Members: Login | Register | Feedback

3 of 3
9/1/07!
Posted: 27 August 2007 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]

Any of this works for me.  I think we may end up at The Dubliner before the game as well.  I’m likely having a friend spend the night with us who lives in St. Charles, then I think we will take the Metrolink downtown about 9:30 am or so.  I have a cooler that doubles as a backpack, so I may need to find a place to keep that if we go to a bar.

Signature 

“There is hope in barbecue.”

—John T. Edge

Posted: 27 August 2007 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]

I think we have a CONCURrence. The West Ham match will wrap up right around 11 a.m.

Sheriff, what kind of cooler/backpack is that? I was thinking of obtaining something like that.

Posted: 27 August 2007 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]

I can’t find a very good picture, but it is kind of like this, without the hideous logo on it.

Signature 

—John T. Edge

Posted: 27 August 2007 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]

Thanks, Sheriff. Something like that (minus the Dodgers logo) would be very handy.

Posted: 28 August 2007 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]

My wife put up a countdown on our chalkboard in the kitchen.  She’s great.

Signature 

—John T. Edge

Posted: 29 August 2007 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
(Sheriff Blalock) - 28 August 2007 05:56 PM

That’s awesome - I hope she labeled the countdown:  9/1/07!

Posted: 29 August 2007 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
DTS - 29 August 2007 02:42 PM
(Sheriff Blalock) - 28 August 2007 05:56 PM

That’s awesome - I hope she labeled the countdown:  9/1/07!

Of course.

Signature 

—John T. Edge

Posted: 30 August 2007 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]

Are there any road construction projects that I should know about? The Google directions to the hotel suggest I-64.

Posted: 30 August 2007 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
VG - 30 August 2007 02:17 PM

Are there any road construction projects that I should know about? The Google directions to the hotel suggest I-64.

The Dan Ryan’s really ###### up. 

—-

I’m hoping to catch the entire game, but I’ll likely be in the car for the first half or so.  I’m really disappointed I’m not going to this game.  Just wanted to say that again.

Signature 

“Alcohol makes you feel better and then makes you feel worse and then remorselessly very bad indeed, but then alcohol will make you feel better again. It is the cure for the dog that bit you, and how easily you forget it is also the dog.”  - Roger Ebert

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” - Finley Dunne

Posted: 30 August 2007 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
VG - 30 August 2007 02:17 PM

The Hanley Rd exits are closed, you’d want to do this:

Start on I-64 W/US-40 W:
At exit 31A-B take ramp to Brentwood Blvd/I-170 N toward Clayton: 0.12 miles.  Map
At exit 31B take ramp and go on I-170 N toward Clayton: 1.14 miles.  Map
At exit 1E take ramp to Forest Park Parkway: 0.19 miles.  Map
Bear right on Forest Park Pky: 0.28 miles.  Map
Take ramp to Central Ave toward Govt Center: 0.22 miles.  Map
Continue on S Central Ave: 0.08 miles.  Map
Turn right on Bonhomme Ave: 0.18 miles.

Here’s a trip finder that has road closures.  There shouldn’t be any other ones you’d encounter.

Signature 

—John T. Edge

Posted: 30 August 2007 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]

I don’t think you know the way to St. Louis, nor probably to San José, either.

Sheriff, thanks for your much more helpful post.

Posted: 30 August 2007 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
VG - 30 August 2007 04:09 PM

No prob.  I-64/40 is undergoing some major reconstruction, so be ready for lane closures occasionally.  What time are you leaving tomorrow?

Signature 

—John T. Edge

Posted: 30 August 2007 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
VG - 30 August 2007 04:09 PM

Oh, I know you know I was just being a smartass.  But I also know you don’t have a car, so I was just trying to cover all the bases.

Signature 

“Alcohol makes you feel better and then makes you feel worse and then remorselessly very bad indeed, but then alcohol will make you feel better again. It is the cure for the dog that bit you, and how easily you forget it is also the dog.”  - Roger Ebert

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” - Finley Dunne

Posted: 30 August 2007 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]

What time are you leaving tomorrow?

I’m shooting for 9 a.m. TMG mentioned last night that maybe 10 a.m. would be fine. I told her it would be better to arrive early and have a chance to see a little of St. Louis—I don’t think she’s ever been there.

Also, I talked to my friend with the Cardinals tickets last night. I forgot to ask him where the tickets are. We are meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Shannon’s.

Posted: 30 August 2007 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]

But I also know you don’t have a car, so I was just trying to cover all the bases.

Thanks. I see the Ryan construction work all the time when I exit the Red Line at 35th Street.

Posted: 30 August 2007 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]

Do you have anything you are planning on seeing?  You’ll be minutes away from the Blalock residence.  Be sure to notice how close the stadium is to the highway, it’s unbelievable.  The new SLU arena construction is right off the highway, and you’ll drive past the spot where Josh Hancock died.  If you have a little time to kill, you’ll go past Forest Park, the Zoo and the Science Center are free (although there are pay parking lots, but if you walk far enough you can find free spaces).  If you have a question, feel free to text or call.

Signature 

—John T. Edge

Posted: 30 August 2007 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]

The weather forecast for the whole 9/1/07! weekend is surprisingly mild. I credit Moses’s family reunion.

Posted: 30 August 2007 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]

Do you have anything you are planning on seeing?

I was thinking that she’d like to take a walk over to the Arch. Nothing too complicated. I like that museum in the base of the Arch. We could take a stroll through there.

Posted: 30 August 2007 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
VG - 30 August 2007 06:38 PM

Do you have anything you are planning on seeing?

I was thinking that she’d like to take a walk over to the Arch. Nothing too complicated. I like that museum in the base of the Arch. We could take a stroll through there.

Make sure to watch the documentary “Monument to the Dream”.  There is some amazing footage in it.

Signature 

—John T. Edge

Posted: 30 August 2007 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]

Make sure to watch the documentary “Monument to the Dream”.  There is some amazing footage in it.

My friend and I watched that on my previous visit to the Arch, in 1994. I agree that there is some cool footage, but it’s too long. It induced sleep. Too, we were hungover, but still…

Posted: 30 August 2007 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]

Has the pre-game show started yet?

Posted: 31 August 2007 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
VG - 30 August 2007 06:32 PM

The weather forecast for the whole 9/1/07! weekend is surprisingly mild. I credit Moses’s family reunion.

You’re welcome.  I’m glad I could still help.

Plus this means we get good weather for the reunion also.  Win-win.  Time for an Illini win also for the trifecta. 

Urban Faber - 30 August 2007 08:47 PM

Has the pre-game show started yet?

Yes, about 2 weeks ago.  Actually, the conference decided to launch a whole new network due to the tremendous anticipation for this game.

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2007 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]

Childcare has finally been confirmed and we’ll be downtown between 11:30 and 12.  Exact location of tailgate still unsure, but I suspect it will be the MAC parking lot at Washington and Broadway.  I’ll post it here and text VG when I know for sure. 

The weather will be perfect.  Everything’s coming up 9/1/07!

Posted: 31 August 2007 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]

MAC parking lot fell through - we’ll still be downtown but I don’t know where.  Talk to you manana.

3 of 3