Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Hall of Merit > Discussion
Hall of Merit
— A Look at Baseball's All-Time Best

Monday, December 05, 2005

1966 Ballot

Newbies: The guy that John Wayne used to play in the movies, Alvin Dark, and Don Newcombe.

Top returnees: Joe Medwick, Red Ruffing, Bob Lemon, Biz Mackey, Eppa Rixey, Clark Griffith, and Cool Papa Bell.

John (You Can Call Me Grandma) Murphy Posted: December 05, 2005 at 03:07 PM | 117 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Related News:

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
   101. OCF Posted: December 12, 2005 at 08:06 PM (#1773842)
Patrick W. does mention 5 people at the bottom of his ballot. I took that to be a 16-20; maybe that's not what he intended.
   102. DavidFoss Posted: December 12, 2005 at 08:14 PM (#1773850)
Patrick W. does mention 5 people at the bottom of his ballot. I took that to be a 16-20; maybe that's not what he intended.

Looks like its his "omissions from last year's top ten".
   103. OCF Posted: December 12, 2005 at 08:16 PM (#1773856)
Close as this election is, there is a distinct possiblity that our 2nd winner will be different than the person who would be chosen if we counted the 16-20 ballots. In fact, it may depend on the exact details of the points for the 16-20 votes.
   104. Michael Bass Posted: December 12, 2005 at 08:17 PM (#1773859)
I will get a ballot in, but on the off chance I don't, do not use my prelim. I've made some slight changes (and am still makign them, which is what's taking so long) so it's no longer 100% accurate.
   105. Evan Posted: December 12, 2005 at 08:32 PM (#1773877)
Close as this election is, there is a distinct possiblity that our 2nd winner will be different than the person who would be chosen if we counted the 16-20 ballots. In fact, it may depend on the exact details of the points for the 16-20 votes.

Actually, based on the current standings of the people in 2nd and 3rd place, and the number of 16-20 votes each has, it is highly UNLIKELY that any method for counting the 16-20 votes would result in any change at all.
   106. John (You Can Call Me Grandma) Murphy Posted: December 12, 2005 at 09:27 PM (#1773992)
I will get a ballot in, but on the off chance I don't, do not use my prelim.

No problem, Michael.
   107. jimd Posted: December 12, 2005 at 10:44 PM (#1774175)
Ballot for 1966

Read previous ballots if you want more depth on my reasons for all but the latest eligibles.

Still revising my system. Maybe next month.

1) T. WILLIAMS -- !!

2) B. LEMON -- I'm surprised at the lack of support. My system rates Lemon clearly ahead of Ferrell (and I've been one of Wes' best friends.) What more could you ask of a pitcher over a 9 year span?

3) J. SEWELL -- Nice combination of WARP peak and career.

4) F. JONES -- Still an all-star player when he walked away.

5) B. VEACH -- Good peak relative to great competition. Was an all-star OF longer than Medwick, Averill, etc.

6) C. CHILDS -- Best offensive 2b of the 90's.

7) G. SISLER -- Overrated but still good.

8) R. RUFFING -- 5 time All-Star (top-32 WARP) versus once for Rixey.

9) F. DUNLAP -- Great two-way player; bypassed for some reason.

10) J. TINKER -- Long career playing great defense; integral part of a great team.

11) G. VAN HALTREN -- Not much more to say.

12) B. MACKEY -- Catcher bonus keeps him on ballot.

13) J. MEDWICK -- Just hanging on.

14) C. P. BELL -- Just moving on.

15) H. DUFFY -- 19th century Medwick.

16) R. MARANVILLE -- Extra credit.

17) T. LEACH -- Extra credit.

18) D. REDDING -- Extra credit.

19) H. HOOPER -- Extra credit.

20) J. RYAN -- Extra credit.

Just missing the cut are:
21-23) Dick Lundy, Eppa Rixey, Ray Schalk,
24-26) Bobby Doerr, Joe Gordon, Ned Williamson,
27-29) Herman Long, Wally Schang, Rube Waddell,
30-32) Phil Rizzuto, Jim McCormick, Edd Roush,
33-34) Roger Bresnahan, Vern Stephens,
35-36) Clark Griffith, Jake Beckley,
   108. Devin has a deep burning passion for fuzzy socks Posted: December 12, 2005 at 10:56 PM (#1774197)
Thought for the ballot: How far down the ballot do you have to go before you get enough guys that you’d trade #1 for? Leach & Monroe for Williams? Probably worth it, but it might be a hard sell to the fans. This year’s PHoM choices weren’t that painful, but I’m not looking forward to the next one. Williams and Averill make my PHoM.

1. Ted Williams (new) For anyone who hasn’t read it, I definitely recommend My Turn at Bat. May not be completely accurate, but Williams was pretty compulsively honest.

2. Tommy Leach (3) Excellent fielder at important positions, OK hitter. One of the most complete players on the ballot. We're definitely short on third basemen, and I think he's the best available candidate. The 1900s aren't any better represented than any other era, and worse than some. Made my PHoM in 1940.

3. Bill Monroe (4) A good player at an important defensive position, with a great reputation for his fielding. Even though we don't have reliable numbers for him, he shouldn't be overlooked. Made my PHoM in 1939.

4. Bob Lemon (5) Best available pitcher by my rating system. I think he’s very comparable to Ferrell, with a similar (though lower) peak, and a longer period of effectiveness. Made my PHoM in 1964.

(4A. Earl Averill, 4B Bill Terry)

5. Dick Redding (7) Mendez moves up this week, but I still think Redding had more career value, and a very good peak. Pretty hard for me to decide who’s better between him and Brown, but comparing Negro League P and OF, the latter are slightly better represented in my PHoM. (Although the reverse is true for the HoM, mostly because of Rube Foster. But if I’m going to look at something like that, I should be using my references, right?)

6. Willard Brown (8) On the one hand, I’m not really sure he belongs. On the other hand, I think he’s better than any of the OF below him on the ballot. Chris's analysis showed him with the best career numbers of the OF candidates he looked at, and the peak numbers may have been deflated by the missing war years.

7. Joe Sewell (9) Gets picked on a lot, but I wouldn’t have minded his induction. For example, while I have Boudreau higher, I do think the two are somewhat comparable. Boudreau's a little better, but he was playing in wartime, and the first half of his era is much better represented at SS in the HoM (Cronin, Wells, Appling, Vaughan) than Sewell (Lloyd or Wells, and Beckwith). With one possible exception, clearly the best SS on the ballot. Made my PHoM in 1939.

8. Dobie Moore (10) The possible exception, because we honestly don’t know exactly how good he was with the Wreckers. If he started out batting eighth, I don’t think he was putting up great numbers from the get-go. For a long time I had him just behind Jennings, but now I've decided he was clearly better than Jennings - perhaps not as high a peak, but his excellence endured longer. If you could have either one as a 22-year-old, why wouldn't you take Moore?

9. Cupid Childs (11) He could hit the ball pretty well for a 2B and his defense was decent. His career is on the short side, but he was the best second baseman of the 1890s, whatever you feel that's worth (among white players, at least). Made my PHoM in 1932.

10. George Van Haltren (12) It may be the case that I just don’t want to move him ahead of Childs because only one is in my PHoM. OTOH, I didn’t make that choice easily, and I can’t say there’s been any major new evidence since then. Consistently good, but never great. There's a lot of guys like him, so it's hard for me to pick any of them out as HoM-worthy.
(10A Max Carey)

11. Eppa Rixey (18) Kind of switches places with Ruffing after I looked at them head-to-head. From a less-well-represented era overall, although not in terms of pitching.

12. Bobby Doerr (16) He's clearly behind Herman on career and peak, and wasn't clearly the best of his era as Childs was. I’m still not sure that something isn’t screwy with WARP’s defensive evaluation of him, but after further review, it’s not historically unique.

13. Joe Medwick (14) With his peak, he's probably just barely ahead of Bob Johnson. I’ve said this before, but if you look at their 13 best seasons (which include all Medwick’s significant seasons), he’s 1 WS/yr ahead of Johnson, and behind him on WARP. I do not understand the huge disparity in their votes.

14. Bob Johnson (15) His record doesn't look too different from Averill's. I'm impressed by his consistency, he was an above-average player every year for 13 seasons.

15. Quincy Trouppe (6) Drops a lot (along with Mackey) because I’m now thinking the MLEs exaggerate their playing time. Still, a 22-year career of mostly catching goes a long way, and all the evidence says that he was very good. Made my PHoM in 1961.

16. Bus Clarkson (20) Parallells Elliot’s career, but with war credit he comes out ahead, and he presumably had more defensive value. Could make the ballot in the near future.
17. Alejandro Oms (21) He's definitely a candidate, and for now I like him better than Cool Papa Bell, but he's also one more OF from a well-represented era.
18. Jose Mendez (27) Yeah, noise gets results, of a sort. It was more the comparison of the K/9, BB/9 numbers that impressed me, though. I still lean towards Redding’s career, but it’s closer.
19. Phil Rizzuto (19) Now I’m not so sure why I initally liked him so much. He does come out as comparable to Sewell in total value, but it’s very defense-heavy, which is less certain.
20. Red Ruffing (13) I think I was overrating him some - he's hard to distinguish from Rixey, and he does seem to have gotten a lot of help from being a Yankee (although his best years in comparison to the team were in the team's best years, 37-39). It’s also looking like the 1930s are pretty well represented in starting pitchers.

21. Gavvy Cravath (22) With the basic 07, 09-11 additions, this is where I have him. A better peak than Johnson, but less consistent. WARP isn't too fond of him.
22. Jake Beckley. (23) There is a TON of career value, but his normal season is just too average to give him that much credit. Similar to Bell.
23. Bob Elliott (25) Right now, appears a little better than Traynor and a little worse than Clarkson. I’m a 3B fan, but I don’t know that he’s the guy to support.
24. Cool Papa Bell (26) It's hard to argue he wouldn't have been a 3,000-hit player in the major leagues, and that does feel like a HoMer, when you consider his speed and fielding reputation. But after looking at Oms, I can't put him first.
25. Ben Taylor (24) Slides behind Beckley for now, but they’re close. Top-3 Negro League 1B isn’t necessarily enough for me to put him in the HoM, though.
(25A Sam Thompson, 25B Rube Foster)
26. Joe Gordon (28) Not that far from Doerr, should probably be a little higher.
27. Biz Mackey (17) Like Trouppe, drops because I’m not as strong a believer in the MLEs on playing time as I was. Maybe his reputation should get more weight than I'm giving it.
28. Charlie Keller (29) Now I’m seeing him as distinctly better than Kiner. If Keller had been the biggest star on the Pirates and Kiner was the second banana on the Yankees, King Kong would probably be in the HoF.
29. Bucky Walters (31) Ferrell/Lemon Lite? Very impressive peak, but wartime takes some of the air out.
30. Vern Stephens (30) Could be higher, but I am sure he’s behind Rizzuto
31. George Sisler (32) Might be underrated, but I just don't like the dropoff.
32. Dick Lundy
33. Clark Griffith (39) Simply not enough better than his non-HoM contemporaries for me.
(33A Hughie Jennings)
34. Bobby Veach
35. Rube Waddell
36. Roger Bresnahan
37. Pie Traynor
38. Chuck Klein
39. Ralph Kiner
40. Burleigh Grimes
   109. KJOK Posted: December 12, 2005 at 11:01 PM (#1774206)
Using OWP w/playing time, Player Overall Wins Score, and defense (Win Shares/BP/Fielding Runs) for position players, applied to .500 baseline. Using Runs Saved Above Average, Player Overall Wins Score and Support Neutral Fibonacci Wins for Pitchers. For Position Players AND Pitchers, heavily weight comparison vs. contemporaries, and lightly look at WARP1.

1. TED WILLIAMS, LF. 87 POW, 175 WARP1, 1,246 RCAP & .832 OWP in 9,789 PAs. Def: FAIR. Wasn’t much of a fielder….

2. JAKE BECKLEY, 1B. 23 POW, 115 WARP1, 245 RCAP & .596 OWP in 10,492 PAs. Def: AVERAGE. A very good for a long time player. Best first baseman from 1880 – 1920.

3. ROGER BRESNAHAN, C. 23 POW, 75 WARP1, 282 RCAP & .651 OWP in 5,373 PA’s. Def: AVERAGE. Best Catcher from 1880s – 1915.

4. JOHN McGRAW, 3B. 20 POW, 78 WARP1, 459 RCAP & .727 OWP in 4,909 PAs. Def: AVERAGE. Was CAREER ALL-TIME OBP% leader until Ruth qualifies in 1923, EVEN adjusting for League, and is STILL #3 behind Williams and Ruth. AND he played 3B, where offensive output was generally very low. Plus led his team to 3 consecutive championships. Oh, AND at least 2nd best 3B between 1875-1900!

5. FRANK CHANCE, 1B. 23 POW, 72 WARP1, 308 RCAP & .720 OWP in 5,099 PAs. Def: VERY GOOD. Excellent hitter and good fielder back when 1st base was MUCH more important defensively. Top seasons better than Beckley’s best. Loses out to Beckley as best post-1880 thru 1920 1st baseman due to playing time.

6. RED RUFFING, P. 31 POW, 113 WARP1, 170 RSAA, 199 Neut. Fibonacci Wins & 109 ERA+ in 4,344 innings. Batting prowess puts him ahead of the pitching glut.

7. CLARK GRIFFITH, P. 28 POW, 83 WARP1, 256 RSAA, 199 Neut. Fibonacci Wins & 121 ERA+ in 3,385 innings. Career-wise, close to McGinnity. One of the best pitchers of the 1890s, and in the top 10 of his 30 year era.

8. QUINCY TROUPPE, C. Estimated 115 OPS+ over 8,462 PA’s. Def: AVERAGE. Comp looks to be Gary Carter. He could hit for a catcher, and seems to have been AT LEAST average defensively. One of the best major league teams was willing to give him a chance at age 39, which I think says something about his talent.

9. EPPA RIXEY, P. 24 POW, 99 WARP1, 217 RSAA, 229 Neut. Fibonacci Wins & 115 ERA+ in 4,495 innings. Closest comp is probably Red Faber.

10. JOE SEWELL, SS. 35 POW, 103 WARP1, 346 RCAP & .549 OWP in 8,830 PAs. Def: VERY GOOD. Comps are Barry Larkin and Alan Trammell. Best major league SS of the 1920’s, AND 3rd best SS of 1910-1930 period.

11. BOB ELLIOTT, 3B. 21 POW, , 90 WARP1, 241 RCAP & .610 OWP in 8,190 PAs. Def: AVERAGE. 3rd best 3rd baseman in 1930-59 timeframe.

12. BEN TAYLOR, 1B. Estimated 138 OPS+ over 9,091 PA’s. Def: FAIR. Comps are Fred McGriff and Mule Suttles. Too bad his best years were pre-live ball, pre-Negro Leagues. He’s Bill Terry plus about 3 more Bill Terry type seasons.

13. DICK REDDING, P. 183 MLE Neut_Fibonacci_Wins, and 114 MLE ERA+ in 3,556 innings. Was the 2nd best Negro League Pitcher in his era, behind only Williams.

14. BOB JOHNSON, LF. 36 POW, .651 OWP, 319 RCAP, 102 WARP1, 8,047 PAs. Def: VERY GOOD. Best of the outfield glut.

15.BIZ MACKEY, C. . Estimated 98 OPS+ over 9,020 PA’s. Suffers in comparison with Josh Gibson, but a .300 hitting Gold Glove Catcher in his prime had to be a very valuable player. However, I think Trouppe was better for more seasons.

16.BOBBY DOERR, 2B. 40 POW, 107 WARP1, 234 RCAP & .539 OWP in 8,028 PAs. Def: EXCELLENT. Have him just ahead of Childs this time.

17.CHARLIE JONES, LF. 19 POW, .697 OWP, 245 RCAP, 71 WARP1, 3,958 PAs. Def: AVERAGE. Not a lot of PAs due to short schedules and suspension, but lots of offensive production.

18. DAVE BANCROFT, SS. 36 POW, .498 OWP, 157 RCAP, 8,244 PA’s. Def: EXCELLENT. Similar to Bobby Wallace and Ozzie Smith, so surprised he’s not getting more votes.

19. CUPID CHILDS, 2B. 30 POW, 104 WARP1, 354 RCAP & .609 OWP in 6,762 PAs. Def: AVERAGE. Best 2nd baseman of the 1890’s, but only around 4th best in 30 year period.

20. BOB LEMON, P. 34 POW, 93 WARP1, 180 RSAA, 162 Neut. Fibonacci Wins & 119 ERA+ in 2,849 innings. He was very good for awhile, and he could hit.

LEFT OFF THE BALLOT:

NEWBIES OF NOTE:
GIL McDOUGALD, 2B. 22 POW, 63 WARP1, 142 RCAP & .567 OWP in 5,395 PAs. Def: EXCELLENT. Highly underrated, but didn’t play quite enough for HOM induction.

DON NEWCOME, P. 19 POW, 62 WARP1, 132 RSAA, 101 Neut. Fibonacci Wins & 114 ERA+ in 2,849 innings. Even with some non-MLB credit, not quite dominate enough to make the ballot.

RETURNEES:

JOE MEDWICK, LF. .638 OWP, 267 RCAP, 96 WARP1, 8,142 PAs. Def: VERY GOOD. Bob Johnson is better by almost every measuring stick.

GEORGE VAN HALTREN, CF. 12 POW, 118 WARP1, 167 RCAP & .620 OWP in 8,992 PAs. Def: FAIR. He wasn’t that far above position offensively, and wasn’t that good defensively.

COOL PAPA BELL, CF. MLE of .365 OBP and .382 SLG over 13,637 PAs. Even after giving him “Rickey Henderson” credit for baserunning and “Willie Mays” credit for fielding, he still falls short of ballot worthy. Greatness perception a ballpark illusion. Best comp is Harry Hooper with speed.

GEORGE SISLER, 1B. 27 POW, 93 WARP1, 205 RCAP & .611 OWP in 9,013 PAs. Def: FAIR. Only ranks about 5th at his position over 30 year period. Some really great seasons, but not enough of them.

DOBIE MOORE, SS. Wish we had good MLE’s for him. Hard to tell if he’s ballot-worthy or far from it. Could be close to Hugh Jennings comp. Based on reputation and known data, just not quite there.

WILLARD BROWN, RF. Estimated 131 OPS+ over 8,407 PA’s. Def: FAIR. Closest comps seem to be Jose Canseco and Rocky Colavito.

HUGH DUFFY, CF/LF. 5 POW, 95 WARP1, 154 RCAP & .623 OWP in 7,838 PAs. Def: AVERAGE. Just not in the elite OF class offensively, and fielding runs doesn’t even like his defense (-31).

PETE BROWNING, CF/LF. 28 POW, 95 WARP1, 478 RCAP & .745 OWP in 5,315 PAs. Def: POOR. Baseball’s premier hitter in the 1880’s. Much better hitter than any eligible outfielder, but only around 6th best CF in 30 year period.

JOSE MENDEZ, P. 154 MLE Neut Fibonacci Win Points. 114 MLE ERA+ over 3,001 MLE Innings. Similar career to Orel Hershiser perhaps. Had some really great years early in his career, then changed positions due to arm problems at age 27 and was never really a star player after that.

MICKEY WELCH, P. 179 RSAA, 225 Neutral Fibonacci Win Points, 113 ERA+ in 4,802 innings. I don’t see the basis for all the support he seems to be getting. Even if you GRANT he somehow “pitched to the score” where others didn’t (highly dubious) the adjustment for the few games where that MIGHT have happened can’t bridge the large gap in performance between Welch and the already elected pitchers of his era.
   110. Tiboreau Posted: December 12, 2005 at 11:15 PM (#1774229)
1. lf Ted Williams (nc)
2. sp Bob Lemon (2, 3)—Like Ferrell, is underrated by ERA+ due to his ability to hit. Better career value than Wes after WWII credit, while Ferrell has the better peak years. It could really go either way between the two, IMO.
3. ss Dobie Moore (3, 6, 6)—Called the “best unrecognized player” of the Negro Leagues by Bill James, and has been compared to Hughie Jennings. Receives credit for his play with the 25th Infantry Wreckers from 1917 to 1920.
4. cf Hugh Duffy (4, 4, 4)—Excellent peak puts Duffy among the top of the outfield glut, and considering that his peak makes up 48.8% of his total WS, Duffy’s career value isn’t too shabby, either.
5. lf Joe Medwick (5, 5, 5)—Win Shares sees Medwick in a better light than either WARP or traditional stats and the WWII seasons need to be docked a bit, but in the end I see Ducky Wucky as among the best of the outfield candidates with an excellent peak and good career.
6. sp Clark Griffith (6, 7, 7)—A good balance between peak and career: his peak value is closer to Ferrell, Waddell and Mays than Rixey and Grimes, while his career value isn’t too far off the latter group and solidly ahead of the former.
7. cf Alejandro Oms (7, 9, 9)—The Cuban Enos Slaughter. Only one season over 30 WS, but 8 over 25; considering the effects of regression, had a nice peak as well as a real good career (340 WS).
8. 2b Cupid Childs (9, 8, 8)—One of the best infielders of the underrepresented 1890s. Childs had a great peak, while his career was not overly short considering the rigors of playing infield at that time.
9. sp Bucky Walters (10, 10, 10)—When at his best he was not only excellent pitcher but an inning eater as well. More career value than Ferrell but less peak, especially considering the decreased competition during the war.
10. rf Willard Brown (11, 11, 11)—Similar value to Alejandro Oms. His peak is slightly better (3 30+ WS seasons to 1) and he missed two years due to WWII, but Oms had a better, more consistent prime and receives some credit for early play.
11. 2b Joe Gordon (12, 12, 12)— Both Gordon & Doerr’s candidacy is similar to Averill & Sisler’s: strong, but not great, peak with medium career value.
12. sp Jose Mendez (13, 13, 13)—Dominated Negro era ball from 1910 to 1914, Mendez was similar in value to Rube Waddell except with more IP and without the flaky personality. His performance as a hitter and fielder in the ‘20s adds to his career value a bit as well.
13. cf Edd Roush (14, 14, 14)— Nudges past Van Haltren, Ryan based on his superior peak (excluding pitching WS, Pen. Add. has Roush at .793, Ryan at .781, and Van Haltren at .771). Similar player to Earl Averill.
14. 1b George Sisler (15, 15, 15)—Have been underrating him due to the shortened war seasons during his peak and the greater importance of fielding at his position during the era.
15. sp Dizzy Dean (ob)—Like Jennings, the Diz only played five full years, but what years those were! Win Shares credits Dean with the best peak among eligible pitchers, while only Bob Lemon has a better peak according to WARP.
16. rf Gavy Cravath (ob)—“He played ball, and lived his life, with a minimum amount of effort and nervous energy.” Cravath gets extra credit for his minor league performance, obviously, especially as the star of the Minneapolis Millers.
17. 2b Bobby Doerr (ob)—See Joe Gordon.
18. rf Buzz Arlett (ob)— Similarly strong peak and poor defensive value to Cravath, he provided definite value to an independent PCL in a time when Branch Rickey and TV had yet to corrupt the minors, when talented ballplayers could still when notoriety for their accomplishments without stepping foot in the majors.
19. sp Eppa Rixey (ob)—Nearly 4500 IP with a 115 ERA+, the best of the long career, low peak pitchers eligible.
20. c Biz Mackey (ob)—Third best catcher of the Negro Leagues, whose primary value was in his defense. Best of the group of borderline catchers, followed by Roger Bresnahan and Wally Schang.

Required Disclosures:
21. cf Cool Papa Bell (ob)—An interesting case. While James Riley’s expert pole places Bell among the 1st team Negro League All-Stars, Chris Cobb’s Win Shares projections place him squarely among the long career, decent peak candidates, below even the infamous Jake Beckley. Like Willie Wells, I think his peak is doubly understated, and have placed Cool Papa about where I see his MLB comparable, Max Carey.
25. sp Red Ruffing (ob)—Like Rixey, Ruffing had a long and valuable career but not enough of a peak to make my ballot. Questions regarding the support he received playing for the Yankees and the dichotomy between his Boston and New York careers also cloud the issue.
   111. John (You Can Call Me Grandma) Murphy Posted: December 13, 2005 at 01:42 AM (#1774525)
Here's Michael Bass' ballot:

Thanks, John...I just didn't want my ballot to count in a close election without full thought going into it. Hopefully next week I'll be able to work in the explanations for all again.

1. Williams
2. Moore
3. Lemon
4. Mendez
5. Doerr
6. Ruffing
7. Walters
8. Sewell
9. Griffith
10. Williard Brown
11. Gordon
12. Trouppe
13. Sisler
14. Dean
15. Bob Johnson
   112. OCF Posted: December 13, 2005 at 01:44 AM (#1774527)
Michael Bass also said:

16-20: Redding, Dunlap, Browning, Mackey, Trout
   113. John (You Can Call Me Grandma) Murphy Posted: December 13, 2005 at 01:50 AM (#1774532)
Thanks, OCF. Missed that with the cut-and-paste.
   114. OCF Posted: December 13, 2005 at 01:57 AM (#1774536)
I have 48 ballots. From last year's voters I'm missing PhillyBooster. We pick up Rick A, Max Parkinson, and RMc, who didn't vote in 1965.
   115. John (You Can Call Me Grandma) Murphy Posted: December 13, 2005 at 02:00 AM (#1774542)
The election is now over. Results will be posted shortly.
   116. Rick A. Posted: December 13, 2005 at 04:02 AM (#1774683)
We pick up Rick A, Max Parkinson, and RMc, who didn't vote in 1965.

Uh, OCF

I've voted in every election so far, including 1965.
   117. OCF Posted: December 13, 2005 at 07:10 AM (#1774911)
Aha - a bad bit of alphabetical sorting comes back to bite me. It was PhillyBooster who didn't vote in 1965; I had Rick A's -14 consensus score for 1965 on PhillyBooster's line.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've fixed it now.
Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
The Ghost fouled out, but stays in the game
for his generous support.