Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Hall of Merit > Discussion
Hall of Merit
— A Look at Baseball's All-Time Best

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2009 BBTF Hall of Fame Ballot Discussion

As in past years, anybody can pretend he or she is a BBWAA voter at BBTF!

We’ll have one week of discussion and then the ballot thread will be posted next Sunday (the election will end on Dec. 28).

The eligible candidates are: Harold Baines, Jay Bell*, Bert Blyleven, David Cone*, Andre Dawson, Ron Gant*, Mark Grace*, Rickey Henderson*, Tommy John**, Don Mattingly, Mark McGwire, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, Jesse Orosco*, Dave Parker, Dan Plesac*, Tim Raines, Jim Rice**, Lee Smith, Alan Trammell, Greg Vaughn*, Mo Vaughn* and Matt Williams*.

Just to make sure everyone knows the rules, as we have done in the past, each ballot should follow BBWAA rules. That means you can have up to 10 players on your ballot in no particular order. Write-in’s are acceptable to add to your ballot, but as in reality, they wont count.

* 1st-year candidates

** Last year of eligibility

John (You Can Call Me Grandma) Murphy Posted: December 16, 2008 at 01:54 AM | 202 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Related News:

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3
   201. DL from MN Posted: January 06, 2009 at 05:38 PM (#3044461)
turn page
   202. DL from MN Posted: January 06, 2009 at 05:43 PM (#3044465)
Thought it would be fun to look at this the other way around. Who are your top 10-15 players in the HoF but not in the HoM? Here's mine:

1) Ben Taylor (PHoM)
2) Phil Rizzuto
3) Hilton Smith
4) Kiki Cuyler
5) Hugh Duffy
6) Dizzy Dean
7) Vic Willis
8) Dave Bancroft
9) Chuck Klein
10) Pie Traynor
11-15) Lazzeri, Grimes, Hoyt, Gomez, Welch

My guess based on our last vote is our consensus would be that Rizzuto is the best HoF not HoM. I couldn't say that anyone in my top 10 was a big mistake but I've seen some of them portrayed as egregious Cooperstown errors.
Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
A triple short of the cycle
for his generous support.