Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Hall of Merit > Discussion
Hall of Merit
— A Look at Baseball's All-Time Best

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Front Row for Rush, Columbus, OH, Sunday 9/2, 1 free ticket available

Hey guys, I won a contest on the Rush website, and I’ve got two front row seats to see Rush, Sunday 9/2 in Columbus, Ohio at the Germain Ampitheater. Who’dve realized they are already naming things in Columbus after Joe Germaine?

I want the ticket to go to a big fan, and I don’t know anyone up for making the drive on short notice from where most of my friends live in PA.

So let me know if you want the ticket, it’s free. For now I’d like to keep it to huge fans of the band, but if there aren’t any takers from that group, I’d open it up for anyone wanting to go.

If more than one person responds today, I’ll have some kind of lottery or something, maybe those involved agree to split the cost of another ticket and we ‘raffle off’ who gets to sit in the front row. We’ll figure that out if necessary . . .

JoeD has the Imperial March Stuck in His Head Posted: August 23, 2007 at 04:12 PM | 114 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Related News:

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
   101. Craig Calcaterra Posted: September 05, 2007 at 02:48 AM (#2512324)
Surely the Repoz saw some brilliant performance by Johnny's Lizard Funkateers in the hazy days of '75 or something, right?

Applesauce. Repoz was into them, but that was before they sold out by doing that pathetic song about nouns in an episode of The Electric Company back in '72. Some folks will do anything for a paycheck, but that doesn't mean we still have to buy their concert tickets.

Worst show I ever went to: Bad English opening for Whitesnake (Steve Vai edition) at the Charleston, WV Civic Center in early 1990. I was 16 and was trying to impress a girl named Lisa. The fact that that bill impressed her was the biggest sign that I needed to break up with her.
   102. SoSHially Unacceptable Posted: September 05, 2007 at 03:03 AM (#2512345)
Worst show I ever went to: Bad English opening for Whitesnake (Steve Vai edition) at the Charleston, WV Civic Center in early 1990.

You've made some embarassing admissions here at BTF Craig, but this might top them all.
   103. NTNgod Posted: September 05, 2007 at 03:12 AM (#2512351)
Bad English was usually labelled "some guys from Journey + John Waite", but really it should have been labelled "three guys from the Babys + Neal Schon", no? Of course, Journey had a lot more hits (a zillion) than the Babys (two, maybe three?)

Just thought I'd add that.
   104. Repoz Posted: September 05, 2007 at 03:22 AM (#2512362)
Surely the Repoz saw some brilliant performance by Johnny's Lizard Funkateers in the hazy days of '75 or something, right?

No...but the Repoz did see Chemicals Made From Dirt blow The Gun Club off Maxwell's stage on May 29, 1982!
   105. JoeD has the Imperial March Stuck in His Head Posted: September 05, 2007 at 05:30 AM (#2512464)
I saw that Whitesnake tour in 1990 at Lake Compounce, an amusement park somewhere in CT or MA. Faster Pussycat was opening that night, I thought it was an awesome show. My buddy was a pretty good guitar player and loved Steve Vai . . .
   106. McLovin Posted: September 05, 2007 at 05:36 AM (#2512467)
Steve Vai is the worst....I used to have a couple other guys I lumped in with him but I have managed to temporarily blot them from memory....Yngwie Malmsteen maybe? Masturbate on your own time, fellas.

oh christ... Joe Satriani was one of them....ugh
   107. Jarrod HypnerotomachiaPoliphili (TeddyF.Ballgame) Posted: September 05, 2007 at 05:52 AM (#2512476)
One of the great catastrophes of my teenage years was missing a bus and thereby missing out on a triple bill of Fastway, Saxon and Iron Maiden. I carried the untorn ticket in my wallet for years. $12 I think it was I wasted.
   108. NTNgod Posted: September 05, 2007 at 05:57 AM (#2512481)
Steve Vai is the worst....I used to have a couple other guys I lumped in with him but I have managed to temporarily blot them from memory....Yngwie Malmsteen maybe? Masturbate on your own time, fellas.

oh christ... Joe Satriani was one of them....ugh

I don't know that Satriani should be lumped in with ol' Yngwie J. Malmsteen.

Satriani's first few albums, at least - haven't really listened to his last few - weren't exactly 100% shred-fests. He at least tried to incorporate actual melodies and stuff into his songs, rather than excuses for solos :P
   109. Dr. Vaux Posted: September 05, 2007 at 05:59 AM (#2512483)
Come on, the Electric Company was as good as television ever got!
   110. SoSHially Unacceptable Posted: September 05, 2007 at 06:12 AM (#2512486)

I still remember the first time I saw Morgan Freeman on screen and thinking what the hell was the guy from the Electric Company doing in a movie.
   111. John (You Can Call Me Grandma) Murphy Posted: September 05, 2007 at 11:41 AM (#2512528)
I still remember the first time I saw Morgan Freeman on screen and thinking what the hell was the guy from the Electric Company doing in a movie.

Same here. Weird seeing Easy Reader and Vincent the Vegetable Vampire in a different venue.
   112. Repoz Posted: September 05, 2007 at 11:58 AM (#2512532)

Not on the nights Verlaine/Lloyd blisterfingered!
   113. Dr. Chaleeko Posted: September 05, 2007 at 01:05 PM (#2512575)
I just remembered an awful double-bill I saw. Leading up to the second Woodstock show, Aerosmith was touring. I saw them at Hershey's open-air stadium. It was 1994, I was young, and I had no idea about them besides those three singles that all sounded the same from the Pump or Permanent Vacation records that my friend Paul Matsuzewski played a lot. I just remember a lot of scarves.

Anyway, the opener was Jackyll, a hard-rock outfit mostly known at the time for a blues roust up that included a chainsaw solo. And true to form, they played the tune for their encore, sawing up a wooden, four-legged stool in the process....
   114. NTNgod Posted: September 05, 2007 at 11:07 PM (#2513351)
Jackyl actually had a couple of singles off that album get a good amount of rock radio play: THE LUMBERJACK SONG, DOWN ON ME, and WHEN WILL IT RAIN.
Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Randy Jones
for his generous support.