

Signature 

“Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” 

“There is soooo much booze here, and no one is drinking it. Why? IT MAKES ME SO MAD.”

Posted: 09 August 2007 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]

Elephant N Castle?  Is that off the Wee Britian metro stop?

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2007 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
SJ - 09 August 2007 03:19 AM

I don’t get this, as usual.

Signature 

RIP A.D.

Commitment to Excellence

Posted: 09 August 2007 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
SJ - 09 August 2007 03:20 AM

Elephant N Castle?  Is that off the Wee Britian metro stop?

MISTER F!

Signature 

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone’s gonna die.  Come watch TV?

Posted: 09 August 2007 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]

The DC meetup I went to in 2005 probably lasted about five or six hours—I’m positive we were there after midnight.  So even if we start at 5:30, it’s not like we’re going to go home after two hours just because it’s been two hours.  It just gives us more time to hang out.

Having to drive 90 minutes to get home, I’m only going to have a couple of drinks early in the evening and that’s it for me—I’m an easy drunk.

So, what’s the final decision on where we’re meeting?  And… how do we get there?

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2007 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
JC in DC - 09 August 2007 03:38 AM
SJ - 09 August 2007 03:19 AM

I don’t get this, as usual.

Just that, If I go out from 6-8 or so, I can go out after that with other people.  If I am going out at 8 for a meetup, my whole Friday Night is shot.

We did the Dial Meetup at like 10 PM on Friday Night, so I could go out before that.  It was fun, although Dial is somewhat loud.

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2007 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]

So, what’s the final decision on where we’re meeting?  And… how do we get there?

Elephant & Castle is at 1201 Pennsylvania Ave.  Are you going straight there?

From Baltimore:

Balt.-Wash. Pkwy (MD-295) south turns into DC-295.  Bear right on US-50 East/New York Ave.  Just after the Convention Center (on your right), turn left onto 9th St. NW.  Turn right onto Pennsylvania Ave (or E St., one block earlier).  Look for parking.

From Alexandria: 

North on Washington St/George Washington Pkwy
Take Exit for I-395/US-1 North
Bear right on 395 N
Take 2nd exit, following signs for 12th St. NW
Exit takes you under the National Mall
Follow 12th St north 1 block to Pennsylvania Ave.
Look for parking.

Posted: 10 August 2007 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]

We know who is coming to this shindig?

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2007 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
SJ - 10 August 2007 01:21 PM

We know who is coming to this shindig?

me

Signature 

RIP A.D.

Commitment to Excellence

Posted: 10 August 2007 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]

I found out a couple of days ago that a friend of mine I hadn’t seen in a while has tickets to tonight’s Red Sox game @ Camden Yards. As such, I am out for this evening…sorry.

Posted: 10 August 2007 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Answer Guy - 10 August 2007 03:07 PM

I found out a couple of days ago that a friend of mine I hadn’t seen in a while has tickets to tonight’s Red Sox game @ Camden Yards. As such, I am out for this evening…sorry.

You’re a bum!  I could have gotten PAID to go to tonight’s game, and I passed on it to go to this!  BUM!

Nah, you’re alright.  Sorry to miss you, I had fun in 2005 and was looking forward to saying hi.

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2007 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]

So, who is going?

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2007 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]

I’m there!

Posted: 10 August 2007 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Chief - 10 August 2007 08:44 PM

I’m there!

So, thats 5 or 6 solid, I am assuming our local Heit will be there, correct?

Larry
Dan
Shannon
Me
chief
JC in DC
SSA (now with friends)

You know, back in the old days when Will Young went to GW, he brought coeds. those were the days, let me tell you

Signature 

‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 > 
4 of 5