Members: Login | Register | Feedback

Indianapolis Gencon Meetup
Posted: 06 August 2007 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]

So, get some 25,000 gaming geeks together for a weekend, you think there might be some Primates in there?  There’s 2 that I know of (and I’m reasonably sure someone else mentioned it in the Lounge at some point), plus any normal folks who happen to live in the area (Pops F., for one).

I’m just tossing this out there to see if there is actually any interest in a meetup in conjunction with Gencon.  That would be next weekend, Thursday 8/16-Sunday 8/19, although I’ll be getting in on Wednesday - don’t know about anyone else.  I’d assume it would have to be somewhere near the convention center (which runs into the problem of the other 25,000 people looking for food and drink.  At least the Colts game isn’t until Monday.)

Signature 

The rhetorical oracle sings.

Posted: 06 August 2007 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Devin McCullen got the ottoman - 06 August 2007 07:10 PM

So, get some 25,000 gaming geeks together for a weekend, you think there might be some Primates in there?  There’s 2 that I know of (and I’m reasonably sure someone else mentioned it in the Lounge at some point), plus any normal folks who happen to live in the area (Pops F., for one).

I’m just tossing this out there to see if there is actually any interest in a meetup in conjunction with Gencon.  That would be next weekend, Thursday 8/16-Sunday 8/19, although I’ll be getting in on Wednesday - don’t know about anyone else.  I’d assume it would have to be somewhere near the convention center (which runs into the problem of the other 25,000 people looking for food and drink.  At least the Colts game isn’t until Monday.)

What time(s) do you anticipate being free?

Posted: 06 August 2007 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]

I will certainly be there, but most of my time is taken up with the L5R folks.

If you plan something, let me know and I will make it if I can!

Posted: 06 August 2007 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]

My schedule is pretty much up in the air (because I didn’t check when event registration closed), but I will probably have a game to play Saturday night at 9.  So Friday night would be better for me, but early Saturday evening would work as well.

Signature 

Posted: 07 August 2007 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]

OK, most anything is good for me seeing as I live in this town.  We should try and find a place near your hotel(s).

Posted: 09 August 2007 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]

OK, it looks like Friday night is better for me as well.

Strangely, I will also be spending the weekend in an Indy hotel (long story).  Have any ideas just yet on location?  Or more specific ideas in so far as time?

Posted: 09 August 2007 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]

Sorry for not replying.  I’m staying at the Hilton, which is at Market and Illinois, but I’ll probably be coming from the convention center, so pretty much any place in that area around the mall would work. 

As far as time, I’d think around 8:00 would work best, but like I said, my schedule is open.

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2007 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Devin McCullen got the ottoman - 09 August 2007 07:40 PM

Sorry for not replying.  I’m staying at the Hilton, which is at Market and Illinois, but I’ll probably be coming from the convention center, so pretty much any place in that area around the mall would work. 

As far as time, I’d think around 8:00 would work best, but like I said, my schedule is open.

That’s fine with me.  I’ll search around for a bar.

Posted: 14 August 2007 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]

Pops, any update on a location?  Or do you just want to meet somewhere central and then find a bar?  (BTW, I don’t drink, so you don’t need to be picky on my account.  Pepsi’s pretty standard.)  I fly out tomorrow morning and will be pretty much out of touch.

Signature 

Posted: 15 August 2007 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]

There is a sportsbar right across the street (called Champs) but I don’t know if the other conventioneers will be flocking there at the same time.  It’s pretty large.

Otherwise, there are a few pub-type establishments that are a little further away.

I’ll be downtown anyway so it wouldn’t be a big deal to meet you.  Of course, any other attendees might want a decided location or they won’t bother to come.

Posted: 16 August 2007 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]

Devin and I will be meeting on the street corner before choosing a location so any other interested parties should shoot me an email and I’ll reply with my cell phone number.

‹‹ A sad failure      9/1/07! ››